Sign in to follow this  
mariksio

Castle AFB Help

I have redesigned the Castle AFB but the alert apron is in the city, actualy one house is on top of the B-52, is there aney way to delete those buildings around airport

Yes, of course. If the building is autogen, then simply make sure that the airport background also excludes autogen, and you should have done that anyway. Or perhaps you did not re-create the airport background? In any case, you should.

Best regards.

Luis

Try the program called Airport Design Editor (ADE) or Airport Facilitator X (AFX) or Airport Studio. The last 2 can be purchased at Flight1.com

Open the KMER airport file, ie. KMER.bgl or AF2_KMER.bgl, etc. You can lock to FS and slew your aircraft to the location where you wish to edit out or exclude the autogen buildings.

Select the Exclude Rectangle tool and expand the red rectangle over an area large enough to exclude the problem buildings. Save/Compile the airport and refresh your flightsim.

It is strange timing that I was considering re-doing my Castle AFB today prior to seeing this post. Good luck. Ask additional questions if you need help.

Keith

Keith Guillory

It really helps to know if you are working in FSX or FS9.

It really helps to know if you are working in FSX or FS9.

I was considering asking the question, but now my question is what was used to redesign the base?

Keith Guillory

A good program to use if your using FS9 is Sbuilder, while it can be a bit of a bugger to set up, once its up and running, its a very powerful utility to edit and create landclass files, background, move autogen, create autogen areas. And best of all its free, also like the other poster said, ADE9 is one of the best AFD editors availble now, it combines afcad and runway12 into a single program, the FSX version will allow for the editing of the FSX landclass files, negating the need for Sbuilder in FSX. For us FS9ers, we still need SBuilder.