Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

What is DCS

But surely if the FC3 package is a simpler product, am I not losing out not opting for a better quality native module, as KingGhidorah has pointed out?

For $16 I don't know that you really "lose out", it all depends on what level you're going for. Some of the DCS planes are so complex that they verge on intimidating and even discouraging at times, so to say that I've heard the FCS planes are simplified by comparison doesn't mean they are simple.

Ah. well, that clears that then.

Eagle Dinamics June Newsletter. Bad news has DCS: World 2 delayed. Good nes, progres on NTTR, Spitfire mk IX, Mig-29 FC-3, L-39 Albatros and F/A-18C.

Cover720.jpg

DCS World 2 Status

Despite our best efforts over the past six months, DCS World 2 has not yet achieved the quality level and features that we require for an open alpha release. Rather than release an alpha version that is potentially a disappointment for many users, we feel it best to keep it in the oven a bit longer to bake it more thoroughly.  We fully realize that this is disappointing for some, but I can assure you that it pales in in comparison to our own. No one wishes to release our new baby out into the world more than us.

Some of the biggest remaining items that we need to address before an open alpha include:

New multiplayer GUI system that allows multiple players in the same aircraft and multiple player aircraft in the same flight. This is critical for multi-seat aircraft like the L-39, UH-1H, Hawk, etc.
Completing the move to use of a single executable. This will allow us to do long-desired features such as a satellite view in the Mission Editor, 3D objects in the Encyclopedia and Mission Editor, faster mission loading times, and a more stable product.
With the move to DX11, we are continuing to find ways to increase performance. This is even more important with the coming wave of VR gear that demands extremely high framerates.
We wish to improve several more of the effects before the open alpha. Although we have new smoke, contrails, lighting, shadow, and missile trail effects, there are more we wish to improve like better explosions and over-wing vapor.
Lastly, there are a few remaining crash bugs we need to resolve.
So, although we have been making tremendous progress in developing DCS World 2, there are a few more items that still need to be addressed in order to meet our quality standards. We can only ask for patience because we believe that it will all be worth the wait and DCS World 2 will usher in a new chapter in the world of Digital Combat Simulator.

DCS: Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) Status

NTTR2.jpg

While much of the team has been hard at work on getting DCS World 2 ready, our map team and engineers have been busy improving the NTTR map and fixing bugs. While we have made the significant step of moving the map into full testing, there are several important areas that need to be addressed before we can release it as an open alpha to everyone. Some of these items include:

Functional Air Traffic Control
Ground unit road movement
Performance improvements
Static object issues
TACAN and ILS
A couple of crash situations
When the map is available as an open Alpha, our plan is to still make this map available for free to those that purchased A-10C Warthog while it was in beta (prior to 21 February 2011). It will also be available for purchase from our e-shop for $39.99 USD.

DCS WWII

SpitIX.jpg

The Spitfire has begun internal testing within DCS World. The Spitfire has progressed past the P-47 due to the level of info in ED's hands for the Spitfire while research continues on the P-47. The model has been added to DCS World internally and testing of the Merlin 66's performance has started; next will be the prop performance. The Spitfire version will be an early production Mark IXc LF with clipped wings. As a possible bonus, it's planned (but subject to change) to have the option to select the long wing version; however, you will lose the benefit of the clipped version and its roll rate.

MiG-29 for Flaming Cliffs 3

MiG-29-12-06-2015-4.jpg

To round out the collection of updated aircraft for Flaming Cliffs 3, the team is working on updating the MiG-29. This will include both a new, high-resolution 6 DOF cockpit and a new external model. After the F-15C, Su-27 and Su-33 Professional Flight Models (PFM) are complete, we also plan a PFM for the MiG-29.
The MiG-29 will have the same level of cockpit systems fidelity as the other Flaming Cliffs aircraft.
This will be a free update for Flaming Cliffs 3 owners.

MiG-29-Cockpit.jpg

DCS: L-39 Albatros

L-39C_01.jpg

The L-39C Albatros is making good progress with new cockpit systems being integrated on almost a daily basis. The new L-39C external model is also nearing completion (the L-39ZA is further behind) as well as the Professional Flight Model (PFM).

L-39C_betails.jpg

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Work continues on the building the Hornet cockpit and air-to-surface radar technology. Most of the recent cockpit work has involved texturing and animation of cockpit elements.

F-18-cockpit.jpg

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

The week newsletters return on Stream format, that can be uploaded to youtube after end to the community review.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2419909#post2419909

Weekly DCS World Stream

Dear all,

After the success of the Twitch Stream yesterday, we are going to attempt to do a weekly Twitch stream (when the software is cooperating and I am not traveling). Currently, I am thinking that it will be on Sundays at 1800 UTC time. With the kinks worked out, the streams will be archived for later viewing and users are free to re-broadcast.

It’s my hope that the first weekly stream will be this Sunday, 28 June.

I will also be doing an open Q&A on the channel chat the half hour prior to the stream starting.

More details to follow…

Thanks,
Matt

Aditionaly to the week review, the ED team answerd questions, half hour previous the Stream. The community can pur your questions here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144519

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Hard to get excited anymore after so many delays.....

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

MudSpike publish a review to the user campaing "THE ENEMY WITHIN", a campaing flying by BEACHAV8R on DCS: W 2.0

EW-001.jpg

EW-002.jpg

EW-007.jpg

EW-025.jpg

EW-070.jpg

EW-080.jpg

EW-085.jpg

Next Wags Stream on DCS: W 2.0 Sunday June 28 / 18:00 UTC

The next stream will be a on Sunday, June 28th at 1800 UTC. Although there will probably be some new elements, this stream will for the most part duplicate the previous test stream now that we worked out some kinks. This time should also work better for most viewers.

This stream will also be archived for later viewing for those that cannot make it.

Thanks,
Matt

Wags upload Stream 28 june DCS: W 2 / NTTR:

Some detaill extracted to June 28.

1º Module manager and options boton has moved to the upper position of the main menu. The rigth menu has been reordened.

11696295_974602939228261_485305207507909

2º Wags have "installede" a Belsimtek F-5E and a F-15C.  (and Flamming Clifft 3). New modules?

11699039_974598825895339_878537957308491

3º New options view.

241022_974602862561602_30899761016524713

4º New radionavgation beacons added to the caucassus map.

11412054_974601689228386_346554171822720

5º Great quantity of new countries and first show on the editor theater selector pannel of the Straigh of Hormuz Theater.

10517275_974601645895057_666396470103596

6º NTTR nevada theater has been extendes to all directios with respecto to the 21 Stream map dimensions. I suppouse 100-200 km or more, but Wags tell the california size can be extended to reach the pacific. wags tell NTTR map can be 46 Gbs size.  :shock:

11105244_974595595895662_863142359596325

Comparative pic of the NTTR map on the 21 June Stream. The Death valley mountains (I suppouse) has gained on definition and detaill.

11411769_971104596244762_171957278284592

I review otherwise the Stream and on 11:14 minute, Wags tell after NTTR release, the theater map will gain more updates with mew textures, resolution mesh and airbases (Tonopa Airbase has planned), other will be the south part of the map with the National training centre (Fort Irwin) to use them with a Combined arms area to make training / mission and Campaign (vs Opposing Force / 11th Blackhorse Cavalry Regiment?). Other parts can will be update has the Saint George country, with Airport and better detail zone on east NTTR map.

Official video by Bunyap, that show the Wags Q&A previous to the June 28 Streaming.

MudSpike Q&A translation, with interesting detaills.
http://forums.mudspike.com/t/dcs-world-2-live-steam-part-deux-electric-boogaloo-june-28th/467

Q&A section was recorded by ED I think, but here's a brief summary of what I remember (all paraphrased, accuracy mistakes are all mine):

Note to self: send @wagmatt an iTunes voucher, as he and his music library have been stuck in a well for over 20 years now.

Updated using @bunyap2w1's video info - thanks!

Q1: Will the ATC system be revamped?
A: Yes, Wags worked with both an F-18 and F-15 pilot to create a more realistic ATC system that is being implemented now. Different landings (emergency, break etc), frequencies, start-up controllers and wingmen. Focus of the team right now.

Q2. Will NTTR trees have collisions? How will they be handled?
A. Yes, with a single rectangular trunk polygon being solid. Whole forests (rather than urban trees that are more individually placed I guess) are still being worked on and might be done after launch though. Performance is important for this part.

Q3. What is the weather engine and what's due to be improved?
A. More realistic weather! Nicer clouds, dynamic high/low pressure systems. Support for turbulence, especially around mountains for updrafts etc.

Q4. How many more countries are being added to the Mission Editor?
A. A pretty extensive list of new countries will be shown in the stream, e.g. Iran, UAE etc. Many are placeholders rather than having skins/units done so far.

Q5. Will we see special target units on the NTTR?
A. Not really units, but the satellite terrain does have range/circles to use. The map will be hopefully expanded after release to include some more detailed around NTTR and the surrounding range and airports.

Q6. Size on disk of NTTR map?
A. About 46GB (forty six) for Nevada (Editor: so with DCS 1.0 full at about 27GB, buy stock in SSD makers)

Q7. Possible to fly multiple players in one package, plus AI take the lead?
A. Yes! In multiplayer the player doesn't need to be lead. Can be any member of the four-ship with an AI lead. Great for datalink systems and more realistic sharing.

Q8. What is the model vis option for? Is the 'smart scaling' (called 'Model Visibility' in the config of DCS 2) a LOD system of seeing aircraft closer (as an option)?
A. Not really model scaling, it's more just an icon that scales. When an object goes to a single pixel, say, this icon helps other aircraft visibility (if that option is on, it's optional). Great for the WWII aircraft.

Q9. Will the existing free Black Sea/Caucasus map have collisions on trees?
A. Unlikely, no. That map may be redone and released in the future though (either free or payware). The map is being improved in terms of textures plus in the future improve the mesh, objects and range, e.g. the Crimea.

Q10. Any sound engine improvements in 2.0?
A. Yes, a new API is being worked on, including position info for 3rd party and mod makers so that it is easy to use. Cleaner separation of sound and game logic, which helps performance.

46gb is too much. gotta get new hdd

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903