Sign in to follow this  
moey124

who has the best 767 payware out there?

Level D for me. I have both aircraft and a major issue with the Captain Sim 767 starts off with a lot of overhead panel systems off, including the IRS. So you have to spend some time configuring everything. Of course, if you prefer starting up as Cold and Dark most of the time, this issue won't be present. But the Level D is better in my opinion.

Another thing: The Level D has FAR better FPS.

AND it has some announcements made by the ground crew on pushback, the flight attendants here and there in the flight etc. For example, when you start descending the captain gets onto the PA and says "Ladies and gentlemen, this is the captain speaking. We have now started our descent into our destination." You can also customise the accents of these people.

It's in that special group of fantastic FS add-ons. :smile:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just to clarify, the LevelD does have a free VC graphics update that really spruces things up. It can be downloaded on their support forums. After the update it looks as good as most modern VCs including the CS version. They also have an exterior update that adds winglet variats.

The exterior model doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the CS (i.e. moving parts you probably will never use) but it looks good and there are tons of HD repaints out there to use with it.

Definitely Level-D. No bugs, great realistic handling. 2D and VC are a bit dated but they do the job. Exterior model looks great if you use one of the FSX specific repaints.

If you want to replicate flight and systems accurately go with Level-D.

I only have the Level-D 767--it was my first payware purchase for FS--and I really like it. Like others have said, the VC textures are a bit old, but I can easily look past that because it's a high-quality plane in almost every other area.

And the FPS are very decent for my computer, which was brand-new about 2 1/2 years ago!

Here's a picture of the LVD767 with the free VC mod.

Not up to NGX standards but it's decent.

WXR-2100_LVL-D_011.jpg

There's also an even better one available as payware. Like 8 bucks. It's full HD textures and looks really nice. Also has new night lighting, callouts, reflections, and backlighting.

http://www.fspilotsh...roducts_id=3751

In other words, go with the LVLD. Much better on FPS, much better product overall, and the VC can be easily upgraded to meet modern day levels of eyecandy.

In other words, the LVLD VC can be easily upgraded to meet modern day levels of eyecandy.

That's not strictly true; whilst such texture upgrades can indeed make it look a lot better, and indeed they do, what they cannot do, is alter the 3D modeling, since only a replacement 3D model could do that, and so you will still have flat 2D textures on the overhead rather than three dimensional buttons; they will look better of course, but they will still be a flat picture. It therefore cannot truly meet modern day levels of eye candy. Not that this matters to many people when it is such a good simulation, but it does not free one up to use the visuals in the VC in the same way as one can with a more modern offering.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

There's also an even better one available as payware. Like 8 bucks. It's full HD textures and looks really nice. Also has new night lighting, callouts, reflections, and backlighting.

http://www.fspilotsh...roducts_id=3751

That payware upgrade is only designed for FS9 users, just so everyone knows. I don't know if it actually works in FSX, since the LDS 767 for FSX is actually a port over from their FS9 version.

I don't have the CS 767, but I have their 757 and it's still in an unfinished state while CS continues to push out new products.

Their business model has stopped me from buying anything else.

The 757 for me is still buggy, has horrible frame rates, and is lacking in systems.

The LDS 767 on the other hand is something I've been using for a long, long time. I originally had the FS9 version, then bought the FSX version for a discount when I moved over to FSX back when it released.

The Level-D has always been reliable, easy on frames, and complete systems-wise. It does have a few minor bugs that LDS refuses to fix (one of my gripes with them), but all in all it's the most complete 767 sim as far as realism goes.

Personally for me, eye candy (Captain Sim) only takes a sim so far. It actually has to fly properly at some point for me to appreciate the purchase.

I say both LevelD and CS if u got the $$ :Peace: :Party:

Well, they will as far as the sticker on the engine cowling is concerned :LMAO:

Al

I'm glad I've added some humor for you guys. Seeing that RR sticker and hearing all the right sounds makes me a believer. Then when I get my VC action going, I ought to see a bunch of switches that not only move when I select them, but there is a corresponding response on the gauges and displays - power load changes, warning lights, noises, passengers screaming that it's too cold in the cabin...

My biggest problem is that I tend to buy stuff so I don't have to wonder and wait for the release anymore.

I'll never claim to know how to fly any of these heavy jets, or might not really know which model is the most accurate, but I would recommend that if you are going to buy a plane and simulate flying it, you might as well get the most complex systems that won't do anything unless you start it correctly and learn the check lists. Another option is to search all the available freeware models and pick which one best meets your needs.

Keith Guillory

Does the CS 767 change the engine gauges depending on what engine type you are using? Do you see EPR first instead of N1? Does it use a different flight model?

It seems the cheerleaders for Captain Sim always give them a pass when it comes to system modeling and realism and just fall for the pretty looks.

They will never change their tune unless more people demand a push to PMDG type realism.

Yes, you will see the different readouts based on engine used. This was the selling point for me. You will see N3 readings for RR engines and the other differences between GE and PW.

Keith Guillory

Once you customise the Level D - upgraded VC textures, better sound set eg TSS, night lighting tweaks it stands up well to anything around today.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Yes, you will see the different readouts based on engine used. This was the selling point for me. You will see N3 readings for RR engines and the other differences between GE and PW.

And it uses a different air file and aircraft.cfg?

Seems like round 1263 of the 767 comparison is still running strong. Don't miss the show and lets not forget that the weekly comparison of 737 is up next. Who needs a forum search anyway? ^_^

Great roundup from Alan though. He never gets tired of explaining and giving food for thought.

I already bought the popcorn.

Once you customise the Level D - upgraded VC textures, better sound set eg TSS, night lighting tweaks it stands up well to anything around today.

So, once you tweak the LevelD far beyond what it is, it will become okay? Sounds about right.

It seems the cheerleaders for Captain Sim always give them a pass when it comes to system modeling and realism and just fall for the pretty looks.

This is obviously based on what i said in the first reply. People take for granted that CS is a bad developer and don't even spend their time investigating whether it is true or not. Most will do this based on what they read in the forums or what they hear from a friend. You'd be surprised if you flew CS's 767 trust me. Same applies to their superb 737.

I still wonder why many stand by PMDG as if it was perfection in the making. I am waiting for my 737NGX 2D throttle panel, where is it? The 747-400 bugs that were never ironed out, what's up with that? And why on earth does the 737NGX perform stunning 45º bank angles when AS2012/REX inject weather changes while no other addon does that?

Every developer has issues, some more than others, but they're there.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11