Sign in to follow this  
ADBMaster

EZCA Problem SP1c

Hello captains,

After I installed SP1c, I ran the EZCA configurator, and flew (or at least tried to) the bird. The VC operator just as usual, but when I moved to the exterior, I was somewhat surprised to see the following:

fsx%202012-06-11%2017-02-18-84.png

Note that it looked completely normal in the "normal" locked-spot view.

fsx%202012-06-11%2016-59-08-37.png

I am not having this problem with any other planes.

I did note however, that it said "Cockpit view" in the upper-right corner of the screen, where it would normally say "EzDok dynamic" something rather.

Am I missing something obvious here?

yeah, you're outside of your cockpit. Go back in. i've customized my saitek hardware to be able to move front-back and side to side etc.... I don't know what hardware you got but you can try something like that.

PS: The PMDG box is the cockpit

Hey Aaron, what you have to do is run the ezdok configurator again, you have to do this even after installing service packs

If you want to perform a walk-around using Ezca, you need to assign a dedicated view from the ezca universal camera (outside view). If you just move to the outside from inside the VC, you will experience exactly what you are seeing.

Press "S" until you reach the "universal" camera. Then press keypad 2, and move it to where you want. Press 2 again. Then you just need to creat a short cut for that view using the ezca control panel.

Hey Aaron, what you have to do is run the ezdok configurator again, you have to do this even after installing service packs

I ran the EZCA configurator

So, yeah...

If you want to perform a walk-around using Ezca, you need to assign a dedicated view from the ezca universal camera (outside view). If you just move to the outside from inside the VC, you will experience exactly what you are seeing.

Press "S" until you reach the "universal" camera. Then press keypad 2, and move it to where you want. Press 2 again. Then you just need to creat a short cut for that view using the ezca control panel.

That's exactly the problem. When I move to the exterior view, it behaves as though I'm in cockpit view. Again, not experiencing this with any other planes.

it behaves as though I'm in cockpit view

That's because you are, in fact, in cockpit view. What happened is that you just moved your eye point way outside to that position, but you are still in VC mode. In order to see the aircraft from the outside, you need to select an outside camera. Try to cycle the "S" key until you see the wing as the PMDG pre set passenger view. Now use your asigned keys to move (mine are the arrows - not the numpad arrows) further from the plane. Now you will be able to see the plane as you have just "walked" around it. To access this view easier the next time, use the EZCA aircraft universal view (keep cycling the S until you reach it) to save an outside view. Seems complicated, but it really isn't.

That's because you are, in fact, in cockpit view. What happened is that you just moved your eye point way outside to that position, but you are still in VC mode. In order to see the aircraft from the outside, you need to select an outside camera. Try to cycle the "S" key until you see the wing as the PMDG pre set passenger view. Now use your asigned keys to move (mine are the arrows - not the numpad arrows) further from the plane. Now you will be able to see the plane as you have just "walked" around it. To access this view easier the next time, use the EZCA aircraft universal view (keep cycling the S until you reach it) to save an outside view. Seems complicated, but it really isn't.

When I move to the exterior view

Notice the word "view" there. I didn't climb out of the cockpit, I already switched views properly.

But maybe I have the solution.

Do you need to run the EZCA configurator in Admin mode? I can't try it now, I'm at work (naughty me).

I had a problem similar to this - can't quite remember what did the trick in the end. Sometimes reinstalling EZCA helps - not just running the setup again but I had to re-extract a new setup file from the wrapper to get things working properly again.

But before doing that I'd definitely try to run the configurator in Admin mode.