Sign in to follow this  
Stanfitz

Daily aerocache - NOT

I get the new aerocache change over at 10 pm local time and check it about 11:30 before I go to bed only to often find that I already have it. Messes up my karma big time.

In spite of all the initial gripes about "chasing gold coins", the Aerocache Hunts have turned out to be very popular.

Best regards.

Luis

I don't see a problem with repeats. It gives people who missed it the first, second, or third time a chance to find it.

I don't see a problem with repeats. It gives people who missed it the first, second, or third time a chance to find it.

Until you've done them all. :Phbbbt:

Still wouldn't mind, after all I'm not the only person in Flight. There are new users coming in all the time so it's still new to them. Finding the daily aerocache is roughly 5-15 minutes of flying time. That's really not that big of a deal to lose if you've already found it.

Until you've done them all. :Phbbbt:

How many do you have? I have 141 logged and understand from another site that there are in fact 152 in Hawaii. I have no idea where they might be, however. I've flown all over the islands and I seem to be stuck at 141. The only one I don't have from the original list is the Curvature of the Earth and I absolutely refuse to use some hacked method to achieve it. I'll just wait until something MSG provides that will let me.

Hopefully the ones above my 141 will show up eventually in the AOD.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I'm up to 146, and keep checking daily in case they repeat one I missed the first time around. I don't count the Curvature of the Earth one either.

Oh, I'm still missing some of the dailys... I haven't gone through the list of them all that's been posted, hoping I'll stumble across them on my own (I'm guessing they will all just stay active now?). I'm not a completionist, so I'll find them when I find them.

But my "guided" aerocache hunts where I'm going after a specific one are usually a journey from one of my "home" fields such as Upolu, Kapalua, Kaneohe, the Honolulu Seaplane Base (if I feel like flying the Icon) or Princeville to it and back, not just a "materialize the plane near it then hit M right after I get it," so they do tend to take more than 10-15 minutes.

I have a few more than RoboRay, (I'm at 145) Nope, I don't have the curveature of the earth one, and doubt I ever will get it. If there are 152 around Hawaii, I guess I still have a few more to find.

Like RoboRay, when I hunt for the aerocache of the day I do it in free flight out of my "home base" on Molokai, and return to base after I've gotten it. I find this much more satisfying than just taking off from the nearest possible airfield. How boring.

I'm grateful for the repeats, since I don't check in every day - and also because I missed about a month while my computer was on the operating table.

Only so many places to hind those things on a small chain of islands. Maybe they are focusing on Alaska?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I have 147 and have not missed any since day 1. I obviously don't have curvature of the earth and the others that made up the 152 were bugged. (4 aeros)

It looks like 147 is the max you can get in Hawaii.

Fred.

I have 147 and have not missed any since day 1. I obviously don't have curvature of the earth and the others that made up the 152 were bugged. (4 aeros)

It looks like 147 is the max you can get in Hawaii.

Fred.

Oh ducky... now I gotta figure out where my one missing aerocache is. :Doh:

:LMAO:

This might be of interest !

The 147 aeros comprise of 93 Daily aeros and 54 In Game aeros.

This is the list of all the 93 daily aeros since February 29th.

Fred.

****************************************************************************************************************

Feb29 - MOUNT KAALA (At the summit of the largest peak on Oahu)

*******************************************************************************************************************

Mar01 - NAWILIWILI HARBOR (Large harbor near Lihue)

Mar02 - NUAAILUA BAY (Sandy beach and inlet where a ravine opens north of Haleakala Crater)

Mar03 - HONOKOHAU MARINA (Marina south of Kona Airport)

Mar04 - HTS OAHU (Hawaii Tracking Station along the ridge on the northeast corner of Oahu)

Mar05 - OLOMANA PEAK (Floating above Olomana Peak on Oahu)

Mar06 - PALI HIGHWAY 61 (Somewhere along this roadway from Honolulu to Kailua)

Mar07 - KONA COAST SHIPPING (Shipping harbor On the Kona coast)

Mar08 - SUGAR MILL (Located just out from runway 20 at Kahului Airport on Maui)

Mar09 - WAILAU VALLEY (Nestled in a section of the Wailau Valley on Molokai)

Mar10 - WAIMEA BEACH BRIDGE (Under a low bridge near Waimea Beach Park on Oahu)

Mar11 - POHAKULOA TRAINING AREA (Located at the Bradshaw AAF front gate near the antenna)

Mar12 - WAIMOKU FALLS (Located at the head of the Pipiwai Trail on Maui)

Mar13 - BIG BEACH (A long length of sand on the southern shore of Maui)

Mar14 - HANAUMA BAY (Nestled above the waters of this bay near the Koko Head crater)

Mar15 - KOLEKOLE BRIDGE (big Island)

Mar16 - MCAF

Mar17 - HEEIA PIER

Mar18 - KAANAPALI BEACH

Mar19 - BIG ISLAND COFFEE

Mar20 - KAHUKU ARMY AIRFIELD (Located 1,000 feet above where this World War II airfield used to be)

Mar21 - KAMOHIO BAY (South end of Kahoolawe....south of Maui)

Mar22 - KAPAPA ISLAND

Mar23 - LAUPAHOEHOE POINT

Mar24 - KILAUEA LIGHTHOUSE

Mar25 - KOKO HEAD (East of HONOLULU)

Mar26 - MAALEAA HARBOR

Mar27 - LOKOAKA POND (Hilo)

Mar28 - MAKAPUU BEACH (East Oahu)

Mar29 - MALUAKA BEACH (bugged aero) replaced with MAUI WIND ENERGY PROJECT

Mar30 - NO NEW AERO on this date !

