Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

What is DCS

As far as I know if you download DCS from Steam and purchase modules from the website then they won't be connected to your Steam version as its a different system. I also purchased the A-10C a few years ago from the DCS website, only to find recently that I cannot use it with the Steam version because of different licensing agreements. I purchased the Leatherneck Mig 21-Bis the other day, and oh my, she is one complex aircraft I HIGHLY recommend! 

I hope in the future they change the merging capabilities for the Steam version so that those of us that purchased from DCS directly can merge the aircraft into Steam without having to re-purcahse. 

Yep, I just got off the DCS website and it is just what you said.  I guess the A10 is a stand alone.  Will go ahead and download the DCS world and then decide what to purchase.  Leaning toward F15, Sabre, and Flaming Cliffs.  It they are anything like the learning curve of the A10 I may be occupied for months before I can really enjoy DCS.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

FC3 aircraft and their standalone versions, are simplified simulators w/o clickable cockpits.

Which is a total shame! I hope there is some sort of update in the future for a realistic complex simulation of the aircraft included in FC3! 

Which is a total shame! I hope there is some sort of update in the future for a realistic complex simulation of the aircraft included in FC3! 

Agree, that would be natural evolution given how much and how long all of these models (except MiG-29) were maintained and upgraded - more than 10 years. Next step, after Su-27 get new flight model, would be systems and clickable cockpit. 

FC3 aircraft and their standalone versions, are simplified simulators w/o clickable cockpits.

Thanks for that info.  I just finished downloading and installing DCS World.  Only one problem everything is in Russian (?)  Since I don't speak Russian I may be in for a problem. I noticed when I was installing everything was in foreign language to me.  Maybe there was something I missed where it mentioned english version. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for that info.  I just finished downloading and installing DCS World.  Only one problem everything is in Russian (?)  Since I don't speak Russian I may be in for a problem. I noticed when I was installing everything was in foreign language to me.  Maybe there was something I missed where it mentioned english version. 

I'm really not sure how you end up with Russian installation.  :huh:  You can try to switch language to English or to download English installation.

DCS world, gui and documentation are all in English with few optional localizations.

I'm really not sure how you end up with Russian installation.  :huh:  You can try to switch language to English or to download English installation.

DCS world, gui and documentation are all in English with few optional localizations.

I started the installation process again and I think somehow the Russian language came up instead of english and I didn't pay enough attention.  Will start over.

Carl

Leaning toward F15, Sabre, and Flaming Cliffs.

Flaming Cliffs has the F-15 in it...as said no clickable cockpit...but the flight dynamics are excellent, personally I enjoy it...so don't buy both FC3 & F15 ^_^

Fully Clickable cockpits: F-86, P-51, Mi-8, UH-1, FW-190, MIG-21, KA-50, A10-C...the helicopters are fantastic :lol:

When I started using IL2 BOS I felt really disappointed because it had non-clickable cockpits.

Well, actually that's the way I interacted with DCS most of the time, including the Cheat startup & shutdown 

Only interaction happened in the p51d for engine startup and on fw190 to turn off the nav lights ( pushing the circuit breaker ). The rest was assigned to controller buttons, rotaries, etc... or used through key combinations (like the radiators on the p51d and the cowl on the fw190), so... actually, no big deal for me if a cockpit isn't clickable :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks all, will go with Flaming Cliffs, F86 and P51. 

Carl

October DCS: World Newsletter

10704124_844825608872662_266715217216561

DCS World 1.2.11 and DCS World 2

The team has been working very hard with long hours on DCS World 2, including performance improvements, visual effects, updated GUI, and a lot of debugging. However, it may not be ready in time to launch several new projects in November and December: Su-27 for DCS World, DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, DCS: L39 Albatros, DCS: MiG-15bis and Hawk for DCS World. Yes, lots of new modules coming soon! As such, we will release 1.2.11 to support these releases. In addition to supporting the release of these new modules, 1.2.11 will also include several bug fixes.

10734257_844825642205992_756971611712907

DCS: Europe 1944

Most of the work on this front is currently focused on the Fw 190 D-9 and the Bf 109 K-4. In the next DCS World release (1.2.11), the Fw 190 D-9 will receive a campaign and additional fixes. At that point, the Dora will officially be out of beta. As for the Bf 109 K-4, a lot of work has gone into fleshing out the cockpit system, tuning the flight dynamics and creating skins for it. We are still shooting to make the beta available to pre-purchasers in November 2014. After the Bf 109 K-4 goes into open beta, more of our World War II staff will be moved on to the Spitfire.

10730850_844825675539322_321559018192882

DCS: MiG-15bis

The MiG-15bis has been moving at a very fast pace and the flight model and cockpit systems are already in an advanced state. DCS: MiG-15bis is on track to be released in mid-December 2014. If you have not already done so, you may wish to take a look at DCS: F-86F Sabre in preparation!

