So am I just missing out w/o track IR and the NGX? Is it worth 150 bucks? I am tempted but what is the diff between ir5 and the older 4. And how many use it here?

Thanks!

I use the TrackIR 5 and it is AMAZING. IMO it's one of the best things for FSX.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yeah agree, track ir changes your FS feeling..you will never fly without it! if you always have good fps in your VC than go get it!

Track IR5 and Yes,

but check for some profiles like Andydigital or Seth - flight which can be downloaded from their

support somewhere.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have trackir5 and it was worth every penny. Bit weird at first but no way I could go back now. Go for it.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I guess I will be the one "nay" on here. :) I had one, just sold it because I wasnt using it. I have a triple head which I also just sold...going back to 2-larger monitors in hopes of better frames.

I liked the track-ir idea, just wasnt for me....no idea why I felt this way, it's a great product. Just not used to the turning even further to the lef tor right I guess?

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Track IR5 and Yes,

but check for some profiles like Andydigital or Seth - flight which can be downloaded from their

support somewhere.

Lol I had forgotten I'd made a profile available somewhere, here is a direct link if anyone is interested in using my profile, its a good starting point for you to tweak if nothing else.

Just copy the xml file inside the zip to;

C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles

https://dl.dropbox.c...Andydigital.zip

Oh and I won't fly or race sims without TrackIR5, it is a vast improvement over TIR3 for example.

Cheers, Andy.

If you mostly just fly airliners then you may not like. I sure dont. But for GA flights or a helicopter it's a game-changer and totally worth it.

It's also awesome with other games. I use it with the DCS combat sims and it's 10x better then FSX. Imagine doing a strafing run on some tanks and then being able to turn your head to the back as you pass them to see them burn.

Noah Bryant

I've used it a few times but not overly comfortable with it yet... I find it very difficult to see the overhead panel for example. Are people using this with Ezdok? If so, are there any suggested downloads for both profiles?

Many thanks

I've been using TrackIR 4 since almost day one of flight simming and wont fly without it. Out of curiosity what is the difference between 4 and 5?

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Track IR5 with a track clip is much more smooth and precise than TIR4. I bought TIR5 after I broke my TIR4 and wouldn't hesitate to get another.

That said I can understand why those wouldn't like it so much with FSX. Because FSX is such poorly writen software and thus jerky, trying to use TIR makes it feel more so, especially with complex addons such as PMDG's offerings. I find it better for GA addons as they're less demanding and it's more useful for GA to be able to look around.

Where I find TIR really shines is with DCS products; if you have any of their sims then TIR is invaluble. If you don't, why not?!!? DCS is the PMDG of military simming, and as they have the benefit of not being handicaped by shoddy 6 year old software, nothing comes closer to the real experience of flying.

I have TrackIR5 with the Pro Clip, but to be honest, I don't use it "every flight" like some people are saying here. I mostly only use it when I'm flying on VATSIM because I have to wear my headset anyway. However it is still a great product. I do find looking at the overhead panel quite difficult, especially the IRS switches and window heat on the NGX. It is great for GA planes.

I've used it a few times but not overly comfortable with it yet... I find it very difficult to see the overhead panel for example. Are people using this with Ezdok? If so, are there any suggested downloads for both profiles?

Many thanks

Take a look at this video and let me know if you like it. Then I'll send you both my trackIR profile and my EZdok camera set. Absolutely no problems with the overhead:

Cheers

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Smasher, Thansk for the video. When you say Track IR enabled effects disabled do you mean EZCA effects or Track IR effects? If Track IR effects what effects are these? Are they like EZCA? I am also running this program EZCA and have read how to work them together, and I really like your camera system.

I just fly PMDG airliners so was really wondering if it was worth the bug ducks for looking around the cockpit at FL360 you know. Not like I am dogfighting or anything.

Thanks

Smasher

How can I get your track IR profile and EZ dock camera set.?

Thanks

Greg

Greg Clark