Sign in to follow this  
mmmprod

Fuel Transfert - Engine out

Hi guys,

I wanted to know something.

I have tried this Plane at my friends house and I'm quite impressed by this little piece of nice work. However there is some stuff that I need to know. I don't want to buy a non realistic plane and I noticed numerous non realistic thing. And the biggest one is this:

I wanted to try a windmilling start in Air cause by an engine shut down (or a normal start in AIr) using realistic procedure.

I put not enough fuel in the left tank and waited to see what was happening...

The Fuel Panel was correctly configured.

At 0 Fuel, the Engine L NO FUEL XFR illuminated, I shut down the Transfert pump as stated in real procedure...

But the fuel does not seem to transfer as all my engine stopped ...ANd I was unable to start the engine again using real procedure

Here was my procedure

Air start (windmilling)

Cabin temp: Off, Blower: Auto

Radar: Standby or Off

Windshield heat: Off

Power lever: Idle

Propeller: 2200 rpm

Condition lever: Cut-off

Fuel panel: Check

Fuel firewall valve: Open

Boost pump: On

Transfer pump: On

Crossfeed: Auto

Generator (inop. engine): Off

Airspeed: 140 kts minimum

Altitude: Below 20 000 ft

Auto-ignition switch: Arm

Wait: 8 s

Condition lever: Low idle

Wait: ITT peaks

Power, propeller: As required

Generator: On

Auto-ignition switch: Off

Fuel control heat: On

Electrical equipment: As required

I don't know if it is a bug or maybe I'm not smart enough but this is not really fun to see.

I don't want a plane that I have to fly straight out.. I want to be able to exercice some nice procedures...

Cheers

I know I have tried the air windmilling start before and it did not work, I'm guessing its an FSX limitation, or bug in the plane.

Windmilling start is working on the Flight1 ATR ... I don't think it is coming from FSX

I checked everywhere on Forums and it seems that the FUEL Panel is pure fake on the Carenado... It does not simulate anything on the Plane. ANd when there is one of the two pumps empty the plane stops...

That's pretty impressive to see a 40$ plane without major feature like that ...I'm glad that I'm not bought it.

I put not enough fuel in the left tank and waited to see what was happening...

The Fuel Panel was correctly configured.

At 0 Fuel, the Engine L NO FUEL XFR illuminated, I shut down the Transfert pump as stated in real procedure...

I'm having a hard time grasping what you're saying here. You shut down the transfer pump? The first thing the abnormal procedures checklist calls for is to check fuel quantity on the side with the inoperative engine. Since you already know that side has no fuel, you need to enable crossfeed operation before attempting a restart.

Fuel Boost Pumps - ON

Transfer Pumps - AUTO

Crossfeed - OPEN [FUEL CROSSFEED] annunciator illuminates

Fuel Boost Pump (operative engine) - OFF

[FUEL PRESS] annunciator (operative engine) - EXTINGUISHED

Then try your air start.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

hehe, it is true that it is not really well explained...

I put 100 lbs of fuel in left tank and I've put 600 lbs on the right want. I start flying and wait for the left tank to be exhausted. When it was at 0, Both engines stopped and I trying a windmilling start using abnormal procedure as stated above in my post .... But nothing was happening.

Windmilling start is not modelled in FSX. It can be simutated by faking the engine gauges' readings and the starter status -not simple to code though-

Tom

You are right ....

And they have not even managed to get a Gear Silence Button functionnal, I don't think they will be able to make a Windmilling start as the ATR does ....

I will still away from this plane until they fix some many annoying stuff