Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

Figured that one was coming, but it's good to have it confirmed. Cheers Bob.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yup, that thought occurred to me too.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Chock.... Get back to your video Plz.... No offense... was waiting for a ATC since i started fsx IFR.... rc4 put me off cause of the robot....

I was working with RC and MCE today. I had some issues with RC4 lagging. It worked good today and nice to have. They compliment each other nicely. It would be nice though to have a newcomer with some dedication to finally get one product that satisfies a need that most of us have had for a long time. I wish them luck. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Bob

Just heard back from the dev on AI. It does work with the FSX AI regardless if this is the default AI or addons such as MyTraffic etc. I would assume that UT2 will not work. He did not mention UT2 in his reply, but stated "FSX AI" which UT2 is not.

Bob

Are they going to provide a demo? Be nice at the price it's listed to try first.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

No mention of a demo that I know off, but it does say there will be videos of it in operation up soon.

Just heard back from the dev on AI. It does work with the FSX AI regardless if this is the default AI or addons such as MyTraffic etc. I would assume that UT2 will not work. He did not mention UT2 in his reply, but stated "FSX AI" which UT2 is not.

I don't see why UT2 wouldn't work, the only difference is how it's injected into the sim which the UT2 driver handles. After that it just uses the default ATC system.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Chock thanks for all your input and looking forward to see your video! :Hypnotized:

It doesn't like my AI traffic (Ultimate Traffic), you'll see that on my little video, which is uploading to youtube right now, and will be apparently about 45 minutes, since it is only short, but pretty high res. Incidentally, Pro Atc crashed whilst I was making it, right after I took off and got vectored to my route entry point, and it still occasionally closes windows on me randomly, so I think that it could do with a bit of patching stability wise.

I'll stick a link to the video on this thread shortly. The FPS is attrociously bad on the video by the way, thanks to fraps recording it at high res, but I had to do it all at high res so that you'd be able to read the ATC menus, so don't get put off by the frame rates, they are nothing to do with Pro ATC, it has no appreciable impact on FPS as far as I can see.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Thanks Chock, you are the best,

you took one for the community, greatly appreciate it.

Mathew

Al, you should use GameCam, it's much less system resource hungry and frames are much better. Take a look at my videos, except for the MCE videos I always use it. That's with complex aircraft like the NGX, 100% traffic, extremely dense scenery, Dense Autogen, except for the NGX ones, where I had to use Sparse because of lack of memory problems. This is all with only a 3GHZ E6850 4GBmem system running 32bit Vista!! It does have a couple of issues, it won't handle FS9 modeled aircraft only FSX native, and occasionally hits a sound glitch which if you use Moviemaker that section would have to be edited out. Sony Vegas have no problem reading though it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

To be honest I could have knocked off the 100 percent AI and antialiasing and some other stuff in FSX, but frankly, it was just a video to show the audio and the menus, so the fps hardly matters very much and I like my FSX settings, so long as you can hear the audio and see the menus, that's all that you really need to see.

I don't tend to use FRAPs much at all really. Don't have Sony Vegas, I use Premier and After Effects if I'm doing proper editing and effects, although this one I couldn't be bothered doing that with, so I just knocked it up quickly in moviemaker. It's good enough to show what it does to anyone who is curious, it's not like it is a promotional demo for the company or anything. 20 mins to go on the upload by the way, time for a cup of tea.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Here you go for a quickie video of it in action:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Thanks for the video, Al--very helpful. Pro ATC looks promising.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)