Sign in to follow this  
pthayer

Sludge/Combat Hornet Integration

I installed the Sludge mod v1.2 and it works just fine. I want to modify by Captain Sim Delta hornet with the the sludge/combat hornet integration ("shchi.zip"), which specifies that it will also upgrade Capt. Sim's Hornet. I made this upgrade with my last computer and it worked fine, but I have since changed to 64-bit Windows and upgraded my hardware. EVGA GTX 570 HD, Intel i7 2700k, P8P67 Deluxe mobo. Now, when I try to run SHCHI.exe (the installation program), it says "Sludge/Combat Hornet installer has stopped working" as soon as I execute the program. I did "run as administrator" and allowed the program to make changes to my computer. Any thoughts as to why this error message is coming up? I got the file fresh and new straight from avsim, then tried downloading it from flightsim.com and got the same result. Help is awesome. Thanks!

Have you disabled your antivirus software, temporarily while making the installation?

I say this, because the SHCI .exe needs to connect to Sudge's website to download and install the files.

I turned off my firewall, anti-virus and everything and it still gives me the same error message. Weird. Anyone else have this problem?

Why don't you just try 2012 FSX BLUE ANGELS BOEING F/A-18 HORNET? It has basically the same modifications as Sludge Hornet but even more! New liveries, dynamics, effects etc. And you don't have to "integrate" anything. Just install it and if you have CS XLOAD installed too, it automatically allows you to select modified D model in aircraft selection, simple as that.