Sign in to follow this  
fritzgohl

how to back up DLC

I now have a P51 red tail. If I need to reformat my hard drive, can I back up this plane on a disk or something. I do not want to loose it if I have to reformat. Thank you

Regards:

Fritz

When you re-install FLIGHT and login to your GFWL, It'll be there for you to redownload/reinstall :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

True, but you can backup the DLC nonetheless. :wink: If you open the Marketplace program and go to the options, you will be able to figure out where your DLC is stored. Simply make a backup of that folder.

I once changed that folder to another one (I have Flight on an SSD and since Flight uses the DLC directly (it's not being installed into the Flight folder) I changed the location of my DLC to that SSD too.): the program said this change meant I would have to redownload all my DLC, however, before making the change I made a backup of it, then changed the folder and simply copied the backup to the new location. When I installed Flight all DLC was IMMEDIATELY available.

But nonetheless what jcomm said is true: your DLC is linked to your GFWL account so if you reinstall Flight on a new or other or extra computer, all DLC will be available for download.

FWIW,

From the MS site; my underline:

"For a limited time only, head over to the Hangar in Microsoft Flight for your free download of the RED TAILS P-51 Mustang, brought to you by RED TAILS and Microsoft Studios!"

Jim F.

Thank you, I will try the back up of that directory from the marketplace. The limited time is what prompted the question.

Thank you, I will try the back up of that directory from the marketplace. The limited time is what prompted the question.

I'm sure it's limited time to "register" for it, not limited time to download it.

Like anything else, you will still be able to re-download it again in the future.

Yes, once in your GFWL Downloads section, It'll bet there "forever" on the gamertag you used to register :-)

This is actualy one of the aspects of MS FLIGHT, appart from the excellent game/simulation, that pelases me the most - smooth installs, no PITA! I've performed at least 4 reinstalls on both of my systems with no problem, although the Win XP older one does have it's quirks during install...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...