Sign in to follow this  
SBPilot33

PMDG 747 FMC Issue

Hello fellow pilots,

I am currently having an issue with the FMC on the 747. I input my SID and Star with transitions and such from KATL-KMIA, (some of which are rather outdated in the system I might add especially at KATL). Anyways, After departure, I climb and cruise. After about an hour and a half I cannot figure out why I have only gone through 3 waypoints and when I look at my map, the plane has literally gone into 2 big circles going further and further south towards florida. What could be causing this???

Thank you for your time,

SBPilot33

SBPilot33,

I think that you will have to be more specific. Try giving us the contents of the FMC that caused this situation. It is not something that I have experienced.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hmm, thats the thing. I don't know what causes it. I've executed everything in the FMC, but after I took off and flew into the flight path a couple nm, I armed autopilot and pushed VNAV but it flew fine for a while, then just flew in big circles.

I figured it out!!! Took forever, but I had to arm Vertical Navigation (VNAV) AND Lateral Navigation (LNAV) not just VNAV. You've gotta watch what youtube tutorials you watch. lol

Speaking of, Everyone should watch my Sim Vids on my page! I will soon update new vids with my new PMDG 747!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SBPilot33/featured

Subscribe!

And thanks for all your help mcdonar!!!

Ah, dear ol' LNAV !

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx