Sign in to follow this  
mookie5913

Paint Kit Help

I am attempting to paint my own BBJ, I am starting simple and doing a base color with just one stripe. Following the PDF I know that I need to crop each fuselage section then copy it to the correct fuse....but I have no idea how to do this. When I crop the red area for fuselage one the rest of the plane disappears and I dont have any way how to copy and move it to the other fuse!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

I usually use the selection tool and copy instead of cutting, then paste into the individual files.

Chris Hicks

Simple question mate.

Are you using "IMAGETOOL" for convert textures to BMP and them to DTX 5?.

Fher.

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

Simple question mate.

Are you using "IMAGETOOL" for convert textures to BMP and them to DTX 5?.

Fher.

Im not even converting yet, I am just trying to figure out how to move the paint from the main FUSE .psd to the three seperate PSD files. But when I start converting is there some kind of tool i should download?

So I finally got the files copied into the fuses (just 1,2 for now) but preview in FSX is almost like upside down.

1. Saved as .BMP in photoshop

2. opened in DXTBMP and saved as .DDS DXT5

3. Placed into texture folder

Result:

crap.png

What am I doing wrong?

you need to flip them :)

I looked for some way to do that but was unsure where , so how would I go about flipping them, photoshop cs5

Textures in paint kits often have to be flipped. You can do that by going to the image menu in photoshop and then choosing image rotation, then you'll see options to flip canvas horizontal or flip canvas vertical on a fly out menu.

Alternatively, you can flip a selection, to do that you make a selection, then go to the edit menu, then choose transform, and you will see the option on a fly out menu. Transform will only be available if you have either a selection or a path active.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As Al stated what I do is flatten image then flip canvas vertical, after I have flattened the image undo it so you get all of your history back again you never want to flatten an image permanently save it unflattened as a psd native photoshop file. You have to hit save for dxtbmp running in the background to except the saved new flat image but again uodo that flatten or you will loose all of your work its a good idea to make a backup copy incase you mess up lol.

Rich Sennett

I can't even open some of the .psd files without running out of memory (using paint.NET) :Phbbbt:

I looked for some way to do that but was unsure where , so how would I go about flipping them, photoshop cs5

If you have Photoshop (especially CS5), do a google search for the nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop. You should find a link to the nvidia page where you can download the 32 or 64 bit version. Install it and never worry about that cumbersome DXT to BMP process.

You will just paint the layers in the master files, copy merged the edited files and paste into the respective individual fuselage psd section files. Then flatten or merge visible. When you select "Save As", pick the DDS choice. When you go to save you will now get a popup window due to the Nvidia plug in. No need to adjust anything. You will see a small box checked that indicated the image will be flipped. That's all you need!