Sign in to follow this  
Prune

What are the advantages of linking to Steam?

I was looking around my profile pages and I noticed the option to link to Steam.

Before I go ahead and do it I was just wondering what benefits there are to doing this. How does it affect my Avsim account, does it mean I get to see my posts in Steam on the Avsim forum that sort of thing. I have not linked acccounts between forums before so it would be nice to know first.

Any help would be much appreciated.

It's very simple really -- too much data exchange would violate Steams privacy policy. It's just a quick convenient way to authenticate you are who you say you are, and allow you access on those merits. Here's a brief breakdown as listed on the Steam website:

Why sign in through Steam?

By signing in through Steam, forum.avsim.net will be able to identify you within the Steam Community and retrieve your public gameplay information (such as stats and achievements).

Steam will not reveal your username or password to this site, rather a unique numeric identifier will be shared. You should never enter your Steam login credentials into a third party website!

Guest derda

Hence forget about...hahaha :Party: