Sign in to follow this  
Jeff_B

ABEAM PTS / DIRECT TO

Howdy all hope everyone is good in their parts of the world!.

Question regarding ABEAM PTS & DIRECT TO technique(s). Was following the FCOM and whilst their are a couple of direct to techniques by moving/deleting waypoints on Legs Pg etc the ABEAM does not appear at btm right for selection. Is this a customer/airline option or is it not modelled. Currently using the Qantas livery and dont get this option.

Just curious anyone else with comments.

Cheers

Thanks im aware of that.

What im asking is if you move direct to a waypoint in your legs page (by bypassing waypoints in from of it) according to the FCOM it gives you the option to create the abeam wayponts in the legs page so you have them on the ND display for reference.

FCOM 11.42.12

In blue text, the FCOM states [Option - FMC U10.3 or later]. I'm not 100% positive, but I think it is a customer option. Hopefully we will see it modeled in SP2

The option appears beside LSK 6R on the LEGS page AFAIK when you select a direct to a waypoint.

Ró.

I dont see it - must be customer/livery option then.

No, it's there- just not labeled what you are thinking.

Up-select a point and on LSK6R you'll see the course that you would take to go direct to it. You can change this to what you want.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Becouse it's on 5R. It appears only if direct to course is different to the active leg course.

Up-select a point and on LSK6R you'll see the course that you would take to go direct to it.

Abeam pts and intercept course are different things.

Becouse it's on 5R. It appears only if direct to course is different to the active leg course.

Ooops, sorry guys, bit of a brain fart there, it is in fact the LSK 5R.... :Doh:

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

But at 5R according to FCOM should bring up the option for ABEAM.