Sign in to follow this  
moey124

who has the best 767 payware out there?

CS is not in the same league as the Level D but it is not bad either. The CS gives you a complete cabin and a fairly nice 3d model outside. The VC itself is a little bit inaccurate what you can see if you look at these pictures.

http://jetphotos.net...922652&nseq=126

http://www.captainsi...v767_28.jpg;x=1

The CS eicas displays have not the right dimension (too high not wide enough) compared to the real one and the distance between the backup instruments and the captain's display units are to wide.

i wouldnt say the displays have the wrong size.

Pffft! Why even ask, Level D all the way.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

You can't access the Level D FMC natively in the VC, you have to get a 2D pop-up.

Petraeus

The Level D one has the best simulation of a Pegasus FMC, however it is showing its age a lot. If you can live with the looks and the fact that much of it has to be controlled via 2D panels, it is still an excellent simulation though. And given that there was recently a very good payware visual upgrade released for the FS9 version of the Level D, I think it is reasonable to assume that there may also eventually be one forthcoming for the FSX version.

The Captain Sim one is more recent, but it is not as meticulously accurate in its system details as the Level D one, however, it would be unfair to suggest that it is bad, because it is still okay, a lot better than some people would have you believe actually.

The AeroSim one is pretty and gets good FPS, but it is a very light treatment of the real aeroplane; then again if you want a light treatment of the 767, then it may float your boat, but it is quite pricey, as indeed are all AeroSim's birds. You can make it more realistic with stuff like the ISG Smiths FMC and things like that, but it requires a bit of work and is of course an additional expense if you don't already have the ISG gauges. It does get blisteringly fast frame rates though.

The CLS one is also a light treatment of the 767, however, it is more functional than the AeroSim one, and it is cheaper than the AeroSim one too. Nevertheless, it is a portover from FS9 and although it runs okay in FSX, that means it is not DX-10 compatible, whereas the AeroSim one is a fully-native FSX model, so it gets better FPS.

If you want realistic, probably the Level D, if you want pretty, probably the Captain Sim, and if you want lightweight, either the CLS or the AeroSim, depending on budget and preferences for performance and detail.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I decided on the CS 767s because I was looking for all engine variants, PW, GE, and RR. TSS sounds were then added to match each of the models. I am probably too particular about this aspect of my aircraft since not all carriers use the same engines.

Keith Guillory

I decided on the CS 767s because I was looking for all engine variants, PW, GE, and RR. TSS sounds were then added to match each of the models. I am probably too particular about this aspect of my aircraft since not all carriers use the same engines.

And I bet CS correctly modeled each engine variant with every detail... LOL

And I bet CS correctly modeled each engine variant with every detail... LOL

Well, they will as far as the sticker on the engine cowling is concerned :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Hi,

I'd have to pick LevelD, without question.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

99.9999999% of the people here will say "LevelD". I think differently, LevelD is living throughout the glory of the past, it's old, dated, ugly and the sound is hilarious even if it works good.

Easily one of the best posts I've read all night. I couldn't agree more.

So whatever happened to LevelD? One great airplane and then run for the exits?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

They are part time developers with other jobs, and I think life has just got in the way of them doing anything on the 757 they were developing. If you look on their Avsim support forum you will find claims that their 757 is still on the way, but frankly that's becoming a bit of a joke, since that's been the standard answer for years.

You have to think that if it really was on the way and progress was being made, then some screenshots of something would have been forthcoming at some point, and there were a couple of screenshots years ago, but as far as I know, nothing has been seen or said of it for literally years since then, so I think most people have come to the conclusion that it's never going to show up in spite of claims to the contrary, and even if it does show up, probably no major airlines will be operating the thing by the time it happens. BA retired their 757s two years ago for example, and they were 27 years old at that point.

Al

Alan Bradbury

I own them both, overall I rate Level D 767 better as I don't care about eye candy too much, it looks OK to me with custom VC textures that can be downloaded from its forums. In terms of systems CS 767 is still far behind from Level D 767.

So really if you value realistic system simulation get Level D, if eye candy is more important then CS 767. It is not bad either, just not as deep system simulation. I don't know about today though, when it was released it had many nasty bugs, on my computer some of them so bad that really prevented me from doing longer than few hours flights with it.