Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Ray Smith AFCAD appreciation

I just went through a big format/reinstall a few weeks ago (added SSDs) and I just now got around to installing AFCADs for all the major airports. I just wanted to point out and commend the amount of time and work Ray Smith has put into providing good AFCADs for free here. I installed well over 150 of his files that cover a ton of the world's major airports. That is a heck of a lot of work!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I completely agree! I have a number of his creations and he does darn nice work. Well done, Ray - and thank you.

DJ

I just went through a big format/reinstall a few weeks ago (added SSDs) and I just now got around to installing AFCADs for all the major airports. I just wanted to point out and commend the amount of time and work Ray Smith has put into providing good AFCADs for free here. I installed well over 150 of his files that cover a ton of the world's major airports. That is a heck of a lot of work!

Ryan, I agree with that! Ray has done a tremendous job and has made a phenominal contribution to the community. Thank you Ray!

Yep, i sent a message to him about LEBL airport, and weeks after that the airport was done! and is really fantastic, and a nice guy.

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

...I don´t have 150 airports by Ray, but I have a good number of them.

I share the above statements on Ray enormous contributions. Thanks Ray!

Edmundo Azevedo

Affirmative! I always seek out AFCADS created by Ray. I'm very appreciative of his work.

Kevin Young

Ray if you read this you have done a awesome job, I seek out your afcads and they have been crucial to my online flying..

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I never knew they existed... I've just downloaded most of the USA airports. Thanks Ray!

Is there a simple way to extract and install all of them?

If there isn't can I extract each to a folder then drag it to the Addon Scenery folder and activate them all?

Bleh nm... some files needed to go to addon scenery/scenery while others needed global/scenery

Took me about 10 minutes to put 50 folders in place hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes Ray rocks!!

Thanks for making the FSX world a better place to live.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I installed well over 150 of his files that cover a ton of the world's major airports. That is a heck of a lot of work!

That is a heck of a lot of departures and arrivals! Where do you find the time?

That is a heck of a lot of departures and arrivals! Where do you find the time?

Hopefully BETA testing the 777 Just%20Kidding.gif :Party:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Anyone tried the Sydney YSSY one on top of ORBX?

Would it be compatible?

I actually asked John Venema at Orbx about that the other day - no, the Orbx FTX regions and airports already contain custom AFCAD (they call them APX) files.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com