Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

What is DCS

Nuevo update de Wags

7 May 2013 Update

I will be out of town this Friday. So this, combined with a post of the Russian forums, has led me to release this week's update a bit early.

This week we released an update to version 1.2.4 that included several changes that were planned for the initial 1.2.4 release but did not make it in time. With that out of the way, the team is working hard on version 1.2.5 that will further address remaining bugs in DCS World and its modules. As always, we'll be throwing in some new features as well. When we get close to finalizing 1.2.5, I'll post the preliminary change log to give you a heads up.

In addition to the never-ending quest for DCS perfection (yes, we have dreams too), we are working on releasing the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker for DCS World later this year. As I have mentioned in the past, DCS is not confined to one time period, one location or one level of detail. While DCS modules have focused on a very high level of detail, we also realize that there are many (often silent) users that wish for a shallower learning curve. In fact, the Lock On / Flaming Cliffs series has been our most successful. As such, the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker will be catered to them. Both of these aircraft will have the same detailed 3D models, cockpits and sounds of the Flaming Cliffs 3 versions, but we will be adding an Advanced Flight Model (AFM) for each.

We also want to release these aircraft in such a manner to allow users that are not interested in Flaming Cliffs 3, or do not have a Lock On installation, to still have these aircraft in their DCS World stable of aircraft, but at a greatly reduced price. 

This is not to say that we will not also continue to create very high level of detail simulations. At a later point, we will further develop these aircraft to include mouse clickable cockpit and the same level of detail as the DCS: A-10C Warthog, but that is a massive effort that will take time.

In the meantime, the F/A-18C Hornet is still planned but we want it to be at the same level as our A-10C. Because of this, development will take much longer compared to the Eagle and Flanker projects to be released this year.

Matt

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

it is interesting. maybe i will buy su-27, but non clickable cocpits doesn't get my attention much

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

new update:

1- There has been no decision regarding pricing yet.

2- There has been no decision regarding discounts to current FC3 customers.

3- Trying to place a release date around one of the high-fidelity aircraft modules would only be an educated guess that would more likely than not bite us in the butt later if the date was missed and features changed. The same applies to any sort of "road map" that would even more likely change. We're not going down that road again.

4- Regarding the change in the 03 May 2013 language, plans change or new information comes to light that will modify previously expressed plans and intentions. While we want to better provide you earlier news of upcoming products, the price is that at times our plans and intentions will change. For instance, I only learned of the feature intentions of the F-15C and Su-27 a very short time ago. The alternative is that we go back to only discussing new products once they are 100% final. Your actions will determine my decision.

5- The new F-15C and Su-27 have no significant impact on the development of the high-fidelity module aircraft. In fact, they benefit them by bringing in additional income to fund that development.

6- We understand and fully empathize with the desire of many members here for high-fidelity module aircraft ASAP. Rest assured that they are coming and we are certainly not delaying them in favor of lesser fidelity modules. However, it seems many here vastly underestimate the amount of time and money it takes to create one of these.

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

ED confirm develop of Vortex Ring System effect to helos:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=106018

They are hinting repeatedly that a new high fidelity offering is not coming this year.

With respect to the AFM for the "medium fidelity" FC3 F15C and Su27, a pig is still a pig, even if he can dance.

spacer.png

New DCS:W 1.2.4 update

DCS 1.2.4.12179.160 update is now available. 

Please use the auto updater and Module Manager as primary tool for updates and module installation. Due to publishing complexities, we'll push updates to the auto-updater first. The installers will be day or two later.

DCS World
Multiplayer: Fixed anti radar homing missiles exploding after launch if the mission was restarted by the server.
Multiplayer: Fixed AI pilots in the aircraft when client aircraft are activated by a trigger.
Multiplayer: Fixed "Show All Routes" button staying pressed when reconnected to server.
Multiplayer: Fixed differences between what the host and clients are seeing in regards to ground units.
Modules Manager: Fixed module removal option.
General: Fixed incorrectly oriented road outpost in old missions always heading north.
Sound: Fixed the Logitech USB Headset driver issue.

DCS: A-10C Warthog
Training updated for German, Spanish and Russian localizations.

DCS: UH-1H Huey
Improved stability in a hover and flight at speed by tuning the stabilizer bar model (inertia weight above the main rotor). Although easier to fly now, it is in fact more realistic.
A smoother entry into vortex ring state (VRS) is now included.
Corrected the installed angle of the slip ball tube.
Fixed first Russian mission in UN-Pilot campaign.

DCS: Combined Arms
Replaced the missing sounds of secondary machine-guns.
Fixed server not receiving information about switching off a unit's autopilot from a client.
Fixed T-80U firing AP shells in salvo after jumping to the tank on a public server.
Fixed cruise control for ground units.
Fixed ABS for ground units.
Fixed crash when assigning targets.
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3
Su-27: Fixed the opening of the canopy while in flight - canopy would stay open & attached.
Su-27: Cockpit ECM indication light is now fixed.
Su-27: Fixed flap button animation.
Su-27: Fixed the canopy glass crazing having a tiled look.

