Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

8 Engine Throttle Quadrant

I have a B-52 that I'd sure like to add the throttle quadrant. I have searched all over and can't find any 6 0r 8 engine throttle quadrants. Does anyone know if one is available, and if so, where? Thanks, Bob.

The CH quadrant is 6-way. I don't know of a specific 8-way throttle quadrant, but it is certainly possible to use multiple throttle quadrants on one system (I use 2 x CH 6-way quadrants on my setup). The problem that I see, though, is how you set up any quadrant to control engines above #4. As far as I know, the FSX Controls system only allows you to address engines 1 thru 4. Others may know different !

Hi Dick. Thanks. I should have described my request better. I was looking for a software throttle quadrant gauge with 6 or 8 throttles and not a hardware throttle quadrant. I can find several 4 engine quadrants but none for 6 or 8 engine planes like the B-36 or B-52. I appreciate the help. Maybe because FSX only supports 4 engines nobody has made such a gauge. Regards, Bob.

I think you only can use dummy throttles.

So for engine 1,3,5 and 7 the normal throttle code and for 2,4,6 and 8 dummy code.

Look in the 747.cab (fs9) for xml synthax.

Use a L:Var for the dummies.

Only effect is ofcourse visual.

You could try to make it more realistic by reducing the %power-range in the clickarea of the #1 engine and add the rest in the #2 etc.

Then you will have max power only when all throttles are at full.