Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

Mitchell Wing, earn your wings!

Just a HU for the folks visiting the Aerosoft forums. The guys have released another gift for their users. This time (after the Flight Calculator), it's the Mitchell Wing.

Find more details in this thread. http://forum.aerosof...hell-wing-here/

Note. You will only be able to see the thread if you have an account over there. If you don't have one yet, perhaps register since the plane comes for free. Did I already mention that it comes for free? Well, if not.. it's free! :Peace:

I may add some screenshots later, but the thread should give you an impression about the unique shape. Means you may have to leave the wife and dog at home while flying. Just sayin'.

That thing looks great, just downloading it. Can't wait to test it.

Thanks for the HU

I'm dropping some screenshots.

fun4m.th.jpg

fun3a.th.jpg

fun2s.th.jpg

funf.th.jpg

The modelling looks very nice to me, a winner indeed. And with that canopy and the great views, I guess I like it even more than the (payware) Falcon from the same author. You just feel faster and the Rotax is a bit muffled.

I'd say that this one would be a nice target for all you repainter pros out there since it comes in a beautiful shape and only one livery from Aerosoft.

Not to mention, the handling is very agile and you are in the retractable gear club (3 wheels, Alan!), just in case some fixed gear fellow asks. :spiteful:

Go get that one! Perhaps look at the Falcon too, just to support the idea of the free gift.

I've been gliding around in PNW country for a while. Yes, gliding, with the engine off. This works quite good and allowed some relief from the work of the Rotax engineers or whoever designed that thing turning the prop. As a note, it doesn't like inverted flights that much. :biggrin:

Looking around in the VC you will find the textures on the structures to be amazingly good. I mean, look at that detail.

bumppd.th.jpg

By the way, I wasn't precise on the amount of wheels this thing can retract. It's four actually. So you will laugh about those carrying less, right? Just%20Kidding.gif

Thanks for the heads up!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's an excellent plane for sure! Tried it out last night, very fun.