Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAdlai

Full 777 Available

Not the one from CaptainSim. I found, as I'm sure quite a few of you have, the great "JB Panels" freeware 777 panel available here on AVSIM. I found it, figured "This will suck, it is freeware, anyway.", and found that it's one of, if not my favorite freeware available. Though not quite as accurate, I think I like it more than the PT TU-154, just because I can read the gauges, and the fact that I actually like the 777. It offers an FMC, TCAS, V-Speeds, TOGA, LNAV, VNAV, a full overhead, and as a possible future release, weather radar. The FMC definitely isn't lite, though I must say it's far from PMDG; probably between CLS, and CaptainSim. It's only a panel, so you have to put it into whichever craft you want it in, though it's optimized for the POSKY one, including VC integration. I've had some nice flights using it, and think that, until the bugs are gone, it's better than the one from CaptainSim. To find it, just search 777 in the "Flight Simulator X - Panels" option. Hope you guys who don't already have it (most of you, as it only has 2500 downloads) like this great find.

Thanks for sharing. I am sure many users will appreciate this!

I forgot one thing on the list; it also has a basic IRS simulation. As in, it takes them a few minutes to align, rather than ten or so in real life, and you don't have to input coordinates; that's done for you. Still though, a very realistic package, and again, probably the best freeware available.

This panel was already amazing, this new version is stunning. I made a quick flight with it, it's impressive how good the VNAV works. Easily the best freeware panel i've ever seen.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Is there any way to do navupdates for the fmc?

It uses the default database, so no, there isn't, unless you update FSX's database.

Yes, it's certainly the best freeware panel that was ever made!! It even gives you the ability to create and update FSX navigation database through the SDK. Trust me, a lot of work went on this one and the guy that made it has all my respect. It could be payware any given day.......

While we wait for the CS and PMDG this, coupled with a quality model like Posky, is the best T7 you can fly period.....

Thanks JB!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Adlai,

Thanks for bringing this great panel to my attention. In the last week I have had some of the best flights in my life (25 years of Flight Sim). I am using the UPS 777 from Simaviation. I have upgraded the FDE (search for Brandon Henry) and made a few other minor adjustments including a great sound package(sas_fsx_b777_ge90.zip by Adam Murphy and Jesse Casserly). It is also available on AVSim. Greg Wilson the JBPanel creator should get an award. I hope he makes a 747-400 panel some day.

Ed Farley

Adlai,

Thanks for bringing this great panel to my attention. In the last week I have had some of the best flights in my life (25 years of Flight Sim). I am using the UPS 777 from Simaviation. I have upgraded the FDE (search for Brandon Henry) and made a few other minor adjustments including a great sound package(sas_fsx_b777_ge90.zip by Adam Murphy and Jesse Casserly). It is also available on AVSim. Greg Wilson the JBPanel creator should get an award. I hope he makes a 747-400 panel some day.

Ed Farley

Thanks for the kind words. I too think they should, what with this being the only freeware to offer everything this has. I think someone such as Chock should make a review for this.

I use the same sound package, but the FDE from the POSKY Service Pack D, and...erm...the model from...er...TFS. Yes, I'm aware that's for AI, but hey, the AI models are fairly accurate, and are good for a person running an eMachine at: 2.4 GHz Single Core, 128 MB GPU, 3 GB RAM, and a 160 GB HD.

This is great thank you very much . I know when PMDG releases there T7 one thing for sure it will be the most talk about topic here an AVSIM an all over the web . If its anything like the 737ngx OMG. I think that is why they are taking there time on this one. But thanks a lot for this one i am going to try it now i have this same aircraft with the same panel but i notice you have more things going on in there cockpit than the one i have. I think mines is 777ER American Airlines .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

This panel is definitely a game changer. I still can't believe it is freeware. I want to ask FSAVA what he is using to get this stunning shade effects?

Ed

which model do I need for this panel

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Download link? Searching jb panels in the library doesn't show anything...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |