Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

What is DCS

24 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

WWII aircraft get no love in 2018....... I thought I saw the P-47 on an older post.  

But as a recent purchaser just wanted to say DCS is top notch!  Kudos to ED and the devs!  

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I could have sworn I saw a P47 at some point - then nothing...

I hope that F4U didn't die on the drawing board as well...

I'm a radial kind of guy...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 12/29/2017 at 9:42 AM, Boomer said:

Hmmm, reading those tea leaves F18 EA looks like no sooner than Spring. 

Opinions?

spacer.png

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I could have sworn I saw a P47 at some point - then nothing...

I hope that F4U didn't die on the drawing board as well...

I'm a radial kind of guy...

Regards,
Scott

I hope they're both dead for now as its taking way too long to get the Hornet out.

spacer.png

Pfffft button pushers. Where's the drama?  Where's the skill? TFC stuff is funding the F-18. 

Hornet looks great though.  Definitely will pick it up. 

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

13 hours ago, WR269 said:

You guys seem to have missed the update from magnitude3...

http://leatherneck-sim.com/magnitude3-new-years-update/

Nope didn't see this post.  While the F4U shots are nice it doesn't really give an outlook or roadmap for more WWII aircraft like they did with ED post. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

***DCS World 2.5 Coming Jan 31***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Super, i have been holding off on reinstalling DCS until the release.  I very much look forward to using my Harrier over the Black Sea for the first time,

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

It's nice to see trees that really look 3D, rather than the stick figure 2D textured planes that are used in other flight sims. Maybe DCS is just better at disguising this, as it's hard to tell from the video, which is guess is a good thing.

***DCS 2.5 Release Plan***

from DCS forums.....

"Gentlemen, here is some explanations how your current 1.5 (and/or 2.2) will be converted to 2.5, please take a look the attached diagram. Transition will be made in 2 stages:

Stage 1: 2.5.0 Open Beta. The 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to the 2.5.0 Open Beta. The updater will check for 2.2.0 (Open Alpha) and add necessary modules from 2.2.0 to 2.5.0 to avoid unnecessary downloads. 

The 2.2.0 Open Alpha and 1.5.8 Release will remain at this stage so you can continue to play online with those still using 1.5.8 or 1.2.2.

Over the next one to two weeks, we will be carefully monitoring 2.5.0 Open Beta reports in order to move to Stage 2.

Stage 2: 2.5.0 Release. The 1.5.8 Release version will be updated to the 2.5.0 Release version. You will be prompted before updating to 2.5.0, and you will have an option to save a 1.5.8 Final version to a separate directory.

The 2.2.0 Open Alpha will no longer be supported. The 2.2.0 Open Alpha will be updated to the 2.5.0 Release version. 

Modules from 2.2.0 Open Alpha (or 2.5.0 Open Beta - see Stage 1) will be used during the 2.5.0 Release installation, after which, version 2.2.0 will be uninstalled after prompting you. 

The 2.2.0 Open Alpha will no longer be supported. If you only have the 2.2.0 Open Alpha, the updater will suggest that you download the 2.5.0 installer - it will then install the 2.5.0 Release version and remove the 2.2.0 Open Alpha. 

Home Folders (Saved Games\DCS) will remain in the same location (Saved Games\DCS and Saved Games\DCS.openbeta). New Saved Games\DCS.release_1_5 will be created for the 1.5.8 Final version and all its content will be copied into it from Saved Games\DCS. We also strongly suggest that you remove the Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua file and set up your graphics settings from scratch, given the significant differences between 1.5.8 and 2.5.0.

Activations. All activation keys are saved in the Windows Registry and NO additional activation will be required.

1.5.8 Final version installer will be available on DCS site.

Transition planned in January 2018."

Patrick

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

***NEW COMMERCIAL*** 

Patrick

DCS World Week Update 06 May 2018 English version

Edited by Silver_Dragon

DCS World Week Update 13 May 2018 English version

• Like 1