Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

Thanks for that H/U,Al but I'm completely off anything to do with JF after their Viscount. I now will not touch anything of theirs. However, I'm saving up for the A2A Spitfire which from all accounts I've read, is the definitive one to get.

Sounds interesting. I'm still an FS9 guy but when I do finally give in to FSX, I might look at this. I have a rather love hate relationship with PFE currently, which matches comms up with the surrounding ai and has accents that match the airline and airspace. Occasionally though it does daft and annoying things and is not as user friendly because it lacks a menu to see which button does what. Looks like this might have the edge, if they get it nailed. I'll bookmark this one.

Sounds interesting. I'm still an FS9 guy but when I do finally give in to FSX, I might look at this. I have a rather love hate relationship with PFE currently, which matches comms up with the surrounding ai and has accents that match the airline and airspace. Occasionally though it does daft and annoying things and is not as user friendly because it lacks a menu to see which button does what. Looks like this might have the edge, if they get it nailed. I'll bookmark this one.

Not to hijack this thread but PFE has a program called pfe_display.exe that brings up a little GUI with the current button functions.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Not to hijack this thread but PFE has a program called pfe_display.exe that brings up a little GUI with the current button functions.

Yes I've tried to launch the PFE display utility but nothing happens. Weird. Anyway, sorry for going off topic....

Yes I've tried to launch the PFE display utility but nothing happens. Weird

Hello

You need the VB6 runtimes installed which are available on the Oncourse support site and from MS directly.

You will also need closed caption enabled in PFE.

PFE Display is great but really needs to be running on a separate display, I run it on a laptop via WideFs

As noted on the Avsim main page, this is a new FSX add on which offers you three functions to improve your IFR airliner flights: a replacement ATC system, a flight planner and a co-pilot. It is by German developer Pointsoft,

Hello Al,

I first bought FSCOM from Pointsoft back in July 2005, back then it was using voice communications via SAPI 4.

This looks to be the same program updated for FSX minus the SAPI components, I would still be using it for FS9 if I could get SAPI 4 to live peacefully alongside the newer SAPI versions.

At its time it was shaping up to be a great program but the author never progressed to adapting it as the MS voice technology progressed.

The adventure compiler produces scripted ATC missions, for want of a better description and so the flights tend to be a bit inflexible but for its time it had some great features.

Today to get the same functionality you would need to use both Flightdeck companion and Proflight Emulator together, a combination which I now prefer.

I am glad to see Mourad Boutabba is still plugging away with this, he is a very clever programmer

There's an update for the old FS9 version on their site by the way.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Geez $64 for us poor bas###ds in the U.S.

I hope he makes an adjustment. That could buy 22 box's of Cocoa Krispies.

Bob

Geez $64 for us poor bas###ds in the U.S.

I hope he makes an adjustment. That could buy 22 box's of Cocoa Krispies.

Bob

If they can get this thing to work, it will be great. Gladly pay the price of 22 boxes of Cocoa Krispies for an inproved ATC program. I like many others went for that bait and switch scam with RC4 with the promise of RC5. I do get a laugh now and then looking at their forum where that one guy checkes in once ina while and say oh yea...RC5 is comming...soon, in a while, someday, oh it's hard to do, but do enjoy RC4...LOL If you don't have RC4 buy it and we will update it to RC5 soon, maybe, someday ect. ect. LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

You know the developer who wrote "Ideal Flight"? This guy is incredible. He was in touch all the time with the community and he has a pretty good following now. He was releasing almost every couple of days. Even early on he was taking on requests. It is this kind of involvement that allowed me to buy right away and I have not regretted it. I am sure there are many like myself that if we saw the involvement from the developer and the eagerness, I would jump in, but I am not seeing the involvement right now from this company. You just don't know if they will be around in a month or so. Then what do you have? I am just a little hesitant, but very interested.

Bob

If they can get this thing to work, it will be great. Gladly pay the price of 22 boxes of Cocoa Krispies for an inproved ATC program. I like many others went for that bait and switch scam with RC4 with the promise of RC5. I do get a laugh now and then looking at their forum where that one guy checkes in once ina while and say oh yea...RC5 is comming...soon, in a while, someday, oh it's hard to do, but do enjoy RC4...LOL If you don't have RC4 buy it and we will update it to RC5 soon, maybe, someday ect. ect. LOL

Yes, I have heard many on the forums talk about RC5. It really puzzles me why they just don't speak up and really say what is going on. Either "We are working on it, honest", but it is taking more time than we thought. Here are some of the features we will be incorporating" or "Sorry for not keeping you all informed, but we have decided to not move forward with RC5 because we don't have the time". What is so hard about that. You would think they were working on a secret defense contract or something. Oh well.

Bob

Thanks for all these insights guys. Still, I'd like to know if this has some basic fundamentals, such as vectoring that isn't:

FedEx 784, turn left 280.

Left 280, FedEx 784.

FedEx 784, turn right 310.

Right 310, FedEx 784.

FedEx 784, turn left 280.

Left 280, FedEx 784.

You get the idea. For someone who has neither, and is interested mainly in the ATC aspect, would you recommend Pro ATC, or RC4? Are the checklists different for each aircraft? Has anyone found out if FAA rules apply in FAA space? Thanks.

The vectoring is more sophisticated than the default ATC. For example, it will say things such as, 'Bravo 232, steer 110, you are cleared to the BIMBO intersection up to 12,000, expect further clearance in less than ten minutes' rather than simply giving you headings and altitudes. A lot depends on the sophistication of your route and how you create it, but it is massively more convincing than the default ATC, that is for sure.

Yes, the checklists are different for aircraft, and you can in fact create your own too, which is pretty simple to do, being all menu-driven with drop down selections in windows. And it is a very comprehensive list of items which you can choose from, so it is unlikely that you would not be able to create one to your satisfaction so long as you had some reference for the real aircraft. As I've noted before, the co pilot system is one of its real strong points. The co pilot and checklist customisation in Pro ATC is actually very close to MCE's capabilities in many ways, albeit without voice control, although I believe that too is on the way.

Dunno about the FAA stuff, not flown with it in Uncle Sam land yet. Maybe someone who has done so can answer that one.

Al

Alan Bradbury

The vectoring is more sophisticated than the default ATC. For example, it will say things such as, 'Bravo 232, steer 110, you are cleared to the BIMBO intersection up to 12,000, expect further clearance in less than ten minutes' rather than simply giving you headings and altitudes. A lot depends on the sophistication of your route and how you create it, but it is massively more convincing than the default ATC, that is for sure.

Yes, the checklists are different for aircraft, and you can in fact create your own too, which is pretty simple to do, being all menu-driven with drop down selections in windows. And it is a very comprehensive list of itms which you can choose from, so it is unlikely that you would not be able to create one to your satisfaction so long as you had some reference for the real aircraft. As I've noted before, the co pilot sysystem is one of its real strong points.

Dunno about the FAA stuff, not flown with it in Uncle Sam land yet. Maybe someone who has done so can answer that one.

Al

Uncle Sam land. Wow, never heard it said quite like that before, but I guess it is in a way. Yes, I would be interested also as to how ATC behaves in the good ole US of A, or the Land of Opportunity or the land where there is a law suit filed every 10 seconds LOL!

Bob

My favourite is when I refer to it as 'the United States of Freedom' when speaking to my American buddies. That one always elicits an ironic groan from them following the more recent PC-obsessed legislations in the US that also plague Europe, which they often complain about, and which, as in Europe, I understand have made it anything but that in a lot of ways.

Al

Alan Bradbury