Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Retro time! BAC 1-11 Dan Air Charter Dinard - Bournmouth

I nearly bought the Captain Sim 737-200 today but thought I'd save my money for a while and fly a freeware BAC 1-11 instead.

I've always loved David Maltby's wonderful freeware classic British airliners at http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/

HIs BAC 1-11 looks good and has a great 2D and VC panel. Fine sounds as well.

So I found some more dodgy weather (Dinard) and took her up to FL210 for the channel crossing.

REX Essential + REX weather engine. PIx are not edited just resized.

Hope you enjoy!

Adam

Great aircraft!!

Lovely shots!!

I remember Dan Air!!

Though you should in this 50th Anniversary Year also be playing with DM's VC10. With the panel updates available on Avsim it's certainly not lacking in bells and whistles anymore!

vololiberista

Thanks guys glad you liked :smile:

I remember Dan Air!!

Though you should in this 50th Anniversary Year also be playing with DM's VC10. With the panel updates available on Avsim it's certainly not lacking in bells and whistles anymore!

vololiberista

Hi vololiberista

Which panel updates are these? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on AVSIM. I love the VC 10!

Regards

Adam

Nice shots.

nebojsa

Thanks guys glad you liked :smile:

Hi vololiberista

Which panel updates are these? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on AVSIM. I love the VC 10!

Regards

Adam

The updates are available here:-

http://library.avsim...=root&Go=Search

You need to download them and install them one by one as they are progressive and also each one makes small adjustments. It's a bit pedantic but until the engineer's station is fully modelled it's not worth doing a single upload. And in any case that would be too large as there are so many improvements the list of which is quite lengthy. In a nutshell all warning lights are now functional, all visible switches are functional, the a/c has a fully integrated cabin pressurisation and oxygen supply (and mask), full checklists and cockpit procedures, cabin and flightdeck interaction, pushback module with marshaller, night panel, fully functioning ignition panel, working engine fire handles, three yaw dampers, etc etc.

Your best bet is to download each update and familiarise yourself with the associated material to bring yourself up to speed and be able to follow the amendments. The engineer's panel may be ready in the autumn.

vololiberista

Edited by Superpilotv2
pictures in subsequent post

Nice piccies. Good old 'Dan Dare' - first airline I ever flew with, on one of their deHavilland Comets.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for all your replies.

Nice piccies. Good old 'Dan Dare' - first airline I ever flew with, on one of their deHavilland Comets.

Al

Lucky man! I was around 9 or 10 when I first got interested in aeroplanes. Used to love watching the Dan Air Comets flying over Bexhill in Sussex on their approach to Mayfield for Gatwick. Never got a chance to fly on one sadly.

Loved the 1-11 as well although it was rather a noisy bugger for it's size even with the "hush kit".

Really want a 737-200 now but I've discounted the JustFlight model (didn't like the demo), don't trust Captain Sim and nothing from MilViz yet. Doh!

Superb set of shots Adam. :Applause:

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

Really want a 737-200 now but I've discounted the JustFlight model (didn't like the demo)

Don´t get the JF one, it´s aweful from what I´ve seen. CS or MilViz will be a lot better. I personally will get the MilViz one as that´s an "all-in-one"- package whereas CS sells them only per model.

The JF one is not the prettiest, but it flies okay and is good on FPS. The CS one is a lot better than it though if you want a really nice VC, and it's not bad on frames either. Technically they are not completely comparable, since one is the 200ADV and the other is the 200, and the CS one shares a flight model for all variants, so it's not a 100 percent accurate study sim where the additional 100 and ADV variants will be concerned. JF have made a 100 series add-on for theirs, which includes the grandaddy of all 737s in Boeing paint (i.e. the now preserved prototype which NASA used for years as a flying test bed), and there is a T-43 add-on due very soon for the JF one too (i.e within days), it featuring the revised windows and the different antennas etc.

The MILVIZ one will probably be the best one of all the 200s we end up with for FSX (just a guess, since it ain't out yet) but they are going to the extent of adding stuff like the gravel deflectors for the short field variants and all that kind of minute detail, and I think I'm right in saying that they made some cockpits for CS in the dim and distant past. anyway, even if that's not true, from the screenshots of the MILVIZ one, it looks like it will blow all the other ones away for detail, both inside and out. Just hope it flies well.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The JF one is not the prettiest, but it flies okay and is good on FPS. The CS one is a lot better than it though if you want a really nice VC, and it's not bad on frames either. Technically they are not completely comparable, since one is the 200ADV and the other is the 200, and the CS one shares a flight model for all variants, so it's not a 100 percent accurate study sim where the additional 100 and ADV variants will be concerned. JF have made a 100 series add-on for theirs, which includes the grandaddy of all 737s in Boeing paint (i.e. the now preserved prototype which NASA used for years as a flying test bed), and there is a T-43 add-on due very soon for the JF one too (i.e within days), it featuring the revised windows and the different antennas etc.

The MILVIZ one will probably be the best one of all the 200s we end up with for FSX (just a guess, since it ain't out yet) but they are going to the extent of adding stuff like the gravel deflectors for the short field variants and all that kind of minute detail, and I think I'm right in saying that they made some cockpits for CS in the dim and distant past. anyway, even if that's not true, from the screenshots of the MILVIZ one, it looks like it will blow all the other ones away for detail, both inside and out. Just hope it flies well.

Al

Great info as usual thanks Al :) Am going to wait to see what MilViz have to offer. The most important thing for me is how realistic the handling is as the 737-200 was loved by it's Pilots BECAUSE it flew so well.

Guest Mik75

very nice shots! there was some great looking weather going on during this flight! I haven't done the upgrade from my REX2 yet, but these pictures really make me wanting it... ;-)