Sign in to follow this  
mariofsx

A couple of questions...

Hi!!!

I just started to use Radar Contact and I have a couple of questions:

1) When I'm at the airport and want to listen to the ATIS, I hear the default ATIS with the line of information in screen and it is heard above the RC. Also at the airport when I tune GROUND I hear the default ATC too and the RC Ground. Is it normal?

2) I had read that depending on where you fly, you hear recordings with the language of the country. I have flown in Spain but I have heard no voice in Spanish. Should I?

Thank you!

1) Go into FSX, Settings, Sound and uncheck Voice and ATC options.

2) English is the international language of ATC. I have been using RC for years and don't recall ever hearing another language.

2) you won't hear spanish spoken, you will hear a spanish accent.

and not every country is covered, only those that i have pre-recorded voices for.

my personal opinion, turn off the pre-recorded chatter - it's completely erroneous. since it's pre-recorded, it will always have the wrong pressure, the wrong runway, the wrong wind, the wrong chatter to other planes. if you have enough ai, rc will talk to them, far more realistically

jd