Sign in to follow this  
qwseyvnd

How to increase amount of A.I. aircraft in X-plane 10 ?

I'm searching for the function but I didnt find it in X-plane 10 menu. So... Where can I find it ?

Under the "Aircraft" Pulldown menu, select "Aircraft & Situations". Then click the "Other Aircraft" tab. Change the number of ai aircraft to what you want (20 is the max). Click the button next to each aircraft listed to browse to your aircraft directory and chose the planes you want as AI. There are some frame rate friendly (non flyable) planes off the web that you can use to save FPS, or just use what you have.

There is someone working on a seperate Ai Aircraft addon for XPX to do something simular to My Traffic for FSX, but its still a ways off I assume.

Rob

Hmm... I found it now. I am so surprised, just 20? What if an airport has 45+ airplanes, what to do ?

there is no set flights in XP. The AI engine creates a random aircraft at a random airport in your vicinity and creates a departure and arrival and route for it on the fly. When it gets out of range, the AI is destroyed and a new one created in its place. You won't find Delta at it's appropriate gate. Hell, you might find a 747 on a grass strip as there is NO logic or order to how the engine creates the aircraft.

It is a big drawback to the realistic AI flights going on around the aircraft for FS9/FSX converts.

OK. It can't generate more than 20 flights each time ? I want 45+ aircrafts around and on the airport. Why is it there is no set flights in X-plane 10 ?

Austin doesn't feel it adds to the overall environment enough to worry about it.

One thing you have to get used to with XPlane is whatever Austin says goes. What he wants, he wants and the whole community needs to be up in arms just to get him to think about rethinking his position.

Maybe one day he will revisit the subject, but that could be in XP11. What we have now is 20 randomly selected aircraft with 20 randomly generated flight plans in an area around your aircraft. Take it or leave it, that is what we have and all we may ever have until Austin puts it up in his priority list.

My guess, due to demand issues of feature revisiting:

Cities and plausible layouts versus real-life counterparts

Cloud/weather generation/rendering

Performance improvements in CPU-limiting factors

Performance improvements in GPU-limiting factors

ATC/AI system

That list is assuming he's even going to revisit the topic.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The X-Plane General Discussions Forum" to "X-Plane Tips and Tricks". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The number of AI aircraft showing at a given airport is not so much a problem for me as when I last started XP10 my starting position was directly under the landing gear of a 747 parked in the same place as my plane. I guess the only sure way that this won't happen is if you turn off AI altogether.

Keith Guillory

Yes, I find that this is an awful problem with X-Plane, that takes away a lot.

Yes, I find that this is an awful problem with X-Plane, that takes away a lot.

Yes, having looked at XPX I agree.  AI traffic adds immeasurably to the illusion...using UT2 in FSX.

spacer.png

Hmm, just looked at World Traffic and I see it is very limited in scope (so far).  Not gonna buy it.  Not anywhere near on a par with what I seek in XPX, in FSX I use UT2 for example.

spacer.png

Hmm, just looked at World Traffic and I see it is very limited in scope (so far).  Not gonna buy it.  Not anywhere near on a par with what I seek in XPX, in FSX I use UT2 for example.

Do not buy! Watch how slowly comes another aircraft and plans for the World Traffic X.
25 dollars for nothing. UT2 and MyTrafficX(Burkhard) for FSX is a different league.

Chicken and egg situation, as most things in XP still are.

A single developer is working on X-Plane World Traffic. It can't yet be expected to come near the level of MSFS AI payware.

If you're holding back from buying it that's of course your choice. It's not yet where I'd like it to be either. But I bought it the first day to at least encourage the developer, who I'm sure has already spend hundreds of hours making it, and because no one else is even trying.

Chicken and egg situation, as most things in XP still are..

A single developer is working on X-Plane World Traffic. It can't yet be expected to come near the level of MSFS AI payware.

If you're holding back from buying it that's of course your choice. It's not yet where I'd like it to be either. But I bought it the first day to at least encourage the developer, who I'm sure has already spend hundreds of hours making it, and because no one else is even trying.

Chicken and egg situation ..... ?? OK. There is no simple answer. And how are you satisfied  after a year and a half??

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.