Sign in to follow this  
Lethalgoat

MS Flight - saitek cyborg evo force pitch up

1st ever new topic post... definite newb!

Have been a successful mouse pilot up til now. Just plugged in my saitek cyborg evo force and thought I'd try it out in Flight. Took off from Honolulu and had to fight the software wanting to pitch my nose up for 5 minutes before I quit in disgust. Please advise me of possible remedies to fix the saitek cyborg evo force pitch up problem.

Off-topic - I love the helpful and friendly attitudes of 99.9% of ppl on AVSIM! Love your work!

Did you trim?

With mouse you didn`t had to trim, with joystick you need to trim.

Explain...

I know I can trim plane using the Shift-up or -down. I didn't actually try it at the time, :blush: but I will say the pitch up seems very unlikely to be fixed by that idea.

I am a newb though...

any other possible causes?

First check which buttons you assigned to elevator trim.

If you don`t change the trim, the plane will pitch up as you go faster.

You have to trim down to fly level at normal speed, for example the Maule at 150kts i trim down about 11%, depending on the weight of course.

So try to fly and trim down the aircraft.

Explain...

I know I can trim plane using the Shift-up or -down. I didn't actually try it at the time, :blush: but I will say the pitch up seems very unlikely to be fixed by that idea.

I am a newb though...

any other possible causes?

It DEFINITELY is trim, as Heimi said! Use Shift-up or Shift-down (probably Shift-up in order to trim the nose up behaviour). You probably have to click those keys a few times. If I don't trim my plane will go up so much that I will end up in a stall and crash... (unless I fight it with the elevator as you have been trying to do).

Trimming is something you have to do frequently, certainly during climb and descent, but even during cruise you may have to adjust trim in order to fly level. Trimming is an essential part of flying a plane. You might want to assign two knobs of your joystick to trimming!

I would also suggest assigning joystick buttons to pitch trim, as you will be adjusting that a lot.

If you can't hand fly it, it needs trim, as does any plane.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yo :)

On my Saitek Evo Force (still no news of an eventual FFB :sad: ) vertical trim is assigned automatically to buttons 3 and 3. 1 is for "both brakes", 2 is for "next camera, 5 & 6 are set for flaps. This is the game's default setting.

buttons 3 and 3.

Buttons 3 and 4, I suppose? :wink: