Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

ImagineSim - VIDP New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl for FSX is UP!

FYI, some pretty good responses after the original F2004 was released a short time ago.

Now, the FSX version is up and available. I've installed it, but not tried it yet.

ImagineSim homepage can be found here:

http://www.imaginesim.com/default.htm

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I just cant bring myself to give ImagineSim anymore of my money.

Jim Wenham

I'm in the same boat. Lots of trouble with KCLT that still hasn't been fixed. KSJC had dirt bleeding through all over the ramp, took hours and hours for me to troubleshoot and fix it. No support forums, and little help to be gained from their e-mail support.

Caveat Emptor.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

+1

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Any feedback on this?

Give the demo a shot, at least you can get an idea of the looks and performance.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm in the same boat. Lots of trouble with KCLT that still hasn't been fixed. KSJC had dirt bleeding through all over the ramp, took hours and hours for me to troubleshoot and fix it. No support forums, and little help to be gained from their e-mail support.

Caveat Emptor.

How did you fix the bleedthrough at SJC?

VIPD looks fabulous from the screenies, might have to take the demo for a spin.

Would also like to hear about the SJC fixes as am thinking of the 3 FSX releases for 13euro thing at SimMarket

Dean Stringer

How did you fix the bleedthrough at SJC?

I used the Pro version of ADE to raise the elevation of the entire airfield a few feet.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The demo is certainly impressive--close to flytampa or perhaps even fsdreamteam quality, which I frankly did not expect. Together with the fact that it's in a desperately under-sceneried part of the sim world, my interest is very piqued. Other than lackluster support and the aforementioned bleedthrough, what other issues have people had with imaginesim?

I've always had a love/hate relationship with Imaginesim. Early on, the developed a bad reputation when they released DTW for FS9 - it had pink aprons and terrible performance. I think this did a lot to tarnish their reputation. Fast forward to FSX...They released FSX versions of their sceneries but they failed to fully test them with all version of FSX. This left a lot of people with unusable scenery. The problems centered around the runway lights and produced <1fps when on. They were slow to fix the problems and we still see threads complaining about issues with their products in FSX. I believe the sceneries that had problems were LGA, IAD, MYNN and CLT. I have all of them installed in FSX and after applying the fixes, they seem to work fine now. Their poor customer service and lack of a forum forced people to come to AVSIM to find solutions and made their problems far more public than if they had their own forum - big mistake IMHO.

On the good side, their recent p[roduct don't seem to have the same problems that the older ones did and their quality seems to be improving. They also produce packages for popular airports that the bigger names won't touch - CLT, IAD, LGA, MCI... I agree that VIDP was badly needed and I will probably end up getting it. They spent a long time developing VIDP and I believe that while they may not respond to issues, I do believe they are listening.

I rarely fly to SJC so I am not sure if I have the same problem. I'll have to scheck it out. On occaision, I install a lot of things at one time and may have forgotten to find a fix for the problem.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I have their KATL and found that it is not up to the quality of other developers. I have had excellent customer response but the answers to my questions were lacking. For example ATL has a new international terminal, has been in planning for years. When I ask the ImagineSim folks about it the response was we have to do a whole new package. There are freeware developers that have at least added a simulation of the the new terminal. Also the sign markers on freeware ATL sceneries are better than ImagineSim's stuff. Overall I am not pleased with their work. Will not buy any of their stuff until they do some major development improvements.

Bob

I have their KATL and found that it is not up to the quality of other developers. I have had excellent customer response but the answers to my questions were lacking. For example ATL has a new international terminal, has been in planning for years. When I ask the ImagineSim folks about it the response was we have to do a whole new package. There are freeware developers that have at least added a simulation of the the new terminal. Also the sign markers on freeware ATL sceneries are better than ImagineSim's stuff. Overall I am not pleased with their work. Will not buy any of their stuff until they do some major development improvements.

Bob

From their website:

We will announce details of our next new airport product for FS2004 and FSX here. In the meantime we will be working on new versions of KDTW Detroit and KMSY New Orleans, and updates to KATL Atlanta and KCLT Charlotte to reflect recent changes at these airports.

We will announce details of our next new airport product for FS2004 and FSX here. In the meantime we will be working on new versions of KDTW Detroit and KMSY New Orleans, and updates to KATL Atlanta and KCLT Charlotte to reflect recent changes at these airports.

I wouldn't hold your breath. These guys seem to take an absurd amount of time developing their stuff.