Sign in to follow this  
Viper786

Will we ever see planes like a Boeing 747?

Hello everyone, I just have a question. I haven't been following MS Flight too closely and was wondering if we will ever see commercial jumbo jets like a Boeing 747 or an Airbus A380?

Hello Viper, welcome to the forums.

If you see the list of awards, the only way to gain some of them is with mayor transport and cargo airplanes. So I’m pretty sure we will see some big planes sometime in the future, perhaps a B747, A380 etc.

Here are a few of those awards:

Cheers

Sweet, looks good for the future! I just re-installed FSX on my computer... I used to play that game all the time!

Here's a quote by Joshua Howard, leader of MS Flight team. I did feel a bit disappointed when I read it.

"Long-haul flight is not one of the scenarios that we believe is interesting for the bulk of our audience. Clearly some people want this, but our research tells us that for anyone but the simmer, the idea of simulating a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu is not a highly-requested feature."

Here's a quote by Joshua Howard, leader of MS Flight team. I did feel a bit disappointed when I read it.

"Long-haul flight is not one of the scenarios that we believe is interesting for the bulk of our audience. Clearly some people want this, but our research tells us that for anyone but the simmer, the idea of simulating a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu is not a highly-requested feature."

This is probably true, however there are 747's that fly within Japan, and I once flew in real life on a 747 from LAX to DEN, so you don't necessarily need a long haul flight. Another thing to keep in mind is that the 747 is instantly recognizable even by the general public. When I first got FS95 my girlfriend saw a 747 addon at the store and she thought it would be the coolest thing to fly even though she was not into flight sims at all. So I think we will be seeing a 747 from MS eventually.

- Gary Letona

Its possible, but dont count on it any time soon. We havent even seen jets, let alone big iron.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

This might be even correct. However when having a realistic scenario such as Hawaii I would like to "simulate" what is going on there multiple times every day. Just checked the flight schedule between Hilo and Honolulu and guess what planes are used to serve this connection..... Between other jets of course mainly 737

In my view there is no better place to implement such planes than in that environment . Due to the limited area all flights would mainly contain the things that let beat every simmers heart: take-offs, approaches ..etc. And all this in front of a very real background. This is what I had expected. Having that option would make me happier than a new scenery where I could do the same "limited" things as before.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Wait and see. I suspect that even the Flight Team do not know what they will have in development in two or three years time.

Some month ago someone mentioned that the MS team was in Everett at Boeing to photograph the 787, maybe a hint. But also possible that at that time FSXI development was still in place, just before Flight took over.

Did they take pictures on the INSIDE? :Nerd:

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Personly, I never used big jets before and see no need now. To me, that is not what aviation is all about! Push a botton and go from point A to point B and auto land, no thanks.

Oh it's much much different from that. GA has its joys and it's very fun, but heavy metal is no less fun if you do things as you should.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Personly, I never used big jets before and see no need now. To me, that is not what aviation is all about! Push a botton and go from point A to point B and auto land, no thanks.

Air1, now it's my turn to fully agree with you :-) Flying, specially those Eunuch Airbuses, can really get to be boring...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Flying an airliner doesnt mean you let the computers fly , you can fly also By hand. Can be the same fun as flying GA .

sent from galaxy ace 2 via tapatalk

Yeah, give (or sell) me a Lockheed Constellation or a Breguet 763 "Deux-ponts" (the english nickname of this one could have been "Guppy" too !) together with Alaska !! Big irons are not all the same :)