10409024_844825708872652_757266318744947

Su-27 for DCS World

This update to the aircraft that started it all for Eagle Dynamics is also nearing completion. Although initially planned to just include a 6 DOF cockpit and Professional Flight Model (PFM), the team has also now added a greatly updated and much more realistic Heads Down Display (HDD) that includes both the HUD repeater and Tactical Display (navigation and datalink). The Flanker is on final for a November 15th landing.

10603495_844825748872648_123835067727770

DCS: L-39 Albatros and DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Work continues on the L-39 and we are shooting to make the pre-purchase available in November and the beta available in late December. Work also continues on the Hornet, but there is no new news to pass along at this time.

68145_844825758872647_377411631433887423

New DCS Maps

Both the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) and Strait of Hormuz maps are making great progress. In fact, the NTTR map has been successfully integrated into DCS World 2 and is now undergoing extensive work to iron out issues. We hope to release the NTTR map in late December. This will be a free map to those that purchased the DCS: A-10C Warthog while it was in beta.
The images of this newsletter come from a very early, first pass of the NTTR map in DCS World 2. Please note that these are very much work in progress.

10629555_844825772205979_815977902043351

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Changelog de la versión 1.2.11 para la Open Beta, actualmente disponible para update / descarga, la semana que viene tendremos esta versión para la estandar. Fw-190D-9 ya no está en beta y se le añade campaña y manuales, ademas la entrada de Su-27 de FC-3 (incluyendo mejoras en el Su-33 y Mig-29) y arreblo de bugs en varios modulos.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2222580&postcount=1
With DCS 1.2.11 we launch Su-27 for DCS World and bring some major fixes for existent projects.

DCS Fw 190 D-9 no longer in beta stage.
Only in open-beta for a while.

DCS World
Added Su-27 as separate module
Incockpit rotaries have limits now (with mouse wheel usage)
Crash on exit after using receive mode for radio communications is fixed
Crash if the ship deactivates itself is fixed
Crash when performing task: landing, after late activation is fixed
Crash if the object deactivates itself is fixed
Crash when group (target) is deactivated by a trigger is fixed
Crash with input initialization errors is fixed
Crash after reload mission by [LShift+R] is fixed
Crash on mission exit if message transmitting in progress is fixed
An animation freeze of aircraft wheels at big speed is fixed

DCS Fw 190 D-9
Manuals updated
Added Fw 190 campaign by SiThSpAwN

DCS Flaming Cliffs
New flight dynamics of Su-27
HUD indication of russian fighters are improved
Added HUD repeater mod on the HDD of MiG-29 and Su-27/33
F-15C, Su-27. Wheel brakes in controls indicator are added
Added electric power switch [RShift-L] to all FC aircraft 
Su-27 AI. Flaps deflection is corrected

DCS MiG-21bis
KPP Director Needle is now horizontal (previously anchored on left side)
Fixed bolts not moving with canopy/disappearing after jettison.
Fixed Pilot Oxygen + Emergency Oxygen usage levels.
Fixed various issues with the AC bus.
Fixed RSBN needle issues on/around the 0 position.
Partially fixed the KPP reset functionality.
Fixed warehouse not listing ASO-2 or SPS-141 if stores are limited.
Fixed various instances of shaking in hangars during windy weather.
Drastically altered afterburner fuel consumption.
Added inner and outer markers to altimetre
Fixed limited altimeter pressure scale width (scale now moves from 670 -> 790 mmHg)
Fixed limited altimeter pressure scale knob movement
Fixed Compressed Air usage.
Attempted to alleviate sim freezing on aircraft start/initialization
Overhauled Gear & Suspension to yield more stable taxiing, landing and takeoff behaviour.
Implemented Ground DC Power.
Fixed various instances of the Canopy not disappearing when jettisoned or after ejection.
Fixed instances of multiple canopies spawning during ejection.
Partially Fixed bouncing/rocking after crash-landing the aircraft.
Removed Red Padlock Recon sight by default.
Fixed various instances of grammatical and spelling errors in most training missions. 
Fixed incorrect instructions and mission behaviour in A-G Bombardment training mission.
Fixed ADI Aircraft Symbol reversal when OFF.
Fixed incorrect barometric altimeter pressure indication.
Fixed throttle grip only moving in one direction when using the mouse.
Revised buggy axis assignments for TDC Range and Target Size

Today Su-27 will be available in the open-beta. At next week we'll share it to main DCS version for all.

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Thahks for info.One step closer to ......****THE EDGE**** :BigGrin: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

DCS: World 1.2.12 Open Beta incoming:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2246568#post2246568

With DCS 1.2.12 we launch DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst for DCS World and bring some major fixes for existent projects.
1.2.12 will be available as Open Beta for a while.

DCS Bf 109 K-4 module added

DCS World
Fixed bug with ground units jumps to the bridge
The helicopters will not be detected on the fighter radar in BVR mode if helicopter will flies slower threshold speed (140 km/h) at the terrain background, even if the fighter flies lower than helicopter (radar look-up).
General sound corrections
French DCS User Guide added
New 3D models of Su-24M and Su-24MR
Some weapon 3D models are corrected
Some ground unit 3D models are corrected
Added MLRS Uragan
Fixed issue with rotaries on different aircraft rotates without limits by mouse wheel
IFV Marder 20mm belts fix
Flares and signal flares trajectory fixed
9K57 Uragan has been added

DCS A-10C
Russian flight manual updated
A-10C. CDU. INS allign info overlaps with info from other pages
Corrected missions and campaign
Fixed issue with anti-skid system not engaged during autostart sequence
ILS power can be disabled by mouse click
Fixed issue with AM and FM radio presets incorrect when switching counterclockwise
VHF radio preset channel selector works correct via keyboard
Yaw trimmer knob jump when hold and drag by mouse is fixed

DCS Combined Arms
The ground units HUD info has been modified
Driver cockpit has been added to all controllable ground units
Driver cockpit has been added to ammo trucks, HMMVW 1025 and UAZ-469
New realistic sights have been added for ground vehicles:
Tanks
- M1A2 Abrams
- Leopard 2A5
- Leclerc
- T-80UD
IFV/APC
- BMP-2
- BMP-3
- BRDM-2
- BTR-80
- M2A2 Bradley
- MCV-80 Warrior
- MT-LB
SAM/AAA
- Gepard
- M168 Vulcan
- M48 Chaparral
- M973 Avenger
- Strela-10 (Gopher)

Stinger MANPAD and Igla MANPAD sights have been modified

IFF system has been added for IR SAM and AAA units:
- M168 Vulcan
- M48 Chaparral
- M973 Avenger
- Strela-10 (Gopher)
- Stinger MANPAD
- Igla MANPAD

Reticle have been removed from iron sights
Game window focus loss during turret control was fixed
Simulator crash on controllable unit submergence has been fixed
HE rounds ballistic and sights’ reticles have been coordinated
Units with disabled AI remain disabled on player enter/leave the unit
Antenna dish is folding down on all clients/server when the player leaves the unit.
Rotation to reload/rearm position for turrets has been added
Manual reload/rearming start/abort has been added for player controlled unit
Binocular view has 3 zoom levels now
Alternative (switch by 3rd mouse button) turret rotation mode has been tuned. Maximum turret rotation speed can be reached with any zoom level
Potentially fixed track consistence problem when sight’s zoom level has been changed during track replay
Fire secondary weapon command added (for some coax machineguns).

DCS Flaming Cliffs
Su-27. Flight dynamics corrected
Su-27. 3D model corrected
Su-27. Gear corrected
Su-27. Adjusted keyboard controls
Su-27. HUD indication field is corrected
Su-27. Updated campaign
Su-27. Wrong IAS indication is fixed
F-15C. Missing pylons are restored
F-15C. 3D model and collision model are corrected

DCS Fw 190 D-9
Gun synchronizator fixed
Russian flight manual updated

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 
Created default joystick profiles for: 
- Logitech G940 Joystick; 
- Logitech G940 Throttle;
- Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick (+ correct FFB);
- CH PRO PEDALS USB (removed all axes except Z for pedals);
- Saitek X52 Flight Control System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal (Real Mode);
- HOTAS Warthog.
Baro altimeter - pressure scale behavior improved
UV-26 Command for changing dispensing board now works
UV-26. The flares now still present when additional armour and weapons are removed 
Bad clipping of aiming reticle - Fixed
6DOF cockpit limits has been tuned
5.5V Lights rheostat is functional now

DCS: UH-1H
Created default joystick profiles for: 
- Logitech G940 Joystick;
- Logitech G940 Throttle;
- Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick (+ correct FFB);
- CH PRO PEDALS USB (removed all axes except Z for pedals);
- Saitek X52 Flight Control System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal (Real Mode)

DCS: MiG-21bis
Fixed double Gunsight Glass with low view distance options setting.
Added custom cockpit texture support (E.g. Select Gray, Finnish, Chinese or Green versions from drop-down menu!)
Fixed control surfaces reset on respawn
RSBN shows last selected channel, no longer resets upon loss of signal
Oxygen consumption fix for high altitude flight
Fixed gear lock sound (bug introduced in 1.2.11)
Improved radar contacts retrieval functionality
Improved exterior lighting
Fixed autolaunching KH-66 Grom missile bug.
Fixed the fire button not being pressed after removing it’s protective cover.
Additional suspension improvements.
Pyrotechnical Gun Charges recharge after rearm