Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

Yup, if they can make it work with UT, it'd be cool, but even so it is still pretty good. I don't think it quite blows Radar Contact away yet because of that limitation, but it might end up doing so if they can jump that hurdle.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Love the video chock i will be ordering it right now . I am so tired of FSX ATC . I know this product will receive Service pack an so on when times goes by an it might improve more an more . So thanks for the video chock i wanted to listen to the sound of the ATC voice just wanted to confirm that is not some robotic voice . :)

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Yeah, I'm sure it'll get tarted up with patches, it is very early days, and although it has the odd stability issue, it certainly does what they claim even as it is now. An encouraging sign was this email I got from the developer, because he noticed I registered it twice (after having reinstalled it) and thought I might be having a problem, I'll post the email content here because it is an indication of some thoughtful customer service:

'Hello Alan, as I have seen, you have already unlocked a second time. Still need to be unlocked via e-mail?

Regards, Mourad Boutabba'

Nice huh? I was pretty impressed that a developer would take the trouble to email me simply because he thought I might be having problems with installing it. Don't get that from every developer, do you?

Al

Alan Bradbury

Wawo chock that is great . Its makes you feel more better knowing that you are not alone when you order this product. So i will order it now an let you guys know if i have any issue . An fallowing your foot step in what you did to get it running perfect. I will run as admin for the installation an also when starting up this paywares to not have any issue with it . Thanks chock an also coming from a person like you give the good an the bad for any thing it is great. Because your truthful no matter what an gives the best of what is best an the bad of what is bad. An since you have more positive on this new development for FSX well where is the harm in trying this out. I don't see no harm . So thank you very much this made my day an will make me enjoy the rest of my weekend lol .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Voice interaction with ATC is a must for many (most ?) of us who fly VFR without a copilot, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with on that front. For me it would have to at least match MCE to be of interest.

Also, do you know if it is/will be possible to modify the phraseology the way you can with FSX ATC using EditVoicePack (or similar) ? I fly Allied WW2 warbirds (which means having German ATC controllers would be pretty scary !) and have changed quite a bit of ATC phraseology to make it more authentic.

The default FSX ATC is known to vector you into this terrain, which is in fact what narked me off about it and made me buy Radar Contact, which keeps you clear of this terrain hazard, so let's see if Pro ATC is aware of this danger too. I'll let you know in about two hours when I've made the flight and hopefully not flown into a cloud with a granite centre.

So how was its vectoring?

Petraeus

Thanks a lot for your review, Al. I just got one question: Does it only have these German voices, or do they change depending on where you fly?

Regards

Flo

So how was its vectoring?

Well, when making that vid, it actually crashed (the program, not the plane) before I got to Spain, so I don't know yet. Will try that again later. The crash reported a compatibility issue, so I might try screwing around with compatibility mode to see if that helps.

Re sounds, the voices are somewhat limited at the moment, since it is new, but even at this point 'zey are nod juzd limited to zee fazerland' LOL, for example, I have heard Spanish AT communications, and you can also apparently add your own voices, so I suppose if 'for you, ze var iz nod over Tommy' and you wanted to add some wartime controller saying 'Dog Baker Easy, rendezvous over Splasher Six' or 'Green Section, patrol Hornchurch at angels one, eight, Buster, Buster', in a 'jolly decent' ridiculous posh British accent where they say things like 'harriken' when they mean Hurricane, then I suppose you probably could.

I actually quite like the German accents though, so it's not big for me anyway. After all, I've been putting up with blokes from the UK being Chinese controllers on Radar Contact and blokes from the US being English controllers with the default FS ATC for ages, so it kind of makes a nice change.

Al

Alan Bradbury

The developer, Mourad Boutabba, is a very helpfull and sympathic guy.

In the past I used FsCom for Fs9 and if I had a question he always answered within acouple of hours.

The basic design of the program is the same , but with more features and now for Fs9.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Here you go for a quickie video of it in action:

Al

Nice Vid Al. Looks like this program has alot of potential after they add a few things and fine tune it a bit. A shame they released it a little backwards with no previews, demo or a forum first but i guess everyone has to start somwhere.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Al, thanks for the video post. Looks very good so far.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Now still after 3 pages we still dont know how the T and the C in ATC performs.. interact with AI ? vectoring ?

Guest firehawk44

Thanks Al (Chock) for the info. I have been trying several times to fly a simple route from LAX to SFO. So far, NOT! As has been stated several times here, the flight plan is made by just entering the departure and arrival airports. Pro-ATC does everything else. You can even go in there and edit it if you want (before you activate in FSX). It took me several attempts to keep the window open to enter the departure and arrival airports. I'd enter KLAX and the window would close. Open it again and enter KLAX and then the gate position and the window would close. Have to start all over again. Finally I decided to enter just the departure and destinations and opened the window and got KLAX in then moved down to the arrival and got KSFO entered but the window closed again before I could save it. I did what Al said he had to do to fix this and that was to start up Pro-ATC with Admin rights and I got the plan finished the first time and thought I had this problem fixed. But tried it again on another flight plan and the window would not stay open long enough for me to enter the departure and arrival airports AND go to the bottom of the page and save it. Finally, after several tries, I was able to save a flight plan with just the departure and arrival airports before it closed. Once saved though, I was able to open it up and see what waypoints the program had entered. That all looked great. The problem occurs when you first start up FSX, select your aircraft, weather, and enter the departure airport and gate position. You then hit Fly Now and go to the airport. Next you have to go to Windowed mode and open up Pro-ATC and select the flight plan. This is when Pro-ATC looks at the weather and selects a SID for departure. Clearance will tell you what runway and SID you will fly so I was able to go into the PMDG 737 FMC and enter the appropriate runway and SID. That was great. However if you don't like that SID too bad. Once the Pro-ATC flightplan is loaded, no changes can be made. Once the flightplan had me going up to VOR LIN which is around 100 miles NORTH of San Francisco but most have sent me to CZQ (I shut down FSX when I found out I was going to VOR LIN as I couldn't change that). Last night I had a flight plan that took me thru AVE (okay) then over to VOR CZQ then to VOR MOD (not okay). Plus, in the flight plan, there were two AVE's. Didn't think much of that until I got to MOD and ATC is telling me to turn around to a heading back toward KLAX so think it was trying to take me back to AVE again so I had to shut down FSX again. So, to make things short, I don't see anyway to change the SID/STAR once your flightplan has been activated. I could fly hundreds of miles out of my way to get to my destination but that takes away the realism.

Regarding AI - The help section says it can see what FSX sees so I suspect it sees AI too. However, when I takeoff from the runway ATC selects, aircraft are taking off on parallel runways and when I got the clearance last night to take off from runway 6L at LAX, aircraft on runways 6R, 7R, and 7L were taking off too and they all crossed my path in front of me. Clearance did not give me any warning to watch out for aircraft taking off on parallel runways. ATC does provide aircraft warnings of other aircraft but no option to tell ATC you see them or not (perhaps that's done automatically by the co-pilot).

I set up background ATC for the USA using Ralph Zimmerman's ATC program. That was easy to set up but you have to remember you have to right click on the US map and it turns green then right click it again to tell Pro-ATC this region is the area where this ATC should be played. Did the same for Canada and Hawaii and Alaska. However, no background ATC could be heard but the default ATC came on during the flight and I could hear all that rambling throughout the flight but no Pro-ATC background ATC. I'm thinking I have to name each ATC file a certain way, like for clearance, clr001.wav, clr002.wav, etc. There is no instructions about this but this is the format in the background ATC that was installed for the UK that came with the program. I will continue to work on this.

Thanks to Al for a great review so far. I still think there's a lot of work that has to be done to fix things and this program is NOT going to make everyone happy. There's one guy here that thinks this program runs great and has absolutely no problems whatsoever. That's impossible IMHO. AVSIM might be wise to set up one of those 'unofficial' Pro-ATC forums as Pro-ATC has not started one up yet.

Best regards,

Jim