Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Alaska soon to be released?

Think about it, when has any company ever released DLC without giving people information about the contents? Companies don't just drop DLC without releasing any information on it.

You mean "no information" like "over 1.5 million square kilometers (~600,000 square miles) of captivating scenery, new aircraft and additional missions"?

What exactly are you expecting? A list of every airport in the expansion? A photo-spread of each plane that's coming? The mission-description text of all the new missions?

The land-area numbers they gave make it quite clear that we are getting all of Alaska. Not just Kodiak Island, or the North Slope, or some of the other "we're only getting a little bit of Alaska" theories that have popped up here recently.

A detailed list of what all is in an area that large would be a little excessive for teaser-information, I think.

I think they are going to release Alaska at the end of the month. As RoboRay states, they have released info on the scenery already.

They have not released info on any planes or any additional features added to the game. Now they do seem to wait till about 2 weeks before release to tease the plane. We have no experience as to how they let us know about new features they plan to release to the game.

I kind of suspect a hint photo of the plane by tomorrow morning. I hope it is a photo of the cockpit. XD

I see whut you did there..... :wink:

Hehe :biggrin:

I kind of suspect a hint photo of the plane by tomorrow morning. I hope it is a photo of the cockpit. XD

New DLC: a Boeing 737 ... without a cockpit.

I would laugh so hard... :LMAO:

Hehe :biggrin:

New DLC: a Boeing 737 ... without a cockpit.

I would laugh so hard... :LMAO:

That would certainly set off a protest storm but would not bother me in the least. Just give me something with tundra tires, floats, and of course a VC is a must.

You mean "no information" like "over 1.5 million square kilometers (~600,000 square miles) of captivating scenery, new aircraft and additional missions"?

What exactly are you expecting? A list of every airport in the expansion? A photo-spread of each plane that's coming? The mission-description text of all the new missions?

The land-area numbers they gave make it quite clear that we are getting all of Alaska. Not just Kodiak Island, or the North Slope, or some of the other "we're only getting a little bit of Alaska" theories that have popped up here recently.

A detailed list of what all is in an area that large would be a little excessive for teaser-information, I think.

Well I never said anywhere that I wanted a quoted list of every single feature, but something would be nice. I'm sorry but a link stating "it's big and has more missions" is not adequate at all. I mean of course it's going to be big and have more planes and missions, that goes without saying for a DLC of this size. But what are a few of the planes and what are a few of the missions? Literally all that link is is just some teaser screenshots. No hard information about much of anything. Sure we know we're getting all of Alaska, but what are we going to do with it? We have too little information to warrant a June release and to claim so is purely uninformed speculation.

Sure we know we're getting all of Alaska, but what are we going to do with it?

Whatever we want? Pretty much what we do with Hawaii, I expect, but on a larger scale and maybe with a few new "activities" thrown in.

We have too little information to warrant a June release and to claim so is purely uninformed speculation.

By your criteria, we had too little information on February 13th to warrant a February release of Hawaii, too. :Thinking:

And speculation based on historical documented trends (even if only a few months worth) is hardly "uninformed."

In the beginning of February we had a lot more information prior to the release of Hawaii than we currently have of Alaska. We knew that the Maule and P-51 were going to be in it, and we knew Hawaii was an optional purchase with the RV-6 included. We had webisodes showing off various feature of the game, including all of the upcoming aircraft. So by my criteria, the information we had on the 13th was more than enough to warrant a release, especially considering on that date they had given us the firm release date. Currently, we are 2 weeks out from the speculated release date with no new information as to what is included in the DLC aside from the landmass. The "historical documented trends" do nothing to support a June release.

The "historical documented trends" do nothing to support a June release.

Actually, the "historical documented trends" support nothing other than a June release for Alaska. Answer these questions and consider the ramifications:

• In what month has there been no new Flight DLC released on the last Wednesday?
  • In what month has some teaser (or at least hints) information about the next DLC not been provided at least two weeks prior to the release?
  • In what month has specific, involved, detailed information about the next DLC ever been provided prior to the release?

As we stand, right now, we can be reasonably certain something is going to be released on June 27th. We can also be reasonably certain it will be something they've already told us about, regardless of how much or little information they have provided about it. What does that leave?

Complaining about Microsoft not telling you enough about Alaska doesn't mean it's impossible for them to release it anyway.

Now, they could throw out their previous schedule and release something surprising, or nothing at all, or even say the Red Tails freebie was the June DLC. They can do whatever they want, observed trends being merely indicative of probabilities, not assurances. But saying the existing trends don't support them doing something exactly in accordance with their previous releases is nonsense.

Hi Folks

I'm sorry but a link stating "it's big and has more missions" is not adequate at all.

I mean of course

it's going to be big

and have more planes

and missions,

that goes without saying for a DLC of this size.

The announcement doesn't say -

the Alaska package contains X + Y + Z

it says -

We're excited to announce some upcoming DLC:

HTH

ATB

Paul

First off, I was never complaining. I have stated that I would love a June release, I just don't believe that it's coming. Today is the 2 weeks out for the 27th so if we see something in the next day or so I will be more inclined to believe a June release. The first month actually, had specific information about the Hawaii DLC. Let's not confuse a single plane with a regional DLC. A plane takes much less work to accomplish than a regional release so we can safely put those two in completely different ballparks. Prior to the release of warbirds, they actually tell us what the plane is. That's really as detailed as you can get with a single aircraft, and with Alaska that same level of information will come with available missions, planes, and some new features (if any), which we have yet to receive. I'm not asking for specific details about the aircraft performance and a map of every airfield, but I would at least like to know what aircraft are being included and some of the new missions that can be expected. I will agree that they have been good with the last Wednesday releases, but this is a completely different animal than a single plane, and therefor much more complex.

Today is the 2 weeks out for the 27th so if we see something in the next day or so I will be more inclined to believe a June release.

By the previous schedule, an announcement of some kind should be imminent. If the weekend arrives with nothing but silence, then I agree that things won't look good for Alaska this month.

The first month actually, had specific information about the Hawaii DLC.

Well, actually, the first month had specific information about Flight... the product launch itself. Details about missions and so forth were given about Flight, not so much as about the Hawaii scenery.

I would at least like to know what aircraft are being included and some of the new missions that can be expected.

Indeed. This is the kind of information I expect to begin trickling out this week and into the next, much like their previous multiple "hints" at upcoming aircraft identities.

Reading all this back and forth about the release/non-release of future DLC makes me chuckle.

It will happen when it happens. It will be what it will be. All the speculation in the world isn't going to change that one little bit.

Relax. Smile. Enjoy what you currently have. Patience is a virtue after all.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Speculations and hopes are two different things :) You could speculate on what MSF team is supposed to do, and you could also hope they would do things awaited from some companies. Or not :)

That's the point of a forum. We're not yelling at Microsoft, we just having a discussion. If nobody talked about things and expressed opinions this forum would be pretty barren.