Mar31 - MAUNA KEA-HONOLII RAVINE

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Apr01 - POLIHUA BEACH

Apr02 - PUU KUKUI

Apr03 - SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS SITE (Located in a large clearing at the following coordinates: LAT 21.671126 LON -158.034819)

Apr04 - MAUNA LOA CALDERA (This caldera is at high altitude)

Apr05 - TURTLE BAY (A small bay on the north shore of Oahu)

Apr06 - WAILEA BEACH (A beach next to a large resort south of Kihei on Maui) This aero was bugged and could not be got!!

Apr07 - BARKING SHACK (Next to a lone shack on this military base)

Apr08 - ONOMEA BAY (Along the coast just north of Hilo)

Apr09 - BIG AND LITTLE RADAR (One of several communications facilities on Kauai. This one is off of Highway 552 - Kokee Road)

Apr10 - WAIMEA DISHES (One of several communications facilities on Kauai. This one is off of Highway 550)

Apr11 - HALAWA BAY (A double arc-shaped bay on the east tip of Molokai)

Apr12 - ABANDONED WIND FARM (Wind turbines near South Point on the Big Island of Hawaii)

Apr13 - HONOKOHAU BAY (At the end of a large valley flowing north from the West Maui Mountains)

Apr14 - JURASSIC FALLS (Near where the helicopter landing zone was located in a famous dinosaur movie)

Apr15 - KALOHI - PAILOLO CHANNELS (5,000 feet at the intersection of Lanai VOR radial 210, Maui VOR radial 88, and Molokai radial 285)

Apr16 - UPOLU RIVER (At the end of a finger in the Upolu Valley)

Apr17 - KUALAPUU DIAMOND (Located at a baseball diamond near Kualapuu Reservoir on a heading of 65 degrees away from the reservoir)

Apr18 - YOKOHAMA BEACH (Beach on the eastern coast of Oahu)

Apr19 - IAO VALLEY

Apr20 - KAMUELA (Hidden on the airport in this town)

Apr21 - LISTENING CAREFULLY (One of several communications facilities on Kauai. This one has three dishes on the lookout for trouble under and over the waters to the west)

Apr22 - MAKAHA COMMUNICATIONS (One of several communications facilities on Kauai. This one has five large and four small geodesic spheres near Makaha Ridge)

Apr23 - PHMK (Behind a red roofed building amid tall trees)

Apr24 - WAIPIO (Somewhere in the Waipio Valley on the Big Island)

Apr25 - PAPOHAKU BEACH (A beach along the western shore of Molokai)

Apr26 - PORT ALLEN MARINA (At a marina near Port Allen Airport)

Apr27 - PUU LUA RESERVOIR (Small lake at the top of the plateau next to Waimea Canyon)

Apr28 - STELLAR VIEWS (The "other" observatory on the Big Island of Hawaii)

Apr29 - SANDY BEACH MOLOKAI (Small beach area on the southeast shore of Molokai)

Apr30 - SOUTH KAUAI VOR (Located at the radio antenna facility. Tune navigation radio to 115.4 to home in on the signal)

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

May01 - WAIMEA BRIDGE (Under the bridge in Waimea)

May02 - KA LAE (The southernmost point of both Hawaii and the U.S)

May03 - BARBER'S POINT LIGHTHOUSE (Over a lighthouse near John Rodgers Field)

May04 - MOKOLII (Small Island in Kaneohe Bay Shaped like a Hat)

May05 - RED AND WHITE TOWER (Iconic tower used to control air traffic, as well as to look out for submarines)

May06 - NORTH KOHALA TURBINES

May07 - KAAAWA VALLEY

May08 - KAENA POINT (10,000 feet above Kaena point, west Oahu)

May09 - KOOLAU RANGE (Somewhere along the Koolau Range east of Honolulu)

May10 - KAMUELA AND UPOLU VOR

May11 - LAHILAHI POINT (south coast Molokai)

May12 - MOLOKAI VORTAC (west of Molokai airport)

May13 - VLBA (Radio Sattelite Dish Near the observatory on the big island)

May14 - WHEELER WATERWAY (In a small waterway directly northeast from Runway 6 at Wheeler)

May15 - NIMITZ BEACH (Somewhere along the southern coast of Oahu)

May16 - PUU KAHUAULI (Fly a direct course from Honolulu's runway 4L to the closest mountain peak)

May17 - BLACK SAND BEACH

May18 - NO NEW AERO on this date !

May19 - MIGHTY MO (Ford Island)

May20 - SOUTHWARD FROM CIVILIZATION (directly south of Honolulu)

May21 - RABBIT ISLAND

May22 - Between Upolu Point and Kamuela VOR's

May23 - USS UTAH (Ford Island)

May24 - Village "yellow houses" (Near Dillingham)

May25 - JOHN RODGERS STORAGE (John Rodgers Field)

May26 - WAIAKEA POND (Located in a pond near Hilo International)

May27 - NO NEW AERO on this date !

May28 - LAKE WAIAU (Seventh highest lake in the U.S., located on the Big Island of Hawaii)

May29 - BETWEEN THE ISLANDS (This one is about 15 miles out, sitting at 50 feet between the Big Island and Maui)

May30 - SOUTH KAUAI VOR (Repeated AOTD)

May31 - ALA WAI HARBOR (A very large marina next to Waikiki)

**************************************************************************************************************************

Jun01 - HALEAKALA CRATER (Somewhere in the vastness of Haleakala Crater)

Jun02 - KAHULUI HARBOR (In the corner of the harbor's waterway)

Jun03 - MAKAI PIER (Prominent pier on the eastern side of Oahu near Rabbit Island)

Jun04 - MAUNA LEI GULCH (In the curves of this ravine north of Lanai Airport)

END OF NEW DAILY AEROS !