Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Is anyone else having issues with Essentials?

Unsure whether it is me, but since installing essentials I am having darn awful problems with flashing graphical anomolies. Sure, it happens when around big airports or 8/8 cloud cover in the NGX, but this is something new and not something I experienced with Rex OD. The only way I have found of eradicating things is to delete the bufferpools tweak, I then end up with a far less smooth sim, far from ideal and something I should not have to consider.

I did read something that suggested that essentials loads a whole load more 'stuff' in the background than OD, but unsure how qualified this information is. I have to be frank and say that at this moment in time I am seriously considering uninstalling and reverting back to Rex OD. I must add that up until installing Essentials I have been extremely happy with FSX. I don't really want to post this on the Rex forum just yet before I get some of you guys around here to offer your experiences. Cheers fellas...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have noticed some black flashing blocks/tiles on the ground when im panning around lately..

Chris Howard

I agree, I'm not that impressed with Essentials. Rex OD was great and I don't think we needed a whole new REX Payware. I'm not having any issues yet but some of my friends are.

Mmm, well, at least it's not me...

Chris@ [ I have noticed some black flashing blocks/tiles on the ground when im panning around lately.. ] That's exactly what I'm experiencing. In fact in stormy weather the sim has become virtually unflyable with all the flashing of textures and so forth when moving the view point around.

I'm really saddened, 'cos I have been so very pleased with how I have finally got FSX to run. With the latest adaptive Vsync tweak it has never run so smooth... and now this :sad:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

graphical anomolies

I want one of those too, please!

Jokes aside, I have exactly the same issue. Did any1 bring it up in REX support yet?

I'm double-screwed on top of that. I accidentally bought 2 copies of REX Essentials...How, you ask? Hmmm...let's not go there. Wine was involved. :sorry:

I have not noticed any issues at all using REX Essentials, and I run 4096x4096 clouds without DXT5 texture compression (i.e. uncompressed 32bit.)

Are you running the weather engine or just textures? Just trying to help you problem-solve. I'm running REX textures and weather with little problem (though it can be more demanding than Activesky).

Randall

Are you running the weather engine or just textures? Just trying to help you problem-solve. I'm running REX textures and weather with little problem (though it can be more demanding than Activesky).

Randall

I have been runninhg both Randall, with the same results

Howard

I want one of those too, please!

I'm double-screwed on top of that. I accidentally bought 2 copies of REX Essentials...How, you ask? Hmmm...let's not go there. Wine was involved. :sorry:

Maybe you could contact REX and see if they'd let you either get a credit for some other product, or perhaps sell your additional licence?

Re the OP: Not really noticed many problems with REX Essentials - it takes a while to initally load in the METARS and all that crap when I fire it up, so I have to remember to do that whilst pre-flighting, but apart from that it seems to be okay on my system. Does a nice job of things, even in obscure places where you'd think it would not pull in much interesting weather thanks to it now doing the same kind of interpolation which ASE does.

I still think ASE has a much easier to use interface for pre-flight stuff when keying in all the necessary weather crap into the FMC for cruise wind predictions and all the driftdown calculations when one of my engines falls off or whatever, however, REX is still usable for that even so. But as noted before, I've lost my exe file for ASE, so that kind of makes me stuck with REX LOL

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I agree, I'm not that impressed with Essentials. Rex OD was great and I don't think we needed a whole new REX Payware. I'm not having any issues yet but some of my friends are.

I've just read a thread on here where you recommended REX Essentials to a new FSX user only two days ago... What's changed?

I am also experiencing the sudden, intermittent appearance of black rectangular blocks. I experienced them today as I was flying the Flight replica Super Cub at abt 1,000 ft agl and no more than 85 kts IAS in the PNW Orbx scenery area. My system is certainly robust enough to keep up with a flight of this type and so I am at a loss to explain this predicament. I have almost all of the Orbx products and routinely fly in the PNW, NRM, CRM areas using a variety of bush aircraft. I am exclusively a GA pilot and so my flight velocities are modest. I have not experienced the appearance of these black blocks prior to downloading and installing Essential. I was a regular user of REX2 (minus Overdrive) for my textures and ASE for my WX engine. I have both REX2 and REX Essential on my system and have not had any trouble keeping both. I probably will revert back to REX2 and see what happens.

I had these black flashes as well I changed the TextureMaxLoad value from 3 to 9 some go as high as 12 and it got rid of them while using the bp=0 tweak. It's located in the display section of your cfg not in the graphics section.

I've just read a thread on here where you recommended REX Essentials to a new FSX user only two days ago... What's changed?

I highly recommend it for the great visuals but not for stability on some systems. I'm a graphics Wh--e. :LMAO:

Plus my recommendation was to a new FSX user who was flying with default clouds/sky textures.....yuk.

I have been runninhg both Randall, with the same results

I have the same issue as you Howard. UK2000 airports, the flashing is horrendous, with REX OD it was not. @ Orbx NZSI hardly a flash. I am using Word Not Allowed's tweak.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I got em too. Not bad, just occasionally a tile will flash.

I am using 1024 cloud set along with the bp=0. I did not have them before. I will do another test tomorrow and see. I would think that if you saved the flight or use previous flight saved by FSUIPC, that you will get the same weather. So I will not load Essentials and just do previous flight and see what I get.