Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

Guest firehawk44

So Jim, do you see any fps loss?

No Bob. Runs the same as if ProATC wasn't activated in the flight.

Can the software determine the aircraft that will be used and it's capabilites i.e. speed, cruise altitude and tailor the flight plan based on those capabilities?

The software selects the speed and FL but that can be edited. When you prepare a flight plan you have to select the aircraft you plan on flying, say the 737-800. It needs that data to determine the capabilities of the aircraft as things would be different with a Lear or 747. You can also go in and edit the aircraft capabilities including adding aircraft not known to them and putting in the capabilities of that aircraft. Pretty neat stuff.

Best regards,

Jim

Best regards,

Jim

No Bob. Runs the same as if ProATC wasn't activated in the flight.

The software selects the speed and FL but that can be edited. When you prepare a flight plan you have to select the aircraft you plan on flying, say the 737-800. It needs that data to determine the capabilities of the aircraft as things would be different with a Lear or 747. You can also go in and edit the aircraft capabilities including adding aircraft not known to them and putting in the capabilities of that aircraft. Pretty neat stuff.

Best regards,

Jim

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim, appreciate the help.

Bob

I get rid

Hi,

I was just curious as to whether or not with Pro-ATC running, is the default ATC also running in the background even though the ATC voice is disabled?

Bob

I don't use Pro-ATC, but Radar Contact. I get rid of the ATC voices by turning down the ATC volume to ZERO in the sound preferences within FSX. I don't know if it disables the sound files from playing, but I haven't noticed any performance loss with or without the sound anyway...they're negligable.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Can the software determine the aircraft that will be used and it's capabilites i.e. speed, cruise altitude and tailor the flight plan based on those capabilities?

Bob

In addition to the list of aircraft already 'in there' i.e. stuff such as the 737-300, A320 (and some odd ones which we don't even have a decent simulation of, such as the B-720), all of which can be editied and have custom checklists created and assigned if you like, you can add your own aircraft. I had to do that to get the 787 in there. You add parameters thus, here, I'm banging in details for the Dassault Mercure for example:

1-71.jpg

The flight plans Pro ATC creates will be based on these parameters, so you could, if you wanted to, change the V Speeds and runway requirements before each flight you made if you wanted to.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If the destination airport has no tower nor arrival ATC, but has an ILS, what does Prio-ATC-X do ?

Guest firehawk44

If the destination airport has no tower nor arrival ATC, but has an ILS, what does Prio-ATC-X do ?

You won't get a flight plan. I tried it yesterday to make a flight plan from KORD to KSTL (St Louis). The ProATC program could not find a departing SID or arrival STAR so it denied preparation of the flight plan (as Al stated earlier, there are issues with some of the SID/STARS and routes that come with the program). I think that will surely be ironed out.

Best regards,

Jim

In addition to the list of aircraft already 'in there' i.e. stuff such as the 737-300, A320 (and some odd ones which we don't even have a decent simulation of, such as the B-720), all of which can be editied and have custom checklists created and assigned if you like, you can add your own aircraft. I had to do that to get the 787 in there. You add parameters thus, here, I'm banging in details for the Dassault Mercure for example:

1-71.jpg

The flight plans Pro ATC creates will be based on these parameters, so you could, if you wanted to, change the V Speeds and runway requirements before each flight you made if you wanted to.

Al

Thanks Al. One more question. Can you create new manufacturers?

Bob

You won't get a flight plan.

(as Al stated earlier, there are issues with some of the SID/STARS and routes that come with the program).

Jim

Not very good as I am often flying at smaller airports using the recent payware B90 King Air

So a flight plan from CYHZ to CYQM would not show up? These have SID/STAR but they would not be included in Pro-ATCX I suspect

That being the case it would be useless to me

Nope, you cannot. They are fixed, although I daresay you could request that the developers add one. For forty quid they ought to at least offer that LOL. Presently you can choose from:

Airbus Industrie, Boeing, Bombardier, BAe, Cessna, Dassault, Dornier, Embraer, Falcon Jet and Gulfstream (there's optimism for you LOL).

Al

Alan Bradbury

Am I reading correctly that Pro ATC is not really compatible with the RXP GPS models. As I understand it, use of the FSX GPS negates use of the RXP units, and visa versa. If the Pro ATC flight plan is dumped into the FSX default GPS, would not this negate use of the RXP units?

Respectfully:

RTH

When something is in the default FSX flight planner, you can save it out and tweak it, or duplicate it on an FMC or GPS. Pro ATC will be comparing your position to a default FSX plan as a part of its functionality, but that doesn't stop you from having either the same thing, or even something completely different in another system such as an FMC or payware GPS or whatever. This is why i was pointing out at the start of this thread that it would be better if one could import and export plans via Pro ATC directly. That you cannot is not a show stopper, but it does make working with it more tedious than it perhaps need be.

Al

Alan Bradbury

When something is in the default FSX flight planner, you can save it out and tweak it, or duplicate it on an FMC or GPS. Pro ATC will be comparing your position to a default FSX plan as a part of its functionality, but that doesn't stop you from having either the same thing, or even something completely different in another system such as an FMC or payware GPS or whatever. This is why i was pointing out at the start of this thread that it would be better if one could import and export plans via Pro ATC directly. That you cannot is not a show stopper, but it does make working with it more tedious than it perhaps need be.

Al

Al, I think I am missing something here. You stated that it is comparing the default fsx plan. Do I understand this correctly that you do not load the P-ATC plan into FSX, FSX automatically uses the one that is created by P-ATC. Is this how it works?

Thanks

Bob

Not knowing exactly what is going on under the hood, I honestly could not say with certainty how it works, that is just my presumption. I think you'd probably be better off enquiring on the product forum for a definitive answer on that. Remember, this program is fairly new to anyone who has bought it, including me, and I can literally count the amount of flights I've made with it on one hand, so I've not investigated everything about it yet.

Al

Alan Bradbury

I would assume that if the plan created by PATC is not useable by FSX, and folks are getting their pushbacks, ground and in flight comms then it is working the way it was designed. I do agree though that so many of these questions, not just mine, should be asked in the PATC forum. It just makes sense because the dev is not chiming in over here. I am going to post my questions on his forum going forward.

Regards

Bob

I don't doubt that any developer worht their salt is likely to look in on Avsim's forum, especially if they know that their is a seven page thread on their shiny new product, but if people put their requests, desires and suggestions on the actual product forum, it will probably galvanise action a bit quicker.

Al

Alan Bradbury