Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

How to download the additional DLC for Alaska

The final DLC - Temperate Climate - is fetched and installed from within the program, when from the new World Icon you select "Alaska" ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Interesting. And odd. I am quite surprised about all that seperate DLC... I think MS should have offered all that as one update instead of DLC! After all, it's not something you are going to use on its own: it's an upgrade to the core game. The way they did this now is making it confusing and complicated: some people might think they don't need it and those who do have no idea how to download it...

Anyway, I pinned this post because I think more people may get confused about this.

daelight posted this in the Alaska released topic, indicating that apparently ALL additional DLC is downloaded by selectong Alaska.

If he downloads wilderness pack then loads Flight and selects Alaska... it will ask you to click Download for the rest of the DLCs....

I think they did it like this because they realise that not everyone has superfast broadband. I myself only have a 4meg connection so splitting up the download into separate files seems sensible to me. But I do think they could have made things clearer and less confusing.

First, of course, you must have a Payment Method registered with XBox Live. Go to XBox.com, sign in with your gamertag, and do that. I used Paypal , but you can use any credit or debit card. Microsoft Points were being phased out anyway so don't bother with them unless you have some tucked away.

I purchased everything through the XBox web site - just search for Flight and all downloadable content is listed. The land class packs are free, but you must "purchase" them anyway, it just won't cost anything. But, I did not download any of Alaska there.

Instead, I launched the GFWL Marketplace client that most of us installed initially, and downloaded all the land class packs first, then the Alaska Pack. The Marketplace client allows you to set the download and installation location and it handles everything pretty seamlessly.

Best regards.

Luis

So, this morning before work I downloaded them all, installed Alaska and then ran all the downloads for the rest from Marketplace. Am I going to have a mess when I get home tonight or is it all going to work?

So, this morning before work I downloaded them all, installed Alaska and then ran all the downloads for the rest from Marketplace. Am I going to have a mess when I get home tonight or is it all going to work?

You probably will have one more 450 Mb download, Temperate Climate, when you fire up Flight for the first time.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

You probably will have one more 450 Mb download, Temperate Climate, when you fire up Flight for the first time.

Well at least it's gigs worth.