Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

Voice recognition will be an extra fee once implemented. Darn!!

Anyone created any new voice sets?

Bob

Negative Ghost Rider! That was asked over in their forum.

Negative Ghost Rider! That was asked over in their forum.

Negative Captain. Here is the post.

Voice recognition will be implemented. It may take a few weeks to be completed and it will be released as an upgrade and not as an update - therefore not for free. The price for it isn't yet fixed but it will for sure stay under 25 EUR.

Bob

Voice recognition will be implemented. It may take a few weeks to be completed and it will be released as an upgrade and not as an update - therefore not for free. The price for it isn't yet fixed but it will for sure stay under 25 EUR.

I'll pass.There isn't any thing this program will do that VOX won't do.

NAX669.png

If they make it too much to upgrade to the voice capability, I suspect it will effectively price itself out of the market. It's not as if it is inexpensive as it is, at forty quid, so they'll have to think very carefully about that. Ping the price tag much over fifty quid, and I should think many people will give it a swerve, because that'd be the same as it would cost to buy both MCE and FS Build, and doing that would actually give you more capability.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'll pass.There isn't any thing this program will do that VOX won't do.

Maybe there is.The copilot function ?

If they make it too much to upgrade to the voice capability, I suspect it will effectively price itself out of the market. It's not as if it is inexpensive as it is, at forty quid, so they'll have to think very carefully about that. Ping the price tag much over fifty quid, and I should think many people will give it a swerve, because that'd be the same as it would cost to buy both MCE and FS Build, and doing that would actually give you more capability.

Al

One thing I would note here is that if this product grows to be a high quality product in all areas of it's current feature list, i.e. flight planning, co-pilot, ATC, then many I believe will probably say "Ah what's another 20-25 quid to put the icing on the cake". I guess time will tell. But in order to ask additional coin for voice recognition, the product will need to be very solid and continue to expand on it's current feature list. They have an opportunity here. Many have been waiting a long time for RC5 and I think may just jump ship.

Bob

Bob

Yup, that may be true. Since I have it already, I probably would throw the extra cash at it to see what the voice stuff was like, since I'm already part way in on the deal. But for those who are not, coming at it from the standpoint of, 'oh it's forty quid, plus another...' what? 10? 15? 25? quid for the voice function; I think that is going to look like a pretty steep price of entry.

Although having said that, if it gets a bit more flexibility in the flight planning department and starts to play nice with payware AI, then I could see it conceivably becoming a 'must have' product. As you say, I guess we will see. The nice thing here though, is that it's another runner in the race, and that can only be good for us consumers, because as we know, there's nothing drives innovation so much as competition.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Maybe there is.The copilot function ?

For a number of my aircraft I use FS2crew. I'm hoping this program pans out because I'm always looking for something that increases the immersion factor.

NAX669.png

Yup, that may be true. Since I have it already, I probably would throw the extra cash at it to see what the voice stuff was like, since I'm already part way in on the deal. But for those who are not, coming at it from the standpoint of, 'oh it's forty quid, plus another...' what? 10? 15? 25? quid for the voice function; I think that is going to look like a pretty steep price of entry.

Although having said that, if it gets a bit more flexibility in the flight planning department and starts to play nice with payware AI, then I could see it conceivably becoming a 'must have' product. As you say, I guess we will see. The nice thing here though, is that it's another runner in the race, and that can only be good for us consumers, because as we know, there's nothing drives innovation so much as competition.

Al

I have not purchased yet but I am getting that anxious feeling again LOL. I am just another addicted flight sim addict and I don't think I need to explain, if you know what I mean. There is nothing more satisfying that getting a new product and getting involved with it. This is not just a little airport add-on or a new aircraft either. This is something much bigger than that. The dev is onto something here, but he is in short supply of staff I believe, and that in itself can take it's toll on anyone, regardless of who they are. I just hope that he has the dedication and perseverance to keep moving forward and stay focused. This is going to either make him or brake him. One minute I am ready to buy, and then the next minute I talk myself into waiting to see what happens. There is no doubt that there has been considerable work put into this to date, but now that it has been released, the job gets a little harder.

Bob

Negative Captain. Here is the post.

Bob

Sorry, I didn't clarify. I was referring to the second part of your post. I had already seen that; we had a miscommunication - that's all.

Has anyone found out if FAA rules apply? It would be neat to have things such as FL180 transitions, and the "Positive rate, gear up.", as opposed to the ICAO, "Positive climb, gear up."

If the developer is listening: Please rethink your costs. I would love something with the features you are adding but not for nearly $90. It's the reason I haven't purchased VOX either which is a fine program. I know this isn't the place to get into an economics thing so I won't but I am sure I'm not alone in this.

If the developer is listening: Please rethink your costs. I would love something with the features you are adding but not for nearly $90. It's the reason I haven't purchased VOX either which is a fine program. I know this isn't the place to get into an economics thing so I won't but I am sure I'm not alone in this.

The developer, so far, has had no interaction on this forum; he/they has/have their own. Go to the Pointsoft site, and hit the Forum button. You could also shoot them an email.

Like a lot of software, there are a number of programs that handle ATC that do certain things very well. No program that I've found does it all. I own, RC4,PFE and VOX ATC. If I could put them all in a blender and mix them up, I might have an ATC program that does it all. I don't even mind paying a premium price if it does it all well. Maybe ProATC will be that program. Only time will tell.

NAX669.png

I don't even mind paying a premium price if it does it all well. Maybe ProATC will be that program. Only time will tell

I agree!. I'm just glad that someone took a shot at doing another ATC program. Competition is good for us simer's so I'm voting for the developer to succeed with this add-on.

A few months ago I suggested to Bryan York, the dev of FS2Crew to try and create an ATC addon to complement his current FS2crew addons. He said he wouldn't bother, that there are good ATC programs out there like VoxATC. He said why try to invent the wheel again!. I just thought that with his excellent FS2Crew programs that an ATC addon from him would actually be a great pair.

peace!

Bought it, installed it and patched it.Even with the patch and run as admin sometimes windows would close on me. I managed to take off...then all of a sudden atc when silent.I asked for higher/lower altitude or atis frequencies but atc would not answer at all.Some 100 nm before landing pro atc froze,fsx got stuck and I had to kill them both with task manager. :Waiting: