Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

New Cancun Scenery

Hi there,

has anyone purchased the new AVIATION MULTIMEDIA STUDIOS - CANCUN 2012 FSX scenery yet? I'm actually going to Cancun for the first time next week and would love to fly it in FSX first, you know how that goes.......

Here's the link: http://www.aviationms.com/v2/

I saw in their support forum that customers were provided non-functioning keys so now I'm too afraid to go for it, only to go through the same agony.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I don't have this but it looks awesome, I may buy it for some WestJet flights

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hey Ron,

of course I went to buy it, only to answer my own question :Peace: It looks very good so far. I was a bit worried with all the trees it would bring down FPS, but it doesn't on my system.

I'll have to do more testing, but so far it looks really good. Of course the best test will be when I go there next week to check it out for real - now that's what I call a real review of an add-on :LMAO: BTW, purchase and key worked just fine, contrary to what was posted on their support forum.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Hey Ron,

of course I went to buy it, only to answer my own question :Peace: It looks very good so far. I was a bit worried with all the trees it would bring down FPS, but it doesn't on my system.

I'll have to do more testing, but so far it looks really good. Of course the best test will be when I go there next week to check it out for real - now that's what I call a real review of an add-on :LMAO: BTW, purchase and key worked just fine, contrary to what was posted on their support forum.

Cheers,

Pete

Scenery works very well, after tree attempt they finally find out what's wrong with some key's.

Nothing to worry about longer, all ok here then. Straight%20Face.gif

Great scenery :Peace:

Glad to see it is finally out. I actually purchased the FS9 version by mistake a year ago due to a shopping spree under the influence.

I know the airport and area very well - been there 13 times. It does look good from the screenshots and I think they did some work on the city/Hotel Zone as well.

BTW, LatinVFR seems close on their Cozumel scenery.

Thanks for the HU.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just went over to Simmarket and noticed MMCZ is also out - they are right next to each other in the new products section. That's convenient.

Anyway, according to AMS, they redesigned MMUN since the FS9 release and everything is FSX native. That explains why it took so long. It also includes Isla Mujeres and the Isla Airport.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hi there,

I'm actually going to Cancun for the first time next week and would love to fly it in FSX first, you know how that goes.......

Jealous. We stayed on Isla Mujeres in May. If you get a chance, head over there while you are in Cancun. Its only a 20 minute ferry ride from Cancun. Isla has great scenery, lots of good inexpensive restaurants and a fantastic beach - Playa Norte.

Where are you staying?

BTW, when you are at the airport, you need to watch out for the time share sharks. If you are coming from Europe, you will probably be in Terminal 2. I have not been to 2 for a while but I recall that the game is basically the same as 3.

Go through Immigration

Pick up bags at baggage claim

Go through Customs

Walk in to hallway where everyone will ask you your hotel name, tour company...They act like they are there to help you but they are not. They are all time share sharks. Pass all of them by until you get outside where the transportation is. Don't talk to anyone in that corridor before you get outside. Don't buy any tours there either. You will have plenty of chances to buy tours at your hotel.

Good luck. Have a great time.

Glad to see it is finally out.

You were the first person I though of when I saw this had been released since I knew you have been wanting a good version of Cancun for a long time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Glad to see it is finally out. I actually purchased the FS9 version by mistake a year ago due to a shopping spree under the influence.

I know the airport and area very well - been there 13 times. It does look good from the screenshots and I think they did some work on the city/Hotel Zone as well.

BTW, LatinVFR seems close on their Cozumel scenery.

Thanks for the HU.

It was released:

http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?4609-LatinVFR-Cozumel-MMCZ-released-for-FSX-and-FS2004

The photo scenery in Cancun looks blurry. Can someone comment on the photo areas?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have MMUN and MMCZ installed. I am a little torn on MMUN and I wish I had checked out my current install before I installed the new stuff. From my memory of what I had installed, the AMS scenery is good in some parts but not in others. Still, if your main focus is just the Cancun airport, this is the best version out there.

For the area, I was running the TSim MMUN with the CancunX enhancement from Latin Enhance - http://secure.simmarket.com/latin-enhance_cancn-x.phtml#reviews. I think it did a pretty good job but it was far from perfect. I may do some comparison shots on Sunday if I have time.

As for MMUN, it looks great but the ADE may need a little work. The landside areas are a big step up from TSim and I I glad they were able to get traffic on the access roadways - especially under the bridge. The mangroves are a little repetitive but they do the trick. They didn't model the bar outside of T3 arrivals - that's a major omission (jk)

The photoscenery is blurry and I don't like that they used the photoscenery roads for the hotel zone rather than creating Kukulkan Blvd with FSX roads. Still, road traffic is included so it is not a total loss. Also, they should have done more of the Hotel Zone - they didn't go far enough south or east.

Isla Mujeres definitely looks worse than my previous install. I can't even begin to tell you how inaccurate it is.

One nice thing outside of the airport is they included traffic on HWY 307 almost all the way to Playa Del Carmen and the added a few resorts in Riviera Maya

In short, the airport looks great but the rest of the area has some drawbacks.

MMCZ is great. I don't have any complaints except I would have liked a little more of the city/island modeled.

One Caveat - I have installed a lot of scenery in this area over the years and I have removed parts of scenery packages and layered different packages to get the best effect. It is entirely possible that I have not removed a previous modification prior to installing these new packages. I know I purchased the Newport Cozumel but I can't even find it in my FSX install. On Sunday, I will rework the area but untill not, this is my quick assessment of the new scenery packages to one of my favorite areas on the planet.