Trying now. Supposedly it fixes the Vsync micro-stutter issue, woohoo! Though my biggest complaint now is the absurdly stringent monitor detection that makes it so you can't run NV Surround without having 3 monitors with identical EDID info. I really hope they fix this...

No go. NV really dropped the ball on Surround support. This is unacceptable.

Too bad FSX runs on such an old code there's nothing Nvidia can do to improve performance...

Alexis Mefano

I'm using the Beta version of this that I downloaded from NVidia, and it seems to be working quite well. I like it.

Stan

Are you seeing any actual difference compared to the driver version you used before this beta version?

Richard Åsberg

Any clue if this fixes the throttling issues on the 580? WIth the 3.x series drivers, my 580 would throttle down randomnly in game.

Any clue if this fixes the throttling issues on the 580? WIth the 3.x series drivers, my 580 would throttle down randomnly in game.

Ben,

A user on the french forum says it does.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

304's work better for me than the 301's. Better frame rates, and smooth. Hope to see the WHOL's soon.

Stan

can't run NV Surround without having 3 monitors with identical EDID info.

Techguy,

Can you explain that a bit?

Does this mean I won't be able to use my 2 X 2405 Dell and the 1 x 2408 Dell?

Both the monitors seems to have the same resolution and sync polarity

VESA, 1600 x 1200 75.0 60.0 162.0 +/+

But I have seen few others say that their EDID is different and hence would not work.

Manny

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2405fpw/en/about.htm

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2408WFP/en/UG/about.htm

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Techguy,

Can you explain that a bit?

Does this mean I won't be able to use my 2 X 2405 Dell and the 1 x 2408 Dell?

Manny

Manny, sadly this is the case. If your monitors differ in any way whatsoever, you will not be able to run at full resolution in Surround mode. Even if you had identical models as I do, you could still encounter this issue, which NV actually added to their driver with the 280 release. In other words: it's a feature! Had I known about this I would have saved my money and stuck to a single screen. $900+ wasted at the moment on the other two screens + stands.

I ordered the different monitor because the 2408 had DP and HDMI which the video card has in addition to 2 x DVI (GTX 670)

my existing 2 X 2405 has only DVI-D (and the analog)

The new monitor is coming tomorrow. Maybe I shouldn't sign for it and it would be returned back to the seller. Dell Financials.

Hopefully they would be nice about it and refund me the money. Then I can get the 2405 instead

Sheesh!

Manny

Sadly, even 3 of the same monitor is not a guarantee you will be able to use them at full resolution. That's the problem I have.

Techguy,

you have the same 3 montors and it still doesn't work? What is the rationale here? Did they change the specs during manufacturing year/month?

Manny

Manny