Sign in to follow this  
kerke

Levelling off during climb/descent due ATC

Guest djhaslett

Hi all,I'm finding it a pain in the behind when the aircraft levels off momentarily at intermediate levels as assigned by ATC during climb/descent. Would be nice if ATC could issue further climb/descent instructions a minute or so earlier to prevent levelling off. Does anyone know of a fix for this?Darren

Guest Edam

When I see that I am within 300 feet of the intermediate level, I slowly raise it 100 feet at a time, but not more than 300 feet over that. Sometimes that works, but not always.

Guest j-mo

I set my altitude for +/- 200 feet so that I go through the assigned intermediate altitude. If ATC is going to give me a new altitude, I usually hear about it before my a/c begins to level off. The tradeoff is that sometimes, paricularly during descent, there will be a delay before I am given a new altitude, so I will have to decide whether or not to correct my altitude in the meantime. If I have current ATIS info, I usually don't hear from ATC about being below assigned heading.Alex M.

I don't know why FS9 waits until you are 100 +/- feet from the assigned altitude to give you the next alt. They could have done that at about 800-1000 feet (or more) instead, to mimic real life ATC assigments. That aspect of the FS9 ATC along with the turn-left-now-turn-right-now-turn-left again approaches and the downwind approached way too far away from the field are really different from real life approaches. Not as real as it gets at all, but it could have easily been done right. In summary (and IMHO), FS9 ATC is better than FS2002, but still "thumbs down".