Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 Nav Lights Experimental Fix

:biggrin: - Yah - it gets updated pretty frequently, Dave. Rain and Lights this week!

Take Care,

OK, a "small fix to Steve's fix" :)

im%20Not%20Worthy.gifThanks very much for this post RNGR!! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Don't stop now!

The entire DX10 lights issue is still complicated - but it's becoming a whole easier thanks to guys like Steve and you. It's your efforts that make all of this work.

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

HI Dave! D'you need some more snow? :lol:

Yeah, more or less... The whole thing is now in the "How-To" here, (pdf here), as one downloadable zip-file, and containing Steve's original modified files (the ballast.fx now being deleted), and with the addition of the two navred and green fx files.

I should caution - this fix only applies to stock aircraft, or addon aircraft which use these same .fx files.

All the Best,

pj

This fix only applies to stock GA aircraft . (not for Learjet, 737)

Thanks nevertheless ! :rolleyes:

Concerning the lighting with DX-10 : Some curious things happen with my addon aircraft :

Ifly 737 , Pmdg 747 : lights are ok only when above 23000 ft

below: they appear only partially (in frontview )

Feelthere Ejet: : lights ok only when above 28000 ft

below : nothing

LevelD 767 : lights always ok!

Nothing to do with lights, but very curious is also, that the paintings of some of

my ai-aircraft (Tfs, Djc...) appears correctly when they are immobile at the gate,

but becomes grey when they begin to move !

Otherwise I get 30-40% better framerates with Dx10

Guy

I would like to thank Steve and all the contributors for this lighting fix.

I have applied it to a variety of addon aircraft by Carenado, Milviz, Justflight and finally MaamSim

and in each case, it has worked perfectly.

The biggest challenge was the MaamSim C47 which also has blue recognition lights but even this worked

eventually.

I made a blue light by modifying the modified fx_navgre.fx :smile:

This is a model originally designed for Fs 2002, shown working perfectly in FSX Gold, DX10 under Windows 8.

C47%20lights.jpg

Applying all the available DX10 fixes to FSX has given it a new lease of life.

Happy New Year,

Nick

Hi all. I notice that my nav lights flash (usually in unison with the beacon) instead of staying solid. Any ideas? Thanks very much again for all the brilliant work.

ho no!!! where can download the ballast.txr file?? i see atached in you post but i dont how downolad i new in the web!!!!! you can send my the file on my e mail?? carbone.garcia@gmail.com??

Hello Steve,

I have seen your explanation and solution about the nav light problems in FSX. I would like to try your solution but I'm not able to download the advised attachments. Can you give me directions where I can find these? I would really appreciate that.

My name is Ton Scholten from The Netherlands. 

Sincerely,

Ton

Edited by firehawk44
Removed e-mail address as this can lead to a lot of spam for you. If you need information sent directly to you, the individual will PM you and the PM will be sent directly to the e-mail address you listed when you became a member.

they are in the dx10 fixes download in the avsim library

[edit] which are still linked to in my signature (had to check)