Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Air Tractor

Here you go. Be sure to switch it to 1080 HD quality so you can really see it (and yes I agree, the first dusting run was a rotten shot LOL):

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sold!!

Thanks for the video Al!!

You are welcome. I think aerially crop dusting that field would be insane in real life, but it does at least show what it flies like and actually, I think it looks even better in the sim, youtube compresses things a little bit. If you've sprung for it, you will know what I mean when you see the anti-slip walkway covering on the wing and details such as that actually in the sim, very cool bit of texturing.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Yes, the attention to detail in the model is very impressive!!

Cheers!!

Thanks for the video, it answered all the questions I had. Looks really great!

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I'm going to have a bash at creating a crop dusting mission for it for FSX. I think it would be a good idea to have it necessary to perform it with a certain time limit in order to make it a bit more interesting, although I'll play around with a few ideas of that nature, since it will probably require a bit of fancy footwork with mission triggers in order to get that to work well.

Be nice to have some kind of challenge to perform with the thing since it is fairly hard to fly. God knows what Cessna were thinking when they designed a crop duster which stalls at 61 mph, you'd have thought they'd try and go for a slower stall speed than that. Anyway, it's a great aeroplane add on for the price, no wonder Carenado decided to back these guys.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Thanks for your review, Alan. The thing went right up to #1 of my list. :dance:

Erm, my mind may trick me, but wasn't there a real Air Tractor from another dev some time back? I think I saw a preview somewhere. There it is. http://www.flightsimnation.com/ "Air Tractor" AT-802 "Fire Boss".

Yes,thanks to Al,I'm slowly burning a hole in my wallet!! :LMAO:

Thanks for the video Al! IMHO, every developer should create a video like that to give perspective buyers a "tour" of the product in operation, rather than a flashy video with music blocking out the engine sounds etc...

Looks like this would be a great companion to the many well-detailed farms in the ORBX-lands...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I bought it and I absolutely love it! Just now posted some pics of the plane over at the screenshots forum http://forum.avsim.n...wn-on-the-farm/

There are plenty of fields that need tending in ORBX NZSI.

John

Wow, is that Orbx NZSI and nothing else?? Looks fantastic compared to PNW!

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

The first three are ORBX NZSI, a few miles north of Invercargill. The remainder of the pics show Gottfried Razek's BlueSkyScenery of California, north of Monterey. That latter area around Salinas, Gilroy and Watsonville would be ideal for crop dusting, but of course the photoreal textures lose their sharpness at low altitude and there's no autogen.

John

Now I'm still on the fence (mind the pun!), but that rw video just left me breathless. I mean, not only how low and fast he goes, but that slipping around the pole at 5:00 stopped my heart. :Whew:

We have power lines, we have some cars just passing by some second before he arrives at the small road. What else? Those pilots are nuts. I guess they would fall asleep in a roller-coaster.

Farmer to new pilot. 'And here's your sphere of action.'

Pilot. 'Nice, where's the guy who had it last time?'

Farmer. 'Somewhere on that field over there.' :o