Sign in to follow this  
Echofox

CYZF Yellowknife 2010

Just installed Sidney Schwartz/Peter Ham's excellent CYZF 2010 , but losing the surrounding scenery after take-off, same happens at Hay River. All other installed scenery works fine. I have checked for duplication etc., none found. Just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem, any advice would be welcome.

Regards ,

Echofox

Windows7 64bit, Intel i7-3770K. CPU@3.50GHz 4GHz, 8Gb Memory, NVIDEA GTX680 FS9.1. UT Canada/Alaska, FS Genesis. FScene4FS9 FSUIPC (Reg). EZ?instant Scenery, RW12

I had similar issues with this scenery (turning blurry like in your 3rd screen) - its due to a few bad textures, but I wasn't able to track down all and re-edit them to get rid of the problem. Scenery also uses a lot of library objects and if you have most of those (like me) it can be very tedious to check everything. As I don't visit here often I simply removed the scenery.

Hopefully someone has solved the problem, its a nice scenery.

Some of the early objects Sid made had a couple of 'bad' textures.

He redid them and if you download these three files and install the replacement textures in your scenery texture folder it should fix the issue.

Pete.

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Scenery Design Texture Update 1 for FS9 Scenery Objects ZipDive.png Download.png

File Description:

Re-upload. This zip contains updated textures for the following object libraries: ez-large hangers ss, ez-terminals ss, ez-vintage hangers, ga hangers ss v3. The purpose of these updated textures is to help prevent the dreaded scenery "blurries" when using my scenery objects in FS9. If you are not experiencing this problem, there's no point in downloading and installing them. These textures will overwrite your existing textures. They will not change the appearance of any of the scenery objects. Please see the readme file for more information.

Filename: ss_textures_update_1.zip License: Freeware Added: 21st June 2010 Downloads: 547 Author: Sidney Schwartz Size: 10872kb

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Scenery Design Texture Update 2 for Sidney Schwartz FS9 Scenery Objects ZipDive.png Download.png

File Description:

This zip contains updated textures for the following object libraries: docks ss, docks_large_ss, gas pumps ss, small airstrip objects ss. The purpose of these updated textures is to help prevent the dreaded scenery "blurries" when using my scenery objects in FS9. If you are not experiencing this problem, there's no point in downloading and installing them. These textures will overwrite your existing textures. They will not change the appearance of any of the scenery objects. Please see the readme file for more information.

Filename: ss_textures_update_2.zip License: Freeware Added: 2nd March 2008 Downloads: 1475 Author: Sidney Schwartz Size: 3581kb

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Scenery Design Texture Update 3 for Sidney Schwartz FS9 Scenery Objects ZipDive.png Download.png

File Description:

This zip contains updated textures for the following object libraries: cooling tower ss, ez planters, ez-curbs, ez-fuel tanks, ez-sailplanes, lights ss v2, ez-skylaunch2. The purpose of these updated textures is to help prevent the dreaded scenery "blurries" when using my scenery objects in FS9. If you are not experiencing this problem, there's no point in downloading and installing them. These textures will overwrite your existing textures. They will not change the appearance of any of the scenery objects. Please see the readme file for more information.

Filename: ss_textures_update_3.zip License: Freeware Added: 2nd March 2008 Downloads: 1585 Author: Sidney Schwartz Size: 1066kb

Thank you both for your help. I did consider abandoning Yellowknife, but it is such good scenery. Today locally Summer has arrived and will probably disappear tomorrow, and She who has to be obeyed has found me domestic jobs while the Sun shines !!!! , so a slight delay in upgrading as you suggest Pete, I will post the result. Back to the grind !

Cheers

Grant (Echofox)

Glad to report CYZF 2010 is now working perfectly as is the Hay River 2010. Scoured through all my SS scenery, made sure everything where it should be, installed the updates and all is well in the NWT again.

Many thanks Pete for your help, hope Montchil can also have success. And thank you to Sidney Schartz and Pete Ham. Winters back, it's raining !!!!!!

Best Wishes

Grant (Echofox)

Hi Grant, I'm pleased you got the issues sorted out.

I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of the scenery's that Sid and I made for the northern Canadian and Alaskan regions.

Pete.

I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of the scenery's that Sid and I made for the northern Canadian and Alaskan regions.

I've gotten a ton of enjoyment in the past - these, amongst some other great Canada freeware scenery, are sorely missed in my FSX.  I'd be immeasurably grateful if someone started converting them to FSX!  :lol: 

Regardless, just a thank-you to anyone who invested the time to create and share these great pieces of work with the community, yourself included Pete!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for those links! I have the same issue, hope this will fix it!

Sascha

sorry im new here i have those files now but where do i put the textures can you tell me which file please thank you :)

hope to get this working and fly buffalo virtual airways :D

Ive downloaded the first two updates, but wont let me download the third.

Andybody else have problems with it?

sorry im new here i have those files now but where do i put the textures can you tell me which file please thank you :)

hope to get this working and fly buffalo virtual airways :D

When you installed the scenery you were instructed to download and install some object libraries. Put the updated texture files in the same folder or folders you installed those libraries. Tell Windows to overwrite the older files.

Ive downloaded the first two updates, but wont let me download the third.

Andybody else have problems with it?

Worked for me.

I've gotten a ton of enjoyment in the past - these, amongst some other great Canada freeware scenery, are sorely missed in my FSX.  I'd be immeasurably grateful if someone started converting them to FSX!  :lol:

I don't have FSX, but I've been told by lots of people who do that our scenery usually works fine in FSX. Can't hurt to try it.

It's always gratifying to hear from people who enjoy my work and Pete's. I've gotten so much great stuff for free from the flightsim community and am happy to be able to give something back.  I make scenery anyway because I enjoy it...it would seem silly not to share it.  :drinks: