Sign in to follow this  
mdenadal

Saitek Pro-Flight panels support for the 737NGX

Hi Captains,

for those of you still interested about using the Multipanel, Radiopanel and Switchpanel with the NGX......

give SPAD a try ( http://fstools.weebly.com ).

I've recently added NGX MCP support to the Multipanel.

Regards,

Massimo.

Thats great news! Thanks Massimo, is it fairly straightforward to program Nail%20Biting.gif

Russ Bailey

EGJB

is it fairly straightforward to program Posted Image

Well, I hope so.... It should work just out of the box.

You only have to edit your 737NGX_Options.ini to enable the data broadcast (this is related to the NGX) and activate the NGX Special Mode within SPAD.

Just had a brief go and all seems to work well.

For those that have any Saitek Panels then go get it :Party:

Russ Bailey

EGJB

LOL I have the panel but since it didnt work I purchased the CPFlight MCP and EFIS. Still realy happy I made the purchase (pit building) but man I could of waited a bit longer. LOL. Bad timing...Story of my life.

Thanks Massimo, I'll go give my switch panel a try!

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks Massimo, I'll go give my switch panel a try!

Hi Kevin,

please consider that this release is focused on reproducing the MCP functions on the Multipanel.

Some work is done on the Radiopanel to fix barometric pressure regulation, in-hpa selection and ADF active-standby (it will be included soon in the next release).

Actually there's no much specific support for the Switchpanel, basically because I've still no idea on function mapping, especially:

- how to use the rotary knob.

- how to map the landing gear lever to the 737 three states lever.

Any suggestion on what to map on what button-knob-lever of the Switchpanel will be really appreciated !! And, if possible, implemented.

Regards,

Massimo

Just released a new SPAD version.

The main new feature is support for the Saitek BIP panel.

More Switch panel support for the NGX added as well.

Regards,

Massimo

Just released a new SPAD version.

The main new feature is support for the Saitek BIP panel.

More Switch panel support for the NGX added as well.

Regards,

Massimo

awesome! i'll get teh new version and see if i can send you some feedback

Great! Now I'll go ahead and buy some of the other panels that I don't have :Applause:

Awesome news...now I can map my GoFlight buttons to other switches...you and Steve really rock, you guys have improved our sim experience with these support modules...Thanks and Cheers!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Hi Massimo, using SPAD, I remapped all of the Saitek Pro Switch Panel to a Virtual Joystick so I could set up custom functions using LUA scripts. It works absolutely gr8.

couple of things:

The L button (or the R equivalent) doesn't seem to send a virtual button press to FSUIPC, all others work

The COWL open/close doesn't seem to have any way to assign keys to it.

Truly, I have enough place available on GF modules to take care of the required functions, I just thot I will mention it.

Thanks for sPAD, first time I flew the NGX without touching the mouse, from C&D, it's an awesome experience.

Cheers!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

The L button (or the R equivalent) doesn't seem to send a virtual button press to FSUIPC, all others work

The COWL open/close doesn't seem to have any way to assign keys to it.

Hi Charan,

thank you very much for your report !

After some debug I discovered that the problem is not related to L, R and COWL. But indeed there's a problem with Virtual Buttons on the Switchpanel.

I'll fix it in next release.

Please, if possible, post your further reports/requests in Spad forum, simply because I receive notification for every post in that forum letting me fix any bug more quickly.

Thanks.

Ciao,

Massimo