Sign in to follow this  
vahidpm

Fly heading xxx until receive suitable for navigation

My Friends,

I have a problem with RC:

I use FsBuild 2.4 for my flight plan. The generated flight plan used in FSX, Radar Contact and MD-82 FMC are same.(All Flight plans are same)

Sometimes when I take off from the runway that Radar Contact tell me to do then it is different from that one FSBuild made in my flight plan (FSBuild put the SID on my plan) after take off ATC(RC) tell me to contact departure and after that there isn't any heading instruction and I have to turn to reach the first waypoint that is in my Flight plan. I use MD-82 and I turn on the Auto pilot and it easilly start to navigate from first waypoint to the second one and I am on my Flight plan after that. after 10-20 minute ATC (RC) tell me Fly heading xxx(degree) until receive suitable for navigation and It force me to turn around and go back to the airport and again turn back and start my flight plan again! It take 20 - 25 minute and because I use FSPassengerX and I set the time for my flights It cause I lost my time and arrive to my destination too late and also in long flight (With MD-82 limitations and 1 hour reserve fuel) it cause insufficient fuel for my flight!!!

I Also seen the situation sometimes in between of my flight (for example in 2 hours fligth after 1 hour ATC tell me turn around and after 20 minute it says turn back again and continue my plan)

Could you please tell me what happened with RC? and how can fix it?

If your first wpt is greater than 30nm from your departure apt, RC will tell you to fly runway heading until receiving "direct to" "suitable for nav" instructions. That's because you are not flying a SID. If you set your first wpt at less than 30nm, RC will assume that you are flying a SID and will give you a "fly published departures, then as filed". You can also request a "direct to" to one of your next 2 or 3 wpt's. If you receive headings that turn you around, request a "direct to" to your desired wpt. This is pretty well explained in the manual. The manual is your friend.

Thanks for reply I'll try that later but my friend I don't know why but I think RC's user manual is not really user friendly at all! It is my opinion and I didn't read all 290 pages to use it! :Nerd:

You should at least read the tutorials and prastice them without the FMC but using the MCP AP controls.

There are two ways to force a SID and that is to use one of the two altitude restrictions options. RC will not vector you and it is your responsibility to navigate to cross the first waypoint outside of 30 nm. This also happens if you have the first waypoint within 30 nm as vahidpm responded.

Your other choice is to take vectors steering using manual or AP MCP controls of heading, etc. RC will line you up to cross the first waypoint after 30 nm.

If you use a SID from your FSBuild the waypoints sent to RC much match the waypoints from your FMC SID database. If a SID is runway specific but you don't know which runway will be assigned (RC examines ai patterns as first choice to avoid conflicts) just send the common SID waypoints to all runways in the .pln sent to RC, force a SID departure, and then you can use the FMC to get to that first common waypoint outside of 30 nm.

Here is a tip sheet I made on using FSB with RC or similar planner:

The operational rule is ATC issues commands that take precedent. You can use an FMC, GPS, etc. to assist you in navigating your aircraft to follow ATC procedures.

Take advantage of the status area of the in-flight RC window to know what next waypoint RC expects you to cross and a general heading to it.

do you know why it is 290 pages? to explain in the greatest detail the ins and outs of air traffic control, and how radar contact works in that framework.

rc is probably not for you, and you will be frustrated and upset - if you just install, load and go. things will happen and you won't know why.

and as ron mentions, that is why we specifically did the 11 tutorials. so you could follow along with the manual. believe me, we didn't write it because we were paid by the page.

write me, if you want a refund. life is short, no need to spend it in a frustrated state.

jd

My Friends,

I have a problem with RC:

I use FsBuild 2.4 for my flight plan. The generated flight plan used in FSX, Radar Contact and MD-82 FMC are same.(All Flight plans are same)

Sometimes when I take off from the runway that Radar Contact tell me to do then it is different from that one FSBuild made in my flight plan (FSBuild put the SID on my plan) after take off ATC(RC) tell me to contact departure and after that there isn't any heading instruction and I have to turn to reach the first waypoint that is in my Flight plan. I use MD-82 and I turn on the Auto pilot and it easilly start to navigate from first waypoint to the second one and I am on my Flight plan after that. after 10-20 minute ATC (RC) tell me Fly heading xxx(degree) until receive suitable for navigation and It force me to turn around and go back to the airport and again turn back and start my flight plan again! It take 20 - 25 minute and because I use FSPassengerX and I set the time for my flights It cause I lost my time and arrive to my destination too late and also in long flight (With MD-82 limitations and 1 hour reserve fuel) it cause insufficient fuel for my flight!!!

I Also seen the situation sometimes in between of my flight (for example in 2 hours fligth after 1 hour ATC tell me turn around and after 20 minute it says turn back again and continue my plan)

Could you please tell me what happened with RC? and how can fix it?

If you want to takeoff from the runway which you programmed in FSB you can always request ATC for a different runway. I bought RC less than a week ago, and i use vroute for my flightplans - i have had no problems what so ever.

In the upgrade from RC3 it was decided to use ai patterns as the highest priority in RC4's runway assignment because ai did not always follow runway assignment based on winds alone and in RC3 head to head ai/user conflicts were frequent.

If you assign a runway preflight in RC based on winds you risk ai conflicts. The runway scoring for ai patterns is extremely complex including aircraft type tailwind allowance to allow best runway ai choice by some runway properties such as ILS/LOC preference.

Users of active sky should force an ai refresh (advance FS time by a minute or use the toggle in AS for FS9 only) after it finishes writing to the FS weather engine since in FS ai first establish best runway patterns by the weather set in the FS default flight used to intialize FS itself. FSX still has this problem but it is not as severe according to a related post on another forum.