Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Cessna Citation X - Beautiful or not? Can't quite make my mind up

I rather like Alejandro Rojas Lucena's freeware Citation X. Still not sure whether I think the aircraft is lovely or weird. Those engines just look too big!

Anyway hope you enjoy a few different angles of his aircraft just after departure from Bilbao in rather turbulent weather. Thanks to REX Essential for the weather engine and textures.

Adam

NIce pic´s but am I dumb or was that the guy who was later sued cause of using paymare models and giving them away as freeware? Or was there something else with that guy? I remember his name from something in the past but I don´t exactly know what happened.

Most babies and little creatures look cute, with a notable exception: birds.

This one looks like it still belongs in the nest...

That's the way the engines are on a Citation X Adam, oversized, that's why they are the fastest biz jet, there are a couple out at the airport and i could look at them all dat, beautiful machine as well as your shots Adam. :Applause:

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

Luv the Citation, excellent shots Adam!

Darryl

Very nice

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I love the Citation X, fly it a lot (Eaglesoft), it's an amazing bird.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Guest Mik75
I love the Citation X, fly it a lot (Eaglesoft), it's an amazing bird.

I have to agree, the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 is one of my favourite "high and fast" planes! It climbs like a rocket, cruises very fast and is a joy to handfly.

Thanks for the replies guys ;)

That's the way the engines are on a Citation X Adam, oversized, that's why they are the fastest biz jet, there are a couple out at the airport and i could look at them all dat, beautiful machine as well as your shots Adam. :Applause:

Adam

Hey Adam,

Yes I know they have to be that size to give the aircraft it's speed and range. They just look massive compared to the rest of the aircraft!

I have to agree, the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 is one of my favourite "high and fast" planes! It climbs like a rocket, cruises very fast and is a joy to handfly.

I think I may consider purchasing although I was put off by the VC textures. Have they improved it at all recently?

Thanks

Adam

That was a different person... you are thiking of Alex Guedes (Aryus Works) not Alejandro Rojas Lucena... Two different designers, both very talented.. Shame the one got himself in trouble, he made some GREAT models and had a lot of potential in that way.

Tyler

Guest Mik75

The VC textures aren't exactly what one would call HD, Adam, but they aren't bad either. I really like the the VC of the Citation X 2.0 because of the very well made displays and the functionality. The 2D panels, the very sophisticated FMC and the good FDE make it a complete package, and so it is, beside the Flight 1 Citation Mustang, my most flown business jet in FSX! Since it is sold via Flight 1's wrapper, you buy it without any risk.

The VC textures aren't exactly what one would call HD, Adam, but they aren't bad either. I really like the the VC of the Citation X 2.0 because of the very well made displays and the functionality. The 2D panels, the very sophisticated FMC and the good FDE make it a complete package, and so it is, beside the Flight 1 Citation Mustang, my most flown business jet in FSX! Since it is sold via Flight 1's wrapper, you buy it without any risk.

Thanks for the info Michael. I think I bought it a while back but got a refund due to the poor VC and bugs. So I guess your latest version is bug-free? I'm tempted to buy again if it has an accurate FDE and working FMC.

That was a different person... you are thiking of Alex Guedes (Aryus Works) not Alejandro Rojas Lucena... Two different designers, both very talented.. Shame the one got himself in trouble, he made some GREAT models and had a lot of potential in that way.

Tyler

Thanks Tyler, that was it.