Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Never before was my simmer life so simple & Happy !

Today I installed MS FLIGHT's latest update. It took longer on XP, a lot less on Win7 64 bit, got stuck for 4 times due to network congestion on XP, installed smoothly at the first try on Win 7.

On both systems I noticed increased smoothness, or, at least, no less than before (but I am almost sure it is smoother now...). The added Controls made me rather happy, just as did the additional Weather Themes.

The Images from Alaska are simply GREAT!

The only aircraft we almost know for sure will be added is a MUST, and I am really looking forward to get it :-)

All of this happened in just a few minutes, no PITA, no complicated install/reinstall/tweak, nothing...

MS FLIGHT... what else?....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

MS FLIGHT... what else?....

FSX, if you want a complete Sim...... Flight! is nice enough but it is a game rather than a sim. and on my machine FSX runs just as well and looks great.

There is no "complete" sim; certainly not FSX.

Got news for ya, FSX is a game also. I know for a fact it does not look great "right out of the box" as Flight does. KISS!

(please, no... not down this path again.... ) :Praying:

FS9 and FSX ( for a brief period) almost gave me a complete nervous breakdown. When I deleted them off my hard drive I got off my blood pressure meds.....On the other hand, I flew around tonight with Flight, from Hawaii, to Maui and landed at about 5 airports. Zero problems, and smooth flying with great scenery. Track IR which I installed when I arrived home , a few hours before I started flying worked perfectly. I never had that with MSFS, despite flying it for thousands and thousands of hours. . Now that I am thinking back to those days, that thing that would really make me blow my top, is when I would fly for a Virtual Airline and after a 4 hour flight in a 767, on approach to my destination, the screen would just lock up or I would get the famous MSFS " CTD" . :Cry: One night that happened, and I went into control panel/uninstall programs, and said Hasta Luego FS9, your toast. Never flew it again.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Agreed. The place to talk about FSX slicing bread, curing cancer and colonizing Mars is in the FSX Forum.

Have fun, dog.

What is starting to annoy me, is that this is supposed to be a forum about Flight. The folks that are posting here, and flying with Flight, some of who have little experience in flight sims, and some like me who have decades of experience like to talk about the program and how much they like it. Within a microsecond, someone has to chime in about what is wrong with Flight and how great FS9 and FSX and X-Plane, and all the other sims are. I guess my question is, if they are so great, why aren't these folks hanging out on the forums dedicated to those products, rather than coming on this forum and trying to stir up "hate and discontent?" To me , it's like a Mac fan getting on a Microsoft Forum and bashing Windows 7 and 8.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

What is starting to annoy me, is that this is supposed to be a forum about Flight. The folks that are posting here, and flying with Flight, some of who have little experience in flight sims, and some like me who have decades of experience like to talk about the program and how much they like it. Within a microsecond, someone has to chime in about what is wrong with Flight and how great FS9 and FSX and X-Plane, and all the other sims are. I guess my question is, if they are so great, why aren't these folks hanging out on the forums dedicated to those products, rather than coming on this forum and trying to stir up "hate and discontent?" To me , it's like a Mac fan getting on a Microsoft Forum and bashing Windows 7 and 8.

ya know, valid point. Many of jcomms posts come across as nothing more than ###### type postings with no substance, but you are right, this is the Flight forum and he is entitled to these types of posts. I really enjoy Flight, but I also still enjoy FSX for what Flight is lacking which is quite a bit. I have never had performance issues or CTDs or other issues with FSX. I find performance in Flight only slightly better than my FSX, so maybe that is why I am not seeing the over the top adoration that some have with Flight.

I flew for a couple of hours in Flight the other day and while the flight was great, fluid, great scenery, stunning sunset, I constantly kept dreaming of the things that were missing that I hope to see one day.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Mad Dog,

I removed your post. If you are not a Fight fan and Flight user you need to stop posting here. Same goes for anyone else who thinks they are having fun slumming in the Flight Forum and starting arguments. I suggest you vacate this forum voluntarily and stay completely out of these people's faces.

It would be a really good idea to do as I have kindly suggested. You know what is coming next otherwise, and none of us want that do we? Lets keep this friendly between old friends that mind their own business and leave everyone else alone. No more of this, leave the Flight fans their own forum to themselves.

Kind regards,

I agree with the OP. The update installed without a glitch. After reading the comments about the performance of Track IR, I am looking into acquiring the device.

Mad Dog,

I removed your post. If you are not a Fight fan and Flight user you need to stop posting here. Same goes for anyone else who thinks they are having fun slumming in the Flight Forum and starting arguments. I suggest you vacate this forum voluntarily and stay completely out of these people's faces.

Hello Stephen.

If you are going to delete my posts that's fine, I am out of here.

But in the interests of fairness you should probably also delete the ones in this thread also.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/377346-flight-update-is-out/page__st__50

Regards

Glyn

Many of jcomms posts come across as nothing more than ###### type postings with no substance

Oops!

So true! I hate it when me does it....

Ya see, MS FLIGHT somehow emptied the substance in my posts... I simply share emotions sometimes... Sorry for that!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I simply share emotions sometimes... Sorry for that!

Don't ever stop.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I simply share emotions sometimes... Sorry for that!

Don't ever stop.

+1. It's a good thing that we can share excitement, I read all your posts with interest and joy.