Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

LEVEL-D 767 VC UPGRADE BY ZINERTEK

i hope Zinertek releases more HD VC packs for other planes or maybe some Airport Addons identical to FlyTampa or FSDT.

Don't I just hate it when I wake up on a Saturday morning and realize I'll be swiping my credit card in the next minute for an awesome fs9 addon? ...or do I love it?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Don't I just hate it when I wake up on a Saturday morning and realize I'll be swiping my credit card in the next minute for an awesome fs9 addon? ...or do I love it?

it's not much, just a few $$

Active Camera...

I do have active camera and I'm aware you can change camera position. But that is such an awkward process turning the mouse wheel to change position. Also I have troubles turning knobs in the VC since my position will change. I have disabled mousewheel zoom in AC. What I think I need in FS9 is an addon like EZdok camera which is for FSX.

it's not much, just a few $$

No it's not much and I actually have a motive for getting even if I use FSX more and more. I can't use the FSX version of Level D 767 so if I wan't to fly this plane it must be in FS9. I have purchased the printed manual of the Level D 767 so it could be an idea to use what I have spent money on.

i hope Zinertek releases more HD VC packs for other planes

That would indeed be a splendid idea. :good:

Maybe we might ask them?

I do have active camera and I'm aware you can change camera position. But that is such an awkward process

I am using Active Camera plus FSRecorder and can move and look around freely.

Sure, nothing beats TRackIR, but that needs a huge investment (mine burned out).

I can't use the FSX version of Level D 767 so if I wan't to fly this plane it must be in FS9

You do know that as an FS9 version owner you are entitled to a 12 euro only (instead of 45!) price for the FSX version?

i hope Zinertek releases more HD VC packs for other planes or maybe some Airport Addons identical to FlyTampa or FSDT.

I agree, would be nice to see an updated Dreamfleet 727!

Does not all planes run smooth without killing fps in FS9 these times unless you have a very old computer?

well, my system isn't that new but it runs almost all addons above 60fps, but I just can't limit the clouds less than 10 layers using ASA 6.5 and I stubbornly lock my fps at 60. It hits on the ground in a complex airport, all sliders fully right.

(AMD Phenom X4 955 BE, 4GB RAM, 9800GT 1GB).

Just tried the VC texture and I am not that impressed. Oh well

Just tried the VC texture and I am not that impressed

Since AirSimmer's VC is probably the best looking FS9 VC (haven't yet tried the QW146), I may somehow see the reason behind it! :P

Since AirSimmer's VC is probably the best looking FS9 VC (haven't yet tried the QW146), I may somehow see the reason behind it! :P

Yes Sir, The AirSimmer A320 wins the best FS9 VC award.......it's amazing!

Hello

Why would they care, if it raises more interest and therefore sales for an ageing Addon then I would think they would be very happy.

I agree that it might garner more interest in the product however it depends on the EULA which was released with the Level D 767. There may be a section regarding reverse engineering the product which would preclude any addon developed for their product.

Personally I think it was bad form for Zinertek not obtain permission and they are now receiving compensation by using a well known addon for FS9 and presumably for FSX which could possibly be in development.

\Robert Hamlich/

Personally I think it was bad form for Zinertek not obtain permission and they are now receiving compensation by using a well known addon for FS9 and presumably for FSX which could possibly be in development.

I agree.

As they have released the VC textures as payware they really should have discussed with and obtained permission from Level-D before the release.

Got them and had a quick flight. To be honest, there's no hiding the fact that the textures away from your immediate eye line are from a product that's 7 years old. But - it certainly looks nice (especially at night) and this brings the 767 VC up to a standard that puts it back into my hangar. I've not flown this bird for so long, I'd forgotten how smoooooth it is and how it's a joy to fly. I've not fared well with the iFly 737 since the FP (crappy frame rates) and the QW 146 is great, but this is a proper grown up airliner and just for fluidity on my system alone it's back on the table. A true FS9 classic.

It's a pity that Level D aren't still in the game. When you think that the 757 has essentially an identical flight deck, all they needed to do was build an external model and rework the flight characteristics for the narrowbody. It'll never happen for FS9 and the FSX guys have been waiting 7 years. I fear they might be waiting for another 7!