DCS: Black Shark 2
Improved the Black Shark 1 installation prerequisite check.

New Wags news update

17 May 2013 Update

This week we released a new update to DCS, version 1.2.4.12179.160. This added a number of changes and fixes that can be found here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1758651&postcount=4

The team is already at work on a third and final update to version 1.2.4 that will address some additional pressing issues (increase stability, anti-radiation missile accuracy, A-10C RWR, and others) before moving on to version 1.2.5. 

We are also working on improving mission and campaign selection screens within the GUI for single missions, training missions and campaigns. See attached.

On the new product front, a lot of effort is now being devoted to the advanced flight models for the F-15C and the Su-27. In parallel, BST is working to finalize the UH-1H and they are already working on their Mi-8.

As for our F/A-18C Hornet, the new external model can already be seen in DCS World and work on the cockpit has been ongoing for quite a awhile. Once the last of the FC3 avionics bugs have been squashed, much of our avionics programming staff will move on to the Hornet.

Matt

New GUI (Missions / Campaing / Training)

941399_578574735497752_164425215_n.jpg

968939_578574752164417_426517342_n.jpg

934083_578574755497750_684402334_n.jpg

DCS WORLD
Multiplayer. Icon and life bar of killed unit do not disappear for client (hide icon). Fixed.
Sometimes client doesn't get info about group placement. Fixed.
Fixed client crash on mission restart while still loading.
Added FW-190 as a static object.
MP. Clients crash after server unpause (mission related). Fixed.
Missing sounds in mission file is fixed.
Module manager. Removed installed add-on's from the available tab.
Command menu problem has been fixed: the same menus were not be able to be submenus.
AI do not follow advanced waypoint attack restrictions is fixed.

DCS A-10C
A-10C RWR works in the MP now.
AGM-65E can't be used in A-10C anymore.

DCS CA
Ground Commander control can move unmovable units

DCS FC3
A-10A. Cockpit pressure altitude implemented in cockpit.
A-10A. Engine oil pressure indicators are working.
A-10A. APU gauges were added.
A-10A. Ripple quantity and interval is fixed.
A-10A. Cockpit time of day in HUD is incorrect is fixed.
Su-27. Cockpit RWR nail lights are reversed. Fixed.
FW-190. Warm air trail is removed.
F-15C. The IR threats will not indicate on the TEWS.
A-10A. Right rudder pedal is jammed forward in the cockpit is fixed.
Autothrust was removed at all aircrafts except of Su-33.
Su-33. Autotrust now should be engaged separately after route/return/landing autopilot mode was engaged.
Su-27/33. Flaperons control buttons animated.
Su-27/33. Flaps now can be commanded to extended at any speed. However they will be not extended until airspeed is lower than a certain value
A-10A. Cockpit, left yaw SAS switch moves when RWR makes a sound. Fixed.
A-10A. engine temperature indicators are fixed.
Su-27. Fixed gun shells counter.
A-10A All Circuit Breakers always popped out are fixed.

DCS UH-1H
Corrected missions of UN campaign.

Earlier this week we released a further update to DCS version 1.2.4, that you can read about here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1764526&postcount=6

Before moving on to DCS version 1.2.5, we plan on one more update to 1.2.4 with a focus on resolving bugs that are having the biggest impact on gameplay. Chizh and I (with tester input) have scoured the bugs and problems sub-forums and created a list of the most common complaints / bug reports. Our goal is to wrap up 1.2.4 in such a way that we have a very solid foundation for 1.2.5. Once I have a change log, I hope to post it prior to version release.

A few weeks ago I mentioned new information regarding the Nevada map and the development of EDGE technology. Fear not, I have not forgotten! Much of this work is being done in our Minsk office and I am waiting to receive images and information from them to use in my update. Unfortunately, I have not had access to new terrain builds in over a year (I have not been holding out on you all!).

An internal topic this week was how we can improve our communications via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics We will now being doing much more regular posts, more images, weekly "best of" community screen shots, more general military aviation news, and break up the large update text blocks with smaller posts such that news is not missed of products releases and software updates. If you have other ideas on how you think we can improve our Facebook page, we would love to hear from you.

As many of you have learned, the next project from the very talented Belsimtech team (developers of DCS: UH-1H Huey) is the Mi-8MTV-2. The team is already making rapid progress and they gave me permission to provide a few new, work-in-progress images.

941714_10152896603305341_1161900910_n.jp
263261_10152896604400341_662170324_n.jpg
960026_10152896604880341_1581956322_n.jp
931339_10152896605345341_1668201826_n.jp
485502_10152896605615341_324695940_n.jpg
935086_10152896606490341_1041342465_n.jp

New update available (1.2.4.12913.167) via autoupdater, waiting for changelog.

• Upvote 1

Thank You

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

changelog

DCS ver. 1.2.4.12913.167 Update

DCS World
Adjusted the Module Manager such that, when logged in, the Module Manager will now display the user’s login-name.
Fixed radars in track mode not being visible on Radar Warning Receivers (RWR).
The search/acquisition mode for the S-300 tracking/engagement radar (Flap Lid) has been removed.
Fixed missing search radar indications for the SA-6, SA-11, and I-Hawk.
DCS: A-10C Warthog
Replaced corrupted voice over files (Russian voice-over in A-10C training).

DCS: Combined Arms
The full rearming after activating autopilot after a gunshot is fixed.
Fixed incorrect machine gun ammo displaying after switching on autopilot for a client.
Fixed binocular view when using a two-monitor configuration.

DCS: Black Shark 2
Spanish localization: Missing textures for Ka-50 in some missions has been fixed.

DCS: P-51D Mustang
Corrected in-cockpit sound glitches.
The mirror can now be closed after deploying with a mouse click.
ATC in radio menu is fixed for the P-51D.

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3
Corrected S-25 rockets remaining in payload after salvo launch.
Standby compass back lighting is now working.

DCS: UH-1H Huey
Increased UH-1H durability after a hard landing (lowered explosion threshold).
The spontaneous yaw "jerks" has been fixed.
Added the most recent version of Flight Manual.
Added functional ground crew to the FARP for a UH-1.

New Friday update

31 May 2013 - DCS News Update

This past week saw the release of yet another update to DCS version 1.2.4. The advent of the auto-updater has now allowed us to release much more frequent, smaller patches to main versions (i.e. 1.2.2... 1.2.3... 1.2.4). We hope that you appreciate this as much as we do and not have to wait long period between updates. You can read about the most recent DCS version 1.2.4 update here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...95&postcount=7

Over the past week, our team has primarily been focused on bug fixes with a focus on network play, artificial intelligence (AI), avionics, and air defense systems. Next week we will decide to push latest fixes to a new 1.2.4 update or wait for the move to 1.2.5.

In the meantime, our artist have been busy updating some of the outdated 3D models. For instance, I've attached images of the improved 3D models for several Russian-made air-to-air missiles that will be included with the DCS version 1.2.5 release.

Have a great weekend,
Matt

971255_584766824878543_1330616716_n.jpg
389236_584766818211877_1238511608_n.jpg
263299_584766811545211_1910237946_n.jpg
389175_584766851545207_1946420029_n.jpg
575573_584766881545204_2070377694_n.jpg
421290_584766878211871_1006299843_n.jpg
  • Upvote 1

6 June 2013 - DCS News Update

Because I will be out of town tomorrow, I decided to post this week's DCS News Update a day early.

As last week, most of our work is focused on cleaning up 1.2.4 with a focus on the most important game play issues, as we determine by reading the problems and bugs sub-forums. We hope that on 7 June that we will release yet another small update to 1.2.4.

Today though I can share an early work-in-progress image of a new unit for DCS World... the MQ-9 Reaper.

Best wishes,
Matt

944257_587535611268331_1414921331_n.jpg
941177_587535707934988_277862695_n.jpg
945834_587535614601664_479450672_n.jpg
969322_587535724601653_2011060116_n.jpg

DCS News Update - 14 June 2013

DCS Summer Sale - Next Week

Starting the 20th of June, we will offer massive 60% off sale of DCS products. The exception will be Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 having a 40% off sale. The sale will last until the 30th of June:

DCS: UH-1H Huey - $19.99
DCS: Combined Arms – $11.99
DCS: P-51D Mustang – $15.99
DCS: Black Shark 2 - $15.99
DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade – $11.99
DCS: A-10C Warthog – $15.99
DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.1.0.7 (English DVD box) – $15.99
DCS: Black Shark (DVD box) – $15.99
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 – $29.99
DCS: Black Shark – $7.99

DCS: Hawk Update Video

The VEAO partner team has released a new video showcasing the latest Alpha build of their DCS: Hawk module. This video features the internal canopy opening mechanism, engine start-up sequence day and night and night lighting tied into electrical systems.

ATC Improvements

One of the items we realize that needs improvement is the air traffic control environment. One near-term effort to address this is a number of improvements to the ATC and takeoff and landing procedures. We plane to release these in DCS version 1.2.5.

- Establish orbit zones with fixed positions several km from the end of the runway.
- We have increased the landing rates.
- Aircraft taking off will now have a higher priority than landing aircraft.
- Out of fuel and damaged landing aircraft will have the highest priority.

Further ATC improvements will continue.

Work On New Rendering Technology Continues

The new Image Generator (IG) technology is currently in development and will be introduced to DCS World when it is ready. Elements of the new IG include:
- More detailed terrain.
- Better graphical effects
- Dedicated server
- DirectX 11 support
- Skeleton animation for infantry

1016125_10152961869700341_673062554_n.jp