Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 Pilot response alert system

Will the 777X have the pilot response that the real bird does? For those who don't know after a certain time interval (that I can't seem to remember) if no buttons are pressed, the 777 will indicate on the EICAS "PILOT RESPONSE" in yellow, a few minutes it repeats this in red, and then Finally an aural alert sounds.

Will the 777X have the pilot response that the real bird does? For those who don't know after a certain time interval (that I can't seem to remember) of no buttons being pressed, the 777 will indicate on the EICAS "PILOT RESPONSE" in yellow, a few minutes it repeats this, and then Finally an aural alert sounds. The s

If they do, I hope it's an option. Or Robert or whatever livery I decide to fly can pay me what they pay their captains to sit in front of my computer for 8-16 hours. People have lives and sometimes you just can't sit there for a Atlanta-Johannesburg flight. I'm not going to sit there every 15-20 minutes to press the PROG page on the CDU to avoid a master warning.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

If they do, I hope it's an option. Or Robert or whatever livery I decide to fly can pay me what they pay their captains to sit in front of my computer for 8-16 hours. People have lives and sometimes you just can't sit there for a Atlanta-Johannesburg flight. I'm not going to sit there every 15-20 minutes to press the PROG page on the CDU to avoid a master warning.

I feel ya! Maybe they'll have incraments for us to choose from ( one hour, 2 hours etc). It's a feature on the real 777 that I only recently discovered so I thought I'd ask.

Does anyone know how long on the actual aircraft it takes to set off?

The times vary as per airline options, but the default values are as follows:

Cruise advisory timer

15 min

Cruise caution timer

20 min

Cruise warning timer

25 min

Descent advisory timer

5 min

Descent caution timer

6 min

Descent warning timer

7 min

The warning is inhibited in climb up to 20000 feet, and if flaps arent fully retracted.

Its an interesting system. But would deffs need to be something you can switch on and off depending on whether you want it for that flight.

I got it from that DVD too, awesome thing to have!

[media=]

[/media]

At 4.30minutes the pilots discuss this.

this is the video I originally saw it discussed in. I havent heard anything else about it though

The times vary as per airline options, but the default values are as follows:

Cruise advisory timer

15 min

Cruise caution timer

20 min

Cruise warning timer

25 min

Descent advisory timer

5 min

Descent caution timer

6 min

Descent warning timer

7 min

The warning is inhibited in climb up to 20000 feet, and if flaps arent fully retracted.

What are the descent timers? Like if you've passed the Top of descent and havent begun a descent?

It would be nice if I can use that sound file as a ringtone.

THAT WOULD BE AWSOME!!! Could you imagine PMDG ringtones? As if my girlfriend didn't think I was enough of a geek already!

I can see it now, I'm flying with a new student and I have the MD11 "ENGINE ONE, FIRE" alarm going off because she's trying to call me.

As for the original topic, I think it would actually be good for those of us who fly for Virtual Airlines. Mine requires me to click a button on the webpage at least every 40 minutes or else I loose what we call the flight declaration. If we could customize the timers that would be great for those long hauls with my VA.

Guest dlrk

I have the MD-11 tritone as my ringtone.