Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

The only thing keeping

Bought it, installed it and patched it.Even with the patch and run as admin sometimes windows would close on me. I managed to take off...then all of a sudden atc when silent.I asked for higher/lower altitude or atis frequencies but atc would not answer at all.Some 100 nm before landing pro atc froze,fsx got stuck and I had to kill them both with task manager. :Waiting:

ouch, this product is clearly still in the testing stage and should not have been released without testing the water first. Is there a refund policy?

I hope like everyone else here it does takeoff (and land) so we can all get the ATC we deserve

ZORAN

Hi Chock and many thanks for your review. Very appreciated. But I'm still confused with AI traffic, does it work or not work with Ultimate Traffic 2? If not, why?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Zoran,

Not sure if I'm doing things wrong but I can't make the software work right. Let me add that I do like this atc program better than the other ones I have (rc,voxatc and pfe).What happened just now is as follows:

The program created the following f-plan. : LFBO 14-L DME MEDAP AMOLO UT24 FJR UY373 ABILI UN853 IRMAR KUMIN TOP LIME (fl300)

I took off and followed proatc's directions to the letter.At some point I expected atc to tell me to the descend butit did not.I decided to wait see what atc would tell me to do so I kept going. I flew past kumin top and lime and atc told me to continue on un853 and maintain heading and altitude.. I ended up well into austria (144 nm past lime) when atc repeated the same thing (continue on un853 and maintain heading and altitude).Proatc at this point crashed and I had to kill fsx.

Guest firehawk44

still confused with AI traffic, does it work or not work with Ultimate Traffic 2? If not, why?

I'll chime in regarding MyTrafficX. As I stated on the front page comments (the last page), I had a flight plan from LAX to SFO. ProATC gave me permission to line up on R/W 24L and I advised the flight attendants to prepare for takeoff. Then, I heard the default ATC jump in (which controls MyTrafficX AI) and it told an aircraft to line up on 24L. Took a spot view and the aircraft entered and ran over my aircraft and took off before me (I have pictures but don't think they are needed). So the default ATC does not remove the default ATC. I assume this happens with any addon AI program like UT2.

Best regards,

Jim

Many thanks Jim, but in the future would not be possible to solve this issue?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hi,

Can you turn off or choose what crew announcements will be heard?

Bob

Hi,

I was just curious as to whether or not with Pro-ATC running, is the default ATC also running in the background even though the ATC voice is disabled?

Bob

Yup, you can cherry pick what you want on or off.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yup, you can cherry pick what you want on or off.

Al

Thanks Al!

Bob

Guest firehawk44

is the default ATC also running in the background even though the ATC voice is disabled?

Yes. If you have background Pro-ATC activated for the area you are flying, it will be playing too. I do not know of any way to turn off the default. I do not recall how Radar Contact did it but believe they modified or renamed the USEnglishBig.gvp file and/or the USEnglishASOS.gvp file in the Sound folder.

Best regards,

Jim

Yes. If you have background Pro-ATC activated for the area you are flying, it will be playing too. I do not know of any way to turn off the default. I do not recall how Radar Contact did it but believe they modified or renamed the USEnglishBig.gvp file and/or the USEnglishASOS.gvp file in the Sound folder.

Best regards,

Jim

Well that's too bad because will all know how important each cpu cycle is. I hope there is someone else who knows how this can be accomplished. I guess if it is imbedded in code then not much else can be done. Maybe there is a dll or an entry in an xml file that can be changed? No sense in having the code running.

Bob

Guest firehawk44

Is Pro-ATC working okay? Over on the front page I have posted several comments but here are comments from my last flight a couple of days ago -

"When this product was first announced, I couldn't even keep folders inside the program open long enough to run it properly (that has now been fixed). I started out with a simple plan from KLAX to KSFO and didn't realize "recalulating" gives you several different routes. The first one it gave me I flew and, instead of taking me to KSFO, it took me to Mina, Nevada, over 200 miles from KSFO. Then, this morning I flew a beautiful flight plan to KSFO via BSR and ATC assigned the BSR2 STAR. Before that though, at LAX, ATC told me to line up on RW 24L which I did. But the FSX default ATC directed an aircraft behind me to line up too and he lined up through my aircraft and actually took off faster than I did. Then, enroute, UK background ATC began running in the background (and you can't stop that until you shut down the flight). At BSR, ATC would not allow me to descend around BSR/Carmel and my FMC kept telling me "Des Path Unachievable". ATC directed descent well past Carmel/BSR and over the Bay. Coming down from 240 it was impossible to achieve a proper descent. Suddenly ATC, at 14000 ft, tells me to descend to 3500 and I'm just crossing the mountains to line up to the 28L approach!! If ATC would have started the descent well before BSR/Carmel, my virtual passengers wouldn't still be screaming. I had to manually dive the aircraft down to FL3500 as ATC was very upset that I hadn't achieve the 3500 flight level (constantly kept telling me to get to FL3500, plus slow down to 200). Otherwise, ProATC worked brilliantly."

Well, that last comment may sound sarcastic but it's not meant to be. ProATC has many great features. One is the flight plan. As mentioned I select the departure and then the destination in their flight plan. The program does the rest instantly. You have the waypoints and, like I said, you can hit the 'recalulate' and it will provide several different routes with the same departure/destination. At departure, it will provide you with the SID and runway for departure. That's entered into the flightplan and I can then go ahead and put it in the FMC, say in the 737NGX. Near arrival, you'll get a STAR and the runway for arrival and that's entered into flight plan. I can then enter that data into my FMC. The problem only occurs when the FMC wants to start the descent and ProATC does not. I'm not sure this happens everywhere. It may be just a quirk in my LAX-SFO plan. Another thing I like is the ability to add background ATC. I had some problems with this but it is fixed now and I now can hear US ATC while flying over the US. They also have all the departure/arrival briefings. They may not be totally proper but they are there and you can turn them on/off. I really like the co-pilot handling all the commo between the aircraft and ATC plus making all the commo settings. He/she says gear up but so far I haven't gotten the co-pilot to do that in my 737NGX. Maybe in the default. I think it will eventually be a great program if they can iron out some of the issues as discussed here and in the comments section on the front page.

Best regards,

Jim

So Jim, do you see any fps loss?

Bob

Can the software determine the aircraft that will be used and it's capabilites i.e. speed, cruise altitude and tailor the flight plan based on those capabilities?

Bob