Sign in to follow this  
schwapm

FSX Night flight brightness

I am looking for a solution to darken the look of FSX at night. I have already changed my monitor setting, which has helped, but not solved the issue. I found this on another forum:

For the dusk/dawn textures some people feel, subjectively, the result is too dark or too light. There are 2 items that allow the transition time to be changed:

[GRAPHICS]

DAY_THRESHOLD

NIGHT_THRESHOLD

acceptible values are 0 to 65535.

Defaults:

DAY: 32768

NIGHT: 4096

These entries are not in my .CFG, however.

Need to use the ENB mod. Some of them actually brighten night but some darken it as well.

There was one over on the REX forums that was really good. It was made by a user. Look in their freeware section. To me, all of Tim's are either too bright in the day or too dark in the night but some of the members there have modified them more to strike a balance.

Hello

Those entries are not in the config file by default. You need to add them in below the [Graphics] heading. Add them in as you have listed.

ie DAY_THRESHOLD=XXXXXX

XXX= The value you choose to start with.

Adjust until it looks good to you.

It worked good on my system.

Fly be free

Mike