Sign in to follow this  
lateagain

What are you flying around PNW and the other NA areas?

Anyone tried the free Mitchell Wing from Aerosoft by the way?

Got it and enjoy it for low and slow, athough the big wing makes it hard to see much of the scenery.

Kind regards,

Did you see Alan's report on the plane, Geoff? Looks pretty good to me, I have that one on my list. Find some pics and videos here. http://forum.avsim.n...89-air-tractor/

Thanks for the "heads up". The video is excellent. I was impressed at what seemed to be wind drift of the spray. Really must stop buying aircraft and start flying some though :huh: ....... Haven't even had a chance to download the Baron SP yet!

Busy time in the UK paying our second instalment of our tax bills! Amazingly they owed me money....but that can't buy you time on the sim ^_^.

Geoff Brown

The problem on the buying and missed out flying sounds familiar. The situation on some scenery of mine doesn't look much better at times. Helps the economy, huh?

the big wing makes it hard to see much of the scenery.

Try inverted, Stephen. :lol: I wonder how that thing would perform with a larger engine. We are looking at some 20HP there and it already climbs like a big one. I'd love to own that plane for real. Must be rather cheap and fun.

The problem on the buying and missed out flying sounds familiar. The situation on some scenery of mine doesn't look much better at times. Helps the economy, huh?

If I was that rich I'd be a banker rather than a pensioner :wacko:

....oohhh wait! They're the reason we pensioners CAN'T help the economy aren't they? :rolleyes::angry:

Still you "pays yer penny ...and yer takes yer choice"? ...and I'm willing to bet that there's NO number of bankers (just double checking the spelling on that... <_< ) that could ever stifle the creative efforts of those who create stuff for ANY hobby? :good:

Geoff

Geoff Brown

BTW ...and WWAAAAYYY OFF topic...

fascinated by your new signature image Stephen!

Looks like a museum of my earlier real flights ...all lined up on one taxiway? Here in the UK we have a great line up of classic airliners at the Imperial War museum at Duxford. If any of you guy's get the chance it's a "MUST VISIT" location. You'll not be disappointed!

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Make sure you get the Bernt Stolle FDE package for the 185.

It makes a huge improvement to all the models.

I'm currently spending a lot of time in the F1 177, really like it for what it's worth......

I use my Cessna 152II from Carenado, and their C185 Bush version. That's about it. And Nemeth Designs AS350 or Uh-1h.

I just got the Flight Replicas Super Cub Ultra - Very pleased with it. Great for PNW/PFJ/Tongass etc.

Nice touches with the tent and camping gear etc.

Impressed with my first purchase from Flight Replicas.

Just a Heads up for anyone who was thinking of getting any of the MilViz add-ons discussed above.

Just Flight have a Half Price offer until September.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Thanks for the tip off, Geoff. I've been eyeing the B55, I'll definitely get it now.

Cheers,

Mike

Here's a nice looking complete model that exists for the PNW and Fjords!

http://www.flightsim...list&fid=168120

There are excellent "Twotter" models with dozens of skins out there but it's a shame there's not a state of the art version of the single Radial engined Otter? I suppose it speaks volumes for the success of the design that the Beavers "Big Brother" was uswful enough to ensure that most survivors were re-engined with TurboProps but a good old smoke belching rumbling Radial would surely fulfil a few other virtual pilots dreams as well as mine?

And whilst we're talking vintage how about a Norseman?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noorduyn_Norseman

Just reread my post. A hopeless Sim addict aren't I? I post a link to a great new model and finish it with a wish list for two more........ hopeless?! :wacko:

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Just reread my post. A hopeless Sim addict aren't I? I post a link to a great new model and finish it with a wish list for two more........ hopeless?! :wacko:

The symptoms look familiar. ^_^

Well here's one for the PNW and region. AND it's Freeware.

http://www.mutleysha...hs748/hs748.htm

There's a wealth of FS2004 feeder liners and regional prop liners that haven't been updated for FSX so it's good to see this one get such a good review.

They'd bring DC3 versatility with twice the speed enroute?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

The RealAir Duke twins, the freeware P-180 (for those long flights from Oregon to Vancouver), RealAir Legacy occasionally and the Carenado C90. I just downloaded a freeware Piper Stinson that is really for low and slow work so I'll be using that too.

The turbine Duke is a blast though, especially for getting out of small fields.

ANOTHER Heads Up....

Lots of good stuff for PNW here!

JUST FLIGHT offering 50% off

All the Lionheart Creations aircraft available from the Just Flight website are now HALF PRICE until 10am (UK time) on Tuesday 2nd October!

Use discount code: LIONHEART

I've been looking at the Quest Kodiak for some time but at £7.10 I guess I'll have to get to grips with glass cockpits after all? B)

Geoff

Geoff